WWE: Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
On the note of the Lesnar renewal, while it was reported to be a multi-year deal, Jeremy Botter claims that it's just a two-appearance deal (one TV, one more match). It's likely we'll see him more than two appearances, but after the Greatest Royal Rumble he's focusing solely on UFC and targeting the end of year fight card.

Some in the locker room don't even believe Lesnar signed a new contract and that he's simply working through the extension clause.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
But on the other end of the spectrum, the Smackdown on the day Bryan got cleared had their highest rating and viewership numbers in 11 years.
What? They didn’t even crack 3 million. It wasn’t even their highest number of the year.

Reactions: CPTN71

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
The fans booed the entire match Sunday because they’d resigned themselves to a Reigns win. They were getting infuriated with every kick out because they saw it as building the ultimate AGAINST ALL ODDS moment. The Lesnar win was unexpected so I think there was as much confusion and stunned silence as when Taker lost to Lesnar, just not in the same emotional vein.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
The fans booed the entire match Sunday because they’d resigned themselves to a Reigns win. They were getting infuriated with every kick out because they saw it as building the ultimate AGAINST ALL ODDS moment. The Lesnar win was unexpected so I think there was as much confusion and stunned silence as when Taker lost to Lesnar, just not in the same emotional vein.
They were more interested in the beach balls that were all over the place. Ball vs security was a the more interesting match.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
What? They didn’t even crack 3 million. It wasn’t even their highest number of the year.

WWE 'SmackDown Live' Ratings: Daniel Bryan's In-Ring Return Scores

Tuesday’s installment of USA Network’s “SmackDown Live” drew the program’s highest ratings since last April, thanks to the return to action for fan-favorite Daniel Bryan.

The “Raw” sister show had 2.888 million total viewers tune in to watch Bryan open the show with the announcement that WWE had cleared him to wrestle again. The 8-10 p.m. telecast marked the best viewership for the program since the second installment that aired after “WrestleMania 33” last April.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It wasn’t the highest number over the last year then. It’s not 11 years and still didn’t crack 3 million. That was actually a disappointment.
Wow I was very confused at what we were arguing about. That was supposed to be 11 months lmfao. I just caught that.

I think I’m becoming R-Truth.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It wasn’t the highest number over the last year then. It’s not 11 years and still didn’t crack 3 million. That was actually a disappointment.

It's not really a disappointment given the context of it. They didn't exactly have a lengthy amount of time between him getting cleared and that show.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It's not really a disappointment given the context of it. They didn't exactly have a lengthy amount of time between him getting cleared and that show.
But they rely on their social media to create that buzz

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
But they rely on their social media to create that buzz

When you're trying to pop a bigger number, social media buzz on that day is only going to do so much. They needed longer to promote something like that to get a huge number. It wasn't going to happen with that kind of turnaround and it did exceedingly well under the circumstances because it was mainstream news to an extent and that alone should tell people how popular Bryan actually is and was.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

Pretty much sums it up. After 7 hours or wrestling fans were treated to a main even they didn't want to see where 99% of people thought they knew the ending which was Reigns on his ass 99% of the match and the superman punch spear win. That is what 3 wM's with that crap. Fans were fed up and didn't want to see it. I don't blame them I tuned out to. Only thing that got me back interested is that Brock actually won.

Whatever Brock's status is, I am sure Vince is already booking WM 35 for Brock/Reigns part 4 where Reigns FINALLY gets the crowd behind him LOL.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
How many years has it been since Brock broke the streak? Four?

All this time and they haven’t let one person go over him that is a full timer. Not one. And they sent Roman in twice just to get cold feet and pull back.

If they just stopped with this Roman nonsense they could have put the rub on someone people like and found new ways to use Brock or just let him f*** off to UFC.

They are so stupid.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
My thought was always that it should have been Wyatt who got the Lesnar rub imo. Never even do Wyatt vs. Taker, just build up Wyatt as a killer -- beats Bryan, The Shield, Roman, Cena, HHH as his notable opponents building up to Wyatt vs. Lesnar for the title and Wyatt winning. He would have been a star, Lesnar wouldn't have been hurt losing to someone who picked up wins over Bryan, The Shield, Roman, Cena and HHH (and more) in that time frame.

Wyatt can work, he can talk, the fans were behind him before his booking got derailed.

Reactions: Paris in Flames

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Those against this do not understand business , you don't let go of your top male star
Then why don't they ever use him? I'm curious what the total count in the past year was for PPVs and Raws that he has been on. I'm sure I can count the amount of matches he has actually been in with 1 hand.

Besides, we're fans, we're not in the business. We're voicing what we want. Because we don't like what a business does doesn't mean people don't understand business. It's like when Amazon raised their minimum price for free shipping. People didn't like it, it doesn't mean they don't understand business...

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Then why don't they ever use him? I'm curious what the total count in the past year was for PPVs and Raws that he has been on. I'm sure I can count the amount of matches he has actually been in with 1 hand.

Besides, we're fans, we're not in the business. We're voicing what we want. Because we don't like what a business does doesn't mean people don't understand business. It's like when Amazon raised their minimum price for free shipping. People didn't like it, it doesn't mean they don't understand business...

They don't use him more because they contract that they signed him to probably doesn't allow it.

If you sign me to contract for 25 dates, you can't just decide you want me for 50 dates

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
What's the point of signing him if you're only signing for a very limited amount of dates though? If he's such a big star, why do people constantly go to all the shows despite Lesnar not being at the majority of events?

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
It has to be Braun to get the title within the next month, right? They can't just move Bryan and let him beat Lesnar. Roman won't go over with anybody.
Lesnar won't be there enough to Warrant having the title gone for 3-4 months.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
It has to be Braun to get the title within the next month, right? They can't just move Bryan and let him beat Lesnar. Roman won't go over with anybody.
Lesnar won't be there enough to Warrant having the title gone for 3-4 months.
if you read the thread, its believed Brock is only signed for one more match and that match has been announced already....

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
if you read the thread, its believed Brock is only signed for one more match and that match has been announced already....
yeah, I just don't think everything that leaks is true. I expect him to drop the title to Roman that we finally get this shit of a run to Brock leave for UFC Training and program. After that he'll return right around RR and for WM. Money makes Brock happy and Vince will give him Money.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
When Curtis Axel is main eventing on Raw the night after Wrestlemania, I don't think the title is being held up by Brock. AJ has his so I'm happy, the rest... meh. Another Seth run, no thanks, Reigns and his stupid punches, nope, Finn? don't care, Samoa Joe... is this TNA?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad