Post-Game Talk: Bruins’ development camp July 12-15 - Farewell Ristuccia Arena

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Plenty to get excited about this DC camp. That's usually what is the case when you get 5 first rounders and 4 more 2nd rounders in two years.

And Senyshyn and JFK weren't even there.

Plethora of young D playing different games and who could fill any of the top-6 roles.

Not all will ever play for the Bruins. Some may be traded for immediate help. But the Bruins have plenty of assets and Cap space to improve the team in the upcoming years.

I really like the making of this team. Last two years were devastating in the way they missed (1pt off each time) but also in the missed opportunities for assets (not trading the Yeti or Loui) as well as spending assets for nothing with Liles and Stempniak.

Overall, Bruins in excellent shape for the upcoming few years.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think that the signing of a guy like Backes might allow the B`s to allow JFK all the time he needs to continue his development. I was a bit concerned that they might try and push him along a bit before he was ready which always has me a bit concerned

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I think that the signing of a guy like Backes might allow the B`s to allow JFK all the time he needs to continue his development. I was a bit concerned that they might try and push him along a bit before he was ready which always has me a bit concerned

They also have a good relationship with Quinn at BU and don't want to poach guys early. He likely will play this year and sign with Boston.

BC just got bludgeoned and this is what took Wisconsin down when 5 guys jumped last summer

Backes is a high end Swiss Army knife to Boston.

He can play Center and wing well and take defensive zone draws and lighten the load on 46 & 37.

One reason I scoff that him and Loui are basically the same. In fantasy hockey and a fantasy world Loui would be the pick but for this system and personnel at center and RW he's a great fit. Skill, insurance, positional flexibility, leadership (I know the dinosaur crowd didn't exist crowd disputes this but what...evah) excellent signing and my first choice of that grouping of UFAs

JFK could use another year of maturity but getting to watch him and McAvoy play with the recent 5 first rounders is going to be sonething. Can't wait to see BU play especially in my backyard of Umass Lowell & Merrimack where it's a quick ride an unpluggedville

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour

They sure seem to be taking the approach that players will get to the show when they've earned it and they're ready, and not before.

This is as it should be and is fine by me, but I may be a little more patient than others.

I totally understand the frustration of some fans, and I sure miss Bruins playoff hockey, but I'm willing to be patient, because it does seem to me that they're taking the draft/develop approach, for the most part.

I hope ownership shows patience as well, because I think DS is building something good here.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
They also have a good relationship with Quinn at BU and don't want to poach guys early. He likely will play this year and sign with Boston.

BC just got bludgeoned and this is what took Wisconsin down when 5 guys jumped last summer

Yeah I think you see JFK and Mac sign with the Bs right after their season ends.

It'll be nice to have a legitmate center prospect who doesn't need years to develop his two way game.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Backes is a high end Swiss Army knife to Boston.

He can play Center and wing well and take defensive zone draws and lighten the load on 46 & 37.

One reason I scoff that him and Loui are basically the same. In fantasy hockey and a fantasy world Loui would be the pick but for this system and personnel at center and RW he's a great fit. Skill, insurance, positional flexibility, leadership (I know the dinosaur crowd didn't exist crowd disputes this but what...evah) excellent signing and my first choice of that grouping of UFAs

JFK could use another year of maturity but getting to watch him and McAvoy play with the recent 5 first rounders is going to be sonething. Can't wait to see BU play especially in my backyard of Umass Lowell & Merrimack where it's a quick ride an unpluggedville

Nice, thanks for the info and I`m jealous, love to see those two. Lucky enough to catch a few BU games late in the season with the Beanpot being televised down here, to watch a kid like JFK play such a mature 3 zone game at his age was a treat and while I tuned in to watch him and Grizz, Charlie boy sure can make one sit up and take notice while sitting on their couch.

Should be fun

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad