Brock Lesnar informed of potential anti-doping violation

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Even further, it might explain why Dana White was so nonsensically pissed about Ariel Helwani breaking the story that Brock was fighting on the UFC 200 card. They didn't want him tested until it was too late to pull him from the card. The clock started as soon as Helwani let the cat out of the bag.

No, they were planning on releasing that information later that night anyway. PPV promo was already loaded up.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
And he was right? If I lose to a cheater I'm going to be pissed off too. Apparently you'd just suck it up?

"I don't think it's a great move. I think he's juiced to the gills — and I still think I'm going to knock him out. So I don't think that's correct."

This was Hunt prior to the fight. But now that he lost, he's pissing and moaning. So yeah, I do expect him to suck it up. He went in saying he thought Lesnar was juicing. How can he express outrage when he did media saying he thought the guy was dirty and that it didn't matter?

Full article where the quote was taken from:
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/7/15/12204428/mark-hunt-not-surprised-brock-lesnar-failed-drug-test

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
A diuretic wouldn't be terrible for him if he did do something he wasn't supposed to. It's still cheating and he'll likely get suspended for two years but at least his reputation wouldn't take a big hit. He probably wouldn't care either way because of all the money he has made but testing positive for an actual PED would put everything he has done into question.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
This was Hunt prior to the fight. But now that he lost, he's pissing and moaning. So yeah, I do expect him to suck it up. He went in saying he thought Lesnar was juicing. How can he express outrage when he did media saying he thought the guy was dirty and that it didn't matter?

Full article where the quote was taken from:
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/7/15/12204428/mark-hunt-not-surprised-brock-lesnar-failed-drug-test

Of course he was going to say it didn't matter pre-fight. Do you think he was going to come out and say well Brock is juicing, so I might lose because of that? but hey buy the fight. Hunt couldn't go into this fight with the mentality of well I might lose because the guy is doping, he had to go into the fight with the mentality of I'm going to knock this punk out regardless.

It's just the norm for fighters to go in confident, hell it's not just in combat sports, sports in general is full of guys who need to have that confidence to excel. But even more so in combat sports where part of the job is "selling" the fight.

The UFC made every assurance to Hunt that Brock would be clean. He doubted Brock's legitimacy just like thousands of others in the world. He took the fight anyway. Why hold that against him?

Hunt did absolutely nothing wrong here and if Brock has then it's absolute ******** for Hunt who will have been proven right all along.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
The simplest solution is Jones and Lesnar fight to the death.

Can't believe this now is having repercussions in WWE....yes like the integrity of that charade hinges on their performers being clean

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA

Can't believe this now is having repercussions in WWE....yes like the integrity of that charade hinges on their performers being clean

Haha.....that is funny.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Haha.....that is funny.

It's been a PR/liability thing for the WWE, trying to pay lip service after numerous deaths in the wrestling world (relating directly to drug abuse, or indirectly through mental health issues possibly stemming from head injuries and/or long-term abuse of substances affecting brain/body chemistry etc).

Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Exactly. I thought they had mandatory PED's in use at all times for Vinny Mac's goon squad. Like if you're clean, you're letting the rest of the organization down or something...

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Exactly. I thought they had mandatory PED's in use at all times for Vinny Mac's goon squad. Like if you're clean, you're letting the rest of the organization down or something...

What an old and outdated line of thinking.

If you look at the types of guys that feature prominently now, your Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, AJ Styles type guys, you'll see how times have changed.

There's still some jacked dudes no doubt, but the days where you were pumping the Lex Lugers of the world full of drugs to showcase them is gone.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

If you look at the types of guys that feature prominently now, your Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, AJ Styles type guys, you'll see how times have changed.

There's still some jacked dudes no doubt, but the days where you were pumping the Lex Lugers of the world full of drugs to showcase them is gone.

It was a joke. I think you need to lighten up a bit if life is so serious to you...:laugh:

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC

All to the dismay of Triple H. :sarcasm:

Besides, they'll be moving away from that again too as the Rollins, Ambrose, Styles etc will probably end up in the revamped Cruiserweight division. That way guys like Triple H, Cena and Orton can stay in the jacked-up, bodybuilding physique limelight.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
It's been a PR/liability thing for the WWE, trying to pay lip service after numerous deaths in the wrestling world (relating directly to drug abuse, or indirectly through mental health issues possibly stemming from head injuries and/or long-term abuse of substances affecting brain/body chemistry etc).

They worry about it, but also about things like...
ShootingstarpressbyBrockLesnarWWEWr.gif

But the wellness testing in WWE has always been halfassed, with some guys getting a pass.

Scott Steiner back in 2002 was hilarious. The WWE informed him he was needed for testing, and he responded with "Sure, have HHH pick me up in a limo and we can go test together".

They didn't end up testing him, or ever ask him again haha. but they also buried him quickly after that.

But the wellness policy is for political reasons, not truly the wellbeing of their workers.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Failed the fight night test too......

“The UFC organization was notified today that the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) has informed Brock Lesnar that his in-competition sample collection from July 9, 2016, at UFC 200, has tested positive for the same substance as his previously announced out-of-competition collection on June 28, 2016.

“USADA, the independent administrator of the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, will handle the results management and appropriate adjudication of this case. It is important to note that, under the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, there is a full fair legal review process that is afforded to all athletes before any sanctions are imposed. The Nevada State Athletic Commission also retains jurisdiction over this matter as the sample collection was performed at UFC 200 in Las Vegas.

“Consistent with all previous potential anti-doping violations, additional information will be provided at the appropriate time as the process moves forward."

http://www.ufc.com/news/UFC-Statement-on-Brock-Lesnar-071916

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Both Brock and Jones taking the same supplement which may have been tainted or........?

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Conspiracy!

Let them fight!

Unless Jones is fighting DC. Don't care about that. I'd watch Brock vs DC, though.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
All to the dismay of Triple H. :sarcasm:

Besides, they'll be moving away from that again too as the Rollins, Ambrose, Styles etc will probably end up in the revamped Cruiserweight division. That way guys like Triple H, Cena and Orton can stay in the jacked-up, bodybuilding physique limelight.

Triple H would appear to be the guy actually ushering in that era as opposed to Vince who still seems to love his bodybuilders. That's why Triple H is the guy overseeing NXT.

I really doubt you'll see those guys wash away into the cruiserweight division.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Let's face it, we all knew Lesnar was on stuff, but as a fan of his, and after years of getting through these tests, man this really sucks. I get they're trying to clean up the sport, but is what has happened lately really helping? I'm not saying you let guys take whatever they want, but it's tough to say all these suspensions have been good for the product.

so is this the last we see of Brock Lesnar in MMA?
Unfortunately it's a near certainty.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
This is a drug that's often taken by a male after he's come off a cycle, btw.

Uhhhh yeah dude, we know. Clomid and Novaldex are your most common PCTs for after the cycle. It's legit super easy to get clomid. You can get it online and sent to your house. Post cycles are easy to get. Don't use this ****, your junks going to be ****ed for a bit, and you're looking at an increase of side effects like gyno, which is something you don't want.

60 ML is going to cost you like $40.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Let's face it, we all knew Lesnar was on stuff, but as a fan of his, and after years of getting through these tests, man this really sucks. I get they're trying to clean up the sport, but is what has happened lately really helping? I'm not saying you let guys take whatever they want, but it's tough to say all these suspensions have been good for the product.

Unfortunately it's a near certainty.

Agreed but it's needed. We're not far off a power puncher killing somebody. A death will happen in this sport. If that guy is running gear, pretty sure the UFC and he could be looking at serious financial and criminal issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad