Brown or Getzlaf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

espo*

Have never seen Brown enough.I will say that if Brown has more ability then Getzlaf we are probably looking at a future star.I've seen Getzlaf way more and what i've seen i sure like.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
This is going to turn into another Kings - Ducks fight that being said i think both prospects are highly undervalued or thought of by the other team. Being a Kings fan i'm biased yet have seen both play and will say Brown. Now reasoning for this Getzlaf may become the little better player within points. Brown plays with more heart then anyone though. Greatest comparison i've hear for him is Deadmarsh which i greatly agree upon. That being said i think most everyone would want a Deadmarsh 1st line power foward leader ideal picture of a hockey player rather then a skillfull first center dont know any comparison for Getzlaf.

espo*

AnThGrt said:
This is going to turn into another Kings - Ducks fight that being said i think both prospects are highly undervalued or thought of by the other team. Being a Kings fan i'm biased yet have seen both play and will say Brown. Now reasoning for this Getzlaf may become the little better player within points. Brown plays with more heart then anyone though. Greatest comparison i've hear for him is Deadmarsh which i greatly agree upon. That being said i think most everyone would want a Deadmarsh 1st line power foward leader ideal picture of a hockey player rather then a skillfull first center dont know any comparison for Getzlaf.
I agree that is what Brown could have over him,i've seen Getzlaf be a little lazy at time.He may work that out with some maturity though.

David A. Rainer

Jun 10, 2002
Huntington Beach
profile.myspace.com
We'll have to monitor this thread very closely as it might end up getting ugly real quick.

I think both prospects are about equal in value - extremely close. Getzlaf might put up slightly more points but Brown will be a more gritty player. Pretty equal, could go either way.

In the handful of times I've seen Getzlaf, he had a hard time finding the back of the net from wide-open and easy scoring spots. But I may have just caught him on bad nights.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
Bobby Ryan Getzlaf said:
I think Brown may score more points, but I think Getzlaf won't be far behind. I do think, though, that Getzlaf will be the better all-around player, so I'll take him.
I think you mixing them up lol

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
AnThGrt said:
I think you mixing them up lol

I was about to say the same to you. Getzlaf IMO is better defensively and tougher(as well as meaner, too). People will say Getzlaf was lazy, but I think he might've had a case of Ilya Bryzgalov syndrome(yeah, they're both Ducks prospect, but I'd say Ilya is the best example of this), where he was mad that he wasn't in the NHL, and his play slipped. Getzlaf arguably should've made the 03-04 squad, so he didn't seem too happy to be stuck in junior in 04-05.

JiriHrdina

Jul 8, 2005
Bobby Ryan Getzlaf said:
I was about to say the same to you. Getzlaf IMO is better defensively and tougher(as well as meaner, too). People will say Getzlaf was lazy, but I think he might've had a case of Ilya Bryzgalov syndrome(yeah, they're both Ducks prospect, but I'd say Ilya is the best example of this), where he was mad that he wasn't in the NHL, and his play slipped. Getzlaf arguably should've made the 03-04 squad, so he didn't seem too happy to be stuck in junior in 04-05.

I don't think you can attribute Getzlaf's lazy play to him beng dissapointed to be in junior as it was something that was a problem with him throughout his junior career in Calgary. Living in Calgary I saw Getzlaf play a lot and he is the type of player that drives you a bit crazy. His two biggest problems are his inconsistent effort and tendancy to take DUMB penalties that cost his team.

That being said, he has got the size and skill to be a top player. I'm not a huge fan of his for the reasons mentioned above, but I won't deny he's got tremendous upside. If he can mature in the next few years it will go a long way to helping him as a hockey player. Frankly I think the worst thing for his development would be for him to make the NHL this season. He needs to grow up in the minors for at least 1 season.

I haven't seen Brown as much so I won't offer an opinion on who is better. Just wanted to share my thoughts on Getzlaf.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
Bobby Ryan Getzlaf said:
I wholeheartedly disagree. Your statement is contrary to what most scouts say about Getzlaf. From what I understand he is a floater and takes defensive plays off. Brown is a non stop grinding, intimidating, pound you in the boards, knock you over player on both ends of the ice.

P Jiddy

Jun 26, 2002
Visit site
I would take Brown without thinking twice. Don't get me wrong I like Getzlaf intangables but I think when it comes down to it that Brown will come out on top. Thats my .2$!

Last edited:

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
Here all i'll say is look at his name "Bobby Ryan Getzlaf" has Getzlaf name it obviously he will praise him. That being said he is a Ducks fan and ofcourse an excuse will be made for how he played though mentioned above Getzlaf has been like this all of his career. With that saying Getzlaf is the physical one is a complete joke he is underrated in that aspect but better then Brown is a joke. Ask any scout or read anything and you'll see you are the one mixed up - No disrespect towards you respect most things you say this is just retarted comment though

jaffner87

Aug 9, 2005
Calgary
I haven't seen Brown play, but I have seen Getzlaf play a number of times.

He has a lot of talent, and puts up the points. He also is not afraid to drop the gloves. He plays with alot of grit and speed. However, as I believe someone mentioned, he did have issues this year with attitude. In fact, for a short period of time, his captaincy was stripped from him until he got it together. I do believe, though, that as he will mature out of this.

McSorley 33

Feb 9, 2005
Yorba Linda, Ca
no name said:
I wholeheartedly disagree. Your statement is contrary to what most scouts say about Getzlaf. From what I understand he is a floater and takes defensive plays off. Brown is a non stop grinding, intimidating, pound you in the boards, knock you over player on both ends of the ice.

I LOVE THE WAY YOU EXPRESS THAT. IT'S LIKE MUSIC TO MY EARS!

:kings

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Brown:
Assets Already possesses an all-around game. Has excellent goal-scoring potential and a feel for lighting the lamp.
Flaws Needs to add more strength and stamina. Must continue to make adjustments in order to become a great pro.
Career potential Top six winger.

getzlaf
Assets Is not afraid to play a physical brand of hockey. His offensive acumen is greatly improving and still has room to grow. Plays a well-rounded game.
Flaws Still has plenty of developing to do, especially in terms of his physical stature. May not produce enough to earn top-line status in the NHL.
Career potential Second line center.

both seam to have potential top 6 in there cards, ill take brown tho, i just seam higher on him then getzlaf

ukyo

Mar 2, 2003
Silicon Valley
Visit site
I've watched both play and I will take Brown just because I feel like I know what I will get from Brown every night: full effort from a goal scorer that isn't afraid of physical play. I have not seen Brown ever dominate a game, but that may be because of the other players on his team (never saw him play for Guelph).

With Getzlaf, it is kind of hard to tell how he will play any given night. He will completely dominate one game and not show up another. The thing that really bothers me is that I have seen him do some seriously STUPID stuff, like take a late penalty with a one-goal lead or push a play even though he should really fall back and make the safe play. If this were a rare occurrence, then I wouldn't worry, but I've seen it happen literally every other game I've seen him play. On the nights that he dominates, hands down I will take Getzlaf. However, I would not be comfortable taking him for a season considering the nights that he doesn't.

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
I think Brown is the easy choice to be the better player this year. He has almost 2 more years of pro experience under his belt and also performed slightly better than Getzlaf every year in Juniors.

They should both end up being good 2nd liners though.

DBrown23*

i wonder if this is gonna be another Frolov chistov match...oo yea kings came out on top on that... or don't you remember?

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I have a bad feeling this thread is going to get uglier than Carter's dreads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad