Brown or Getzlaf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gars59

Jan 16, 2005
Trois-Rivières
Getzlaf have play ten game in playoff in ahl :sarcasm:

imo
perezhogin,getzlaf,carter,brown are all great prospect and we will see in ten years who is the best ! ;)

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
gars59 said:
Getzlaf have play ten game in playoff in ahl :sarcasm:

Let's see what he can do over the course of an entire season rather than 10 playoff games in which 1 goal was scored.

perezhogin,getzlaf,carter,brown are all great prospect and we will see in ten years who is the best ! ;)

Ten years? They'll be in their early 30s by then. I don't think we'll have to wait ten years to assess their development.

10 ft. pole

May 19, 2003
Colorado
Visit site
McDonald19 said:
Might be the other way around. Getzlaf likes to drop the gloves, haven't seen that from Brown too much.

Than you never saw DB play in Guelph. Time will tell though. I am sure we will see the two of them mix it up this season head to head. I would love to see Dustin announce his presence as Deader's successor by pounding that fowl little ***** into the ****ing boards. Yeah thats right, I'm cussing in the house. This is a rivalry *****es and the Kings are going to beat the living **** out of Anaheim this year.

GO KINGS ITS HOCKEY SEASON DAMN'IT BOYS!

gars59

Jan 16, 2005
Trois-Rivières
Ziggy Stardust said:
Let's see what he can do over the course of an entire season rather than 10 playoff games in which 1 goal was scored.

Ten years? They'll be in their early 30s by then. I don't think we'll have to wait ten years to assess their development.

yes but to know who have the best carreer :teach:

Randall Graves*

no name said:
I love the dialogue in this thread. It apears that each team underrates the other teams prospect. Unbiased opinions on the board seem to be torn on this. Perhaps it is a draw?
I'll put it like this.

I think Getzlaf has a little more potential, but I choose Brown because I think he's more likely to reach his. I think they are both relatively even, even though people from both sides are downplaying the other.

David A. Rainer

Jun 10, 2002
Huntington Beach
profile.myspace.com
Duck Fan said:
This was by far the most intelligent thread of all posted.

I have never seen Getzlaf either and am unable to comment.

There was a comment by David Rainer in a prior post that amused me. I believe he said that Getzlaf had a problem scoring into an open net.

I seem to recall that Brown had trouble scoring and had only one goal last year.

The point is meaningless as who each of you thinks is better. Time will tell.
I saw Getzlaf play about a 5-6 game stretch where from everywhere on the ice, excellent and easy scoring opportunities were presenting themselves and Getzlaf did nothing but find the goalie's chest. Everyone was talking about him having troubles putting the puck past the better goaltenders. As I said in the post, I don't know if I caught him in a stretch of bad luck or what, just an observation. Let's see what he can do at the higher levels. Brown ony scored one goal in the NHL at age 18-19. But look at his production in the AHL as a 19-20 year-old.

David A. Rainer

Jun 10, 2002
Huntington Beach
profile.myspace.com
McDonald19 said:
Might be the other way around. Getzlaf likes to drop the gloves, haven't seen that from Brown too much.
Brown will likely never be known for dropping the gloves. But when it comes to taking and giving physically pounding every shift, game in and game out, Brown is second to none. He gets down and dirty with the best of them and loves every second of it. That's what makes Brown a gritty player. Maybe I have a different definition from everyone else because I don't think that being a fighter (someone who is constantly dropping the gloves) necessarily makes a player gritty or vice versa.

When all is said and done, I don't think you can go wrong with either player. Both are tremendous prospects. Right now, I think Brown is a more known quantity but Getzlaf will come around in time.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
David A. Rainer said:
Brown will likely never be known for dropping the gloves.
And maybe that's not a bad thing. The last thing we need is for the heir apparent to Deadmarsh to follow in his footsteps and pick a fight with Jovanovski :amazed:

DBrown23*

10 ft. pole said:
Than you never saw DB play in Guelph. Time will tell though. I am sure we will see the two of them mix it up this season head to head. I would love to see Dustin announce his presence as Deader's successor by pounding that fowl little ***** into the ****ing boards. Yeah thats right, I'm cussing in the house. This is a rivalry *****es and the Kings are going to beat the living **** out of Anaheim this year.

GO KINGS ITS HOCKEY SEASON DAMN'IT BOYS!
i think i lvoe you

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
I dont think Brown has ever dropped the gloves correct me if im wrong? And Brown more like Ryan Smyth then Deadmarsh. Getzlaf is more like a prime Jason Allison.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Dirk316 said:
I dont think Brown has ever dropped the gloves correct me if im wrong? And Brown more like Ryan Smyth then Deadmarsh. Getzlaf is more like a prime Jason Allison.

Now thats a good one. getlzaf a prime jason allison? if that happens then good for you guys. He could turn into the next chris gratton though. How exactly is brown more like smyth, Smyth isnt a physical player like brown or deadmarsh

Old Hickory

Stick to the topic and don't make generaliztions about fans of other teams.
This is the only warning or this thread will be closed and warnings will be issued if this continues.

The Gabe Blade

Jul 9, 2004
until both players play a full season at a more mature age everything is pure speculation.

with that in mind, I believe that Dustin Brown has the maturity and the ability to become a top line player as well as the better of the two.

Spankatola Jamnuts*

What I've seen of Brown hasn't been that impressive. I never saw him play in the minors or in juniors, but what I saw in LA marks him as timid and stonehanded. Maybe he is a great physical force and sniper waiting to break free, but he's shown nothing of the sort so far in the big leagues.

I haven't seen Getzlaf at all, but up until this thread I had really only heard good things about him, excepting his attitude.

DBrown23*

Chock Full Of Booger said:
What I've seen of Brown hasn't been that impressive. I never saw him play in the minors or in juniors, but what I saw in LA marks him as timid and stonehanded. Maybe he is a great physical force and sniper waiting to break free, but he's shown nothing of the sort so far in the big leagues.

I haven't seen Getzlaf at all, but up until this thread I had really only heard good things about him, excepting his attitude.

you had your head turned when he stood up visneski didn't you?

Spankatola Jamnuts*

DBrown23 said:
you had your head turned when he stood up visneski didn't you?
I could stand up Vishnevski. Not that great of an accomplishment.

DBrown23*

I could stand up Vishnevski. Not that great of an accomplishment.
especially when you have other ducks fans saying he is one of the grittiest and biggest hitters on your team.. gg ducks fans have no clue what they are thinking about good luck with goldberg in net.. i mean jiggy

danaluvsthekings

May 1, 2004

Brown was also 18 years old playing on the 4th line on a team with the most injuries in the history of the NHL. That's not exactly a situation where Brown was going to shine. Brown also played through some injuries. Brown was picked that year to play for team USA at the World Championships and he's going to the Olympic camp this week. They're obviously high on him. If you look at his stats from Manchester last year where he was getting a lot of ice time he had 29 goals, 74 points, and 96 PIMs. That's not someone that's either timid or stonehanded.

I havn't seen Getzlaf play so I can't say who's better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad