News Article: Bruce Garrioch is again stirring the Jets rumour pot.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Not a surprise. I don't see Hainsey as a Jet next season. He will make a killing in the UFA market and earn probably what he is earning right now. Jets won't pay him that much considering our defensive depth.

Rook37

Feb 22, 2013
Winnipeg
I'll need to see a Lynk before I believe it

uWi8Dg7.jpg

Is this good enough?

No, but seriously is this the article?

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
If I'd be Hainsey, I'd test the UFA market for sure. I'll be very very positively surprised if he does not and just re-signs with us. I think it's probably safe to say that he'll make at least one or two million more/year just by taking the best offer incoming instead of plainly signing what we offer in the first place.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
If I'd be Hainsey, I'd test the UFA market for sure. I'll be very very positively surprised if he does not and just re-signs with us. I think it's probably safe to say that he'll make at least one or two million more/year just by taking the best offer incoming instead of plainly signing what we offer in the first place.

Yup. He's just taking an educated guess as to what would happen. Hainsey may find a comparable deal to the one he had in Winnipeg, or he may get more. Who knows. Only the Negotiator knows for certain.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I would be more surprised if hainsey resigned with the jets as opposed to going UFA

If I advised Ron I would tell him he would be nuts to not go UFA.....only so many years to make your bread.

Tim Stapleton will make the equivalent of $7.0 million US over 2 years to continue in the KHL ($2 million per season tax free) and how can he turn it down? 95% chance he could plY in the NHL next year but it would be for less than $800,000. This contract sets Tim up for life if he stays smart with his money.

Same with Ron but in a different way this is business and he should go out and take advantage of what he has earnedin a very lean market.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
This is like saying the ocean is wet lol......I have said all along it was Chevy's first real mistake not taking a 2nd round pick for Hainsey

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
This is like saying the ocean is wet lol......I have said all along it was Chevy's first real mistake not taking a 2nd round pick for Hainsey

I disagree but we are all entitled to our opinions. Being sellers at this trade deadline would have sent the wrong message.....we are in a playoff race and we rented Hainsey for the run.......I agree with this move.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Seeing as he isn't signed yet, I'd say this is a no brainer. Chevy has about 12 guys he'll be focused on before Hainsey. I really doubt that they are even offering a contract.

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
Being a man of the world, I would also bet that an unrestricted free agent Ron would test the free agent market.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
He'll resign. If they didnt think he would, they'd of traded him.

Not really. The Jets weighed their options and decided to keep him. Perhaps they are quite prepared to let him walk.
1. Chevy couldnt get a #2 pick for him
2. Jets would rather see him walk and make the playoffs. This would give many of the Jets much neded playoff experience.
3. It has been mentioned that the Jets would make 4 million per home playoff game. This may be more than enough compensation to let Ron walk.

When Chevy couldn't get what he wanted options#2 and #3 looked pretty good. I would be very surprised if Ron resigned withthe Jets. He has little chance at a Cup here and it isdoubtful we are going to overpay for him. What does come into play is the lowered salary cap and how that plays out.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Not really. The Jets weighed their options and decided to keep him. Perhaps they are quite prepared to let him walk.
1. Chevy couldnt get a #2 pick for him
2. Jets would rather see him walk and make the playoffs. This would give many of the Jets much neded playoff experience.
3. It has been mentioned that the Jets would make 4 million per home playoff game. This may be more than enough compensation to let Ron walk.

When Chevy couldn't get what he wanted options#2 and #3 looked pretty good. I would be very surprised if Ron resigned withthe Jets. He has little chance at a Cup here and it isdoubtful we are going to overpay for him. What does come into play is the lowered salary cap and how that plays out.
Agree with all the above except for the bolded. I suspect the price for Hainsey was a low #1 and Chevy wasn't prepared to sacrifice playoff chances for anything less. It was a reasonable calculation and may still pan out.
Some on this board really under-value Hainsey's talent because he's not likeable. In that sense, he is the opposite of Stuart, whose skill is over-valued because of his character.
The Jets will recover from Hainsey's loss. For what it would have taken to resign him--well above what he is making this year, I suspect -- they have a lot of options in the off-season, with UFA and teams looking to unload contracts.
In the end, this team needs to be moulded of players with both talent and passion, including a passion to play here. Hainsey didn't fit the mould.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad