Value of: Brock Nelson

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
While personally I dislike the player, he's pretty much scored 20 goals for 4 straight years. That's got some value with his youth.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Considering how inconsistent Nelson is, it would have to be a middle pairing defenseman who also shares that sort of attribute. The kind of guy who when he's "on" he looks like a legit top four guy, but has bouts of being "off" where he looks more like a fringe #6.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Could the Islanders get a middle pairing LHD for him?

I personally would be willing to trade him for a legit 3rd line center as well. I personally hate playing him at Center and using him on the third line as a center is a waste. He should be a top 6 LW to get maximum performance out of him

Most of his best play in recent memory has been at the world Championships playing flank to Eichel, Larkin and Smith(Nash)

Reactions: IODCPiper and 12Dog

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
His QO is $3.5M. Are the Isles even going to qualify him, if they have to shell out for Tavares?

If not, then he's a UFA and everyone can just bid on him.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
His QO is $3.5M. Are the Isles even going to qualify him, if they have to shell out for Tavares?

I am guessing they will qualify him. I wouldn't be surprised if he just accepts the qualifying offer and takes his chances next year as a UFA

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

Isles have quite a bit of $ coming off the books. Imo they will qualify him

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Is Nelson better suited as a winger or a center? I think the Canucks could have some interest depending on price as I believe they'd like to bring Pettersson into the line-up as a winger so acquiring a stop-gap 2nd line center will likely be a priority.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Is Nelson better suited as a winger or a center? I think the Canucks could have some interest depending on price as I believe they'd like to bring Pettersson into the line-up as a winger so acquiring a stop-gap 2nd line center will likely be a priority.

100% winger. I hate the fact we constantly use him at center when he would be better served playing with centers who can feed him the puck(especially ones who can draw attention to themselves who open up the ice)

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
100% winger. I hate the fact we constantly use him at center when he would be better served playing with centers who can feed him the puck(especially ones who can draw attention to themselves who open up the ice)

Ok in that case might not be the ideal situation in Vancouver although we could certainly use wingers as well. Personally I'd be open to a deal involving Ben Hutton, but not much more.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Ok in that case might not be the ideal situation in Vancouver although we could certainly use wingers as well. Personally I'd be open to a deal involving Ben Hutton, but not much more.

Like the Davidson addition... pretty meh
Not moving the needle so no thanks

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Considering how inconsistent Nelson is, it would have to be a middle pairing defenseman who also shares that sort of attribute. The kind of guy who when he's "on" he looks like a legit top four guy, but has bouts of being "off" where he looks more like a fringe #6.

I proposed Ben Hutton for Nelson a few times.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Isles should trade for Hutton and re-sign Hickey just so Butch will mangle that pairing up regularly.

"Hickon and Huttey are lookin' good tonight. Don't know if I can say the same about Pulech and Pelock".

Doesn’t take butch too much to get tongue tied. Just a bottle of jack pregame and all those hits he took in the 70’s and 80’s

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad