Post-Game Talk: Bruins’ development camp July 12-15 - Farewell Ristuccia Arena

ska8ter8808

Jul 3, 2006
Massachusetts
I think Girardi is excellent comp. and I think Lindgren has a higher upside

I got Heinen with 23 based that's -7

I can't tell if you are speaking tongue in cheek or not.

Girardi for a few years was a #1 d man and Jack Eichel scored 24 goals last year, I think Heinen should be the type of player who pots around 23 for multiple years in his prime, but I would not expect close to that in year 1.

Either you are just trying to get people riled up or I think your expectations need to tempered.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Girardi for a few years was a #1 d man and Jack Eichel scored 24 goals last year, I think Heinen should be the type of player who pots around 23 for multiple years in his prime, but I would not expect close to that in year 1.

Either you are just trying to get people riled up or I think your expectations need to tempered.

Dan Girardi was never a number 1 dman. Playing on the top pairing sure, perhaps the best of a bad bunch possibly, but at no point was he ever on the same playing field as true number 1 dmen in the game. At his best, he was a solid number 2, top pairing guy in the mold of a Seidenburg.

ska8ter8808

Jul 3, 2006
Massachusetts
Dan Girardi was never a number 1 dman. Playing on the top pairing sure, perhaps the best of a bad bunch possibly, but at no point was he ever on the same playing field as true number 1 dmen in the game. At his best, he was a solid number 2, top pairing guy in the mold of a Seidenburg.

Fair enough. So a higher upside Girardi is at minimum a high-end #2 or a low-end #1. Those are quite lofty of expectations.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Jack Eichel was 18 and being asked to carry a line on his own. Heinen is a couple years older. And if Heinen were to get the RW position on a line with Krejci, that is a very different scenario than Eichel was in.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Jack Eichel was 18 and being asked to carry a line on his own. Heinen is a couple years older. And if Heinen were to get the RW position on a line with Krejci, that is a very different scenario than Eichel was in.

Jack Eichel was a 6'2 201lbs franchise 2nd overall prospect who had 71 points in 40 NCAA games, for comparison Heinen had 48 in 41 last year.
Eichel had the chance to play with talent, had a sniper role on the pp and was logging high end 1st line minutes.

Eichel expectations just feel a bit too much.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Ken Hodge Jr and Dmitri Kavartalnov each scored 30 goals as a rookie - Juneau 32. It can't be that difficult, right?

Heinen based on an outstanding DC can get 23.

If you saw him in the 3 on 3 drills you'd be as giddy as I was and probably go higher. But until he gets his feet wet and Claude loosens the reins I'm going with 23.

The Loui comps are pretty accurate. It's not if Heinen will make us forget about Loui but when. I'm picking early March out of respect to Loui and being a conservative with Heinen's development

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Ken Hodge Jr and Dmitri Kavartalnov each scored 30 goals as a rookie - Juneau 32. It can't be that difficult, right?

If you saw him in the 3 on 3 drills you'd be as giddy as I was and probably go higher. But until he gets his feet wet and Claude loosens the reins I'm going with 23.

The Loui comps are pretty accurate. It's not if Heinen will make us forget about Loui but when. I'm picking early March out of respect to Loui and being a conservative with Heinen's development

If Danton Heinen scores 23 goals this season in the NHL I'll donate 100 dollars to the charity of your choice.

If he doesn't you need to agree, without any sarcasm, with everything I post for a month after the Bruins season ends.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If Danton Heinen scores 23 goals this season in the NHL I'll donate 100 dollars to the charity of your choice.

If he doesn't you need to agree, without any sarcasm, with everything I post for a month after the Bruins season ends.

How much posting you planning on doing ?

Actually I agree with most of your posts so it wouldn't be that difficult to do 10% or whatever it would be.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Odie;[B said:
120852961]https://www.flickr.com/photos/88298351@N03/sets/72157671262249905[/B]

Photos from camp. I was pretty impressed with Sherman (dude is huge), Heinen, Kuraly, Clarke, DeBrusk and Steen (had a few nice shots go in). Donato and Grzelcyk were good, too.

Don't know if this (above) is your Flickr account.

If so, do you have a list of players numbers? I think I can figure out which one Sherman is but....

If not, does anyone else have a list of players numbers that you can PM me or post please?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Right, if only it were the early 90's again.

Spoked-B

Nov 3, 2005
Southern NH

If so, do you have a list of players numbers? I think I can figure out which one Sherman is but....

If not, does anyone else have a list of players numbers that you can PM me or post please?

Thanks in advance!

When you mouse over each image, it tells you who the players are (left to right). From this picture, it appears Sherman was wearing #81.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
An interesting read. http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1460575&page=9

Development camp from 2013, when Brian Ferlin was knocking the socks off people and Anthony Camara was going to be a difference maker sooner than later.

You can go on every team's boards and read their development camp reports and it's the same. Optimism is good. But I've seen this show too many times to fall for it again.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Lol and Blaine Lacher, who was impressive as a rookie, had a save % of 902.

I miss those days.

I remember Blaine, he was absolutely fantastic out of the gate in 1995, too bad it last only about a month. Looked like an early Calder candidate.

Then this other future franchise goaltender named Jim Carey got hot and became all the rage.

Good times.

Odie

Mar 29, 2009
Boston

Thanks in advance!

I forgot to take a roster sheet (again), but this is pretty much it...

#50 DeBrusk
#51 Bjork
#53 Fitzgerald
#54 Becker
#55 Clarke
#56 Grzelcyk
#57 Frederic
#58 Gabrielle
#59 Heinen
#60 McIntyre
#61 Hughes
#62 Steen
#65 Kuraly
#67 McAvoy
#70 Vladar
#72 Donato
#75 Subban
#78 Lindgren
#79 Zboril
#80 Johansson
#81 Sherman
#82 Carlo
#85 Dhillon
#87 Lauzon
#88 Koppanen

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

fun wager/proposition:popcorn:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
An interesting read. http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1460575&page=9

Development camp from 2013, when Brian Ferlin was knocking the socks off people and Anthony Camara was going to be a difference maker sooner than later.

You can go on every team's boards and read their development camp reports and it's the same. Optimism is good. But I've seen this show too many times to fall for it again.

true however, what makes me optimistic is the prospect pool on D has me thinking, at the very least, at least 3 of these kids will be playing with the big boys, and playing significant roles within a few years and I`m all in having 3 cost controlled players on the big club, surround them with some experienced one`s

LucicIsABeast

Dec 7, 2008
Lville IL

I never post and I'll put 200 to the same charity. What's the worst that can happen, money goes to a good cause? This is win win if it's accomplished

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad