WWE: Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Samoa Joe is like the best all-round talent in the WWE these days imo.

Joe is awesome now. I liked him in TNA in 2006 when it seemed like he was being groomed to be their top guy. But then he started cutting bad promos all the time and I stopped liking him and stopped watching TNA altogether. But he has improved so much since then.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
So because Joe was in TNA, he's bad?

makes even less sense with his love for AJ Styles.

I'd go as far as to say they dont have a single big man that can out work, or out talk Joe. Regardless of size, Joe is top 3 in either category on the roster

agree with the poster that said a face Rollins run works...especially if you match him with Joe, or pipe dream a heel Roman

Reactions: Hypernova

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
makes even less sense with his love for AJ Styles.

I'd go as far as to say they dont have a single big man that can out work, or out talk Joe. Regardless of size, Joe is top 3 in either category on the roster

agree with the poster that said a face Rollins run works...especially if you match him with Joe, or pipe dream a heel Roman
And Joe is legit. He’s full-time, he looks like a killer, he’s awesome in the ring, he’s awesome on the mic, his cadence and delivery is so unique and different that he stands out and it feels real and he brings the intensity that is unmatched by anyone except for Lesnar when Lesnar cares (which he did when he was working with Joe).

He’s so money.

Reactions: Hypernova

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I'd be so down if Lesnar retained at GRR then Joe beat Reigns at Backlash then at SS Joe chokes out Lesnar and wins the title.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'd be so down if Lesnar retained at GRR then Joe beat Reigns at Backlash then at SS Joe chokes out Lesnar and wins the title.
Honestly, if I were booking this post-Lesnar win at WM:

Heyman and Lesnar promo to close Raw. Disrespect the WWE, Universal Title, all the talent, etc., as they say their goodbyes for the year as Lesnar leaves for the UFC having conquered everyone in the locker room and no one being worthy or good enough to step up and defeat him.

Cue Samoa Joe. Joe said he promised he would choke out Lesnar last year, and he's here to do it now for the Universal Title. He goads Lesnar into putting the title on the line right there, Joe catches him and chokes him out to win the Universal Title to close Raw.

Joe has a run with the title, he can drop it at some point during the year, but he regains it to set up Lesnar vs. Joe III at Wrestlemania 35 in Lesnar's final match with the company as part of the extension clause.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Listening to WOR, deal was agreed to last Monday and signed on Sunday. He has not put his name in the testing pool yet, so he can’t fight for at least 6 months until after that happens.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
When Curtis Axel is main eventing on Raw the night after Wrestlemania, I don't think the title is being held up by Brock. AJ has his so I'm happy, the rest... meh. Another Seth run, no thanks, Reigns and his stupid punches, nope, Finn? don't care, Samoa Joe... is this TNA?

So you like AJ but hate Joe because he came from TNA, do you know where AJ spent over a decade?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
AJ didn't get credit until he left TNA for ROH/NJPW. Mostly because TNA spent said decade misusing him/casting him aside for washed out WWE stars sans Angle.

He finally realized he was worth more to someone else and his star skyrocketed into the heavens.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
AJ Styles out of TNA was offered $40k by WWE who didn't even want him.

AJ Styles out of NJPW was offered a big, big contract and became a top star within months of entering the WWE.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So, I've been a bit confused with some of the things I heard. Is Brock's deal only for the Greatest Royal Rumble? I thought when they talked about 'one match and then we'll see' that they were talking about UFC, but I think it might be for WWE.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
So, I've been a bit confused with some of the things I heard. Is Brock's deal only for the Greatest Royal Rumble? I thought when they talked about 'one match and then we'll see' that they were talking about UFC, but I think it might be for WWE.
I mean... I read the contract isn't the "extension clause" that would take him to Summerslam, so I wouldn't be surprised if the contract is for one more match in Saudi Arabia and then he's gone.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I mean... I read the contract isn't the "extension clause" that would take him to Summerslam, so I wouldn't be surprised if the contract is for one more match in Saudi Arabia and then he's gone.
It definitely isn't the extension clause, this is a new contract. But he has to re-enter the testing pool and then wait 6 months before he can fight in UFC again. Is he just going to sit it out when he does that? I mean, he probably can, but he doesn't have to. It was also a raise in rate. Maybe he's just going to re-negotiate for each match, which is not only going to pay him a lot, but he also has leverage with creative. Fairly dangerous game to play since you have to have a new deal done or you book yourself into a corner.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It definitely isn't the extension clause, this is a new contract. But he has to re-enter the testing pool and then wait 6 months before he can fight in UFC again. Is he just going to sit it out when he does that? I mean, he probably can, but he doesn't have to. It was also a raise in rate. Maybe he's just going to re-negotiate for each match, which is not only going to pay him a lot, but he also has leverage with creative. Fairly dangerous game to play since you have to have a new deal done or you book yourself into a corner.
If he wants to fight at the end of year show in December, I'd say GRR is definitely his last match for a little while.

He half-assed his Ambrose match because he was all-in on training for his UFC 200 fight. I doubt he'll interrupt training again to wrestle. I'd bet he's going to get paid BIG for this final match though and then wrestle again at Wrestlemania 35.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad