Brock Lesnar informed of potential anti-doping violation

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I wonder if it was something for weight cutting. He was well over 300 lbs.

This is what I'm thinking happened considering he passed the first five tests and it was the last one. If he was looking to cut weight quicker, I wouldn't be surprised if he took a banned supplement or a "tainted" supplement to help the process.

That... or he is a completely idiot if he started with PEDs around the time where he knew he was going to get a sixth test in before the fight.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
You can't tell me the UFC didn't know about this. Call it tinfoil hat if you want, but the UFC 200 card was in serious threat of being an absolute turd without Lesnar. UFC 200 being an absolute turd would not have been very encouraging for the sale. If you're previous ownership, you take the hit on the way out of the business. Leave a mess for the guys that bought it if you must. UFC 200 was supposed to be a celebration of how great the UFC was and how far it had come, and the irony is that it was undermined by some of the biggest issues the Fertitta brothers never addressed. Mismanagement of personalities by Dana White and never cracking down hard enough on PEDs. It turned what was supposed to be the biggest card in the history of sports into an above average UFC event. But hey, they'll have all the time in the world to feel guilty on their private islands.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
You can't tell me the UFC didn't know about this. Call it tinfoil hat if you want, but the UFC 200 card was in serious threat of being an absolute turd without Lesnar. UFC 200 being an absolute turd would not have been very encouraging for the sale. If you're previous ownership, you take the hit on the way out of the business. Leave a mess for the guys that bought it if you must. UFC 200 was supposed to be a celebration of how great the UFC was and how far it had come, and the irony is that it was undermined by some of the biggest issues the Fertitta brothers never addressed. Mismanagement of personalities by Dana White and never cracking down hard enough on PEDs. It turned what was supposed to be the biggest card in the history of sports into an above average UFC event. But hey, they'll have all the time in the world to feel guilty on their private islands.

yeah, agreed. you usually have to be pretty sleazy to get rich.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

His test was on June 28th. It takes two weeks or so to get the results. Jon Jones test was on June 16th. No conspiracy.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Apparently, one of Brock's teammates went online and said it could be "advair", used to treat asthma.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Mark Hunt now wants all of Brock Lesnar's purse. Dude is pissed - rightfully so.

Hunt was playing the whoa is me card days after the fight saying he didn't know how Lesnar made weight. If he'd have won like everyone thought, do you think he'd give a **** if Lesnar tested positive for anything? It's because he lost that he's doing this now, and it comes off as sad, IMO.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Mark Hunt now wants all of Brock Lesnar's purse. Dude is pissed - rightfully so.

Asthma meds are all usually corticosteroids, so that wouldn't be shocking if it was that. Not that I think Lesnar is above juicing, but I do think he's smarter than flunking a test right before the fight.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Hunt was playing the whoa is me card days after the fight saying he didn't know how Lesnar made weight. If he'd have won like everyone thought, do you think he'd give a **** if Lesnar tested positive for anything? It's because he lost that he's doing this now, and it comes off as sad, IMO.

Pfff, comon man. YOU get in there against a 6'5 mammoth and learn after getting the beating of a lifetime that you weren't fighting on equal terms. Hunt has every right to be pissed about this.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Pfff, comon man. YOU get in there against a 6'5 mammoth and learn after getting the beating of a lifetime that you weren't fighting on equal terms. Hunt has every right to be pissed about this.

Then half the UFC fighters from the early 2000's owe their foes quite a bit of money...:laugh:

Before the fight, Hunt was overconfident saying his plan was to punch Lesnar's face off. After he got in there and got manhandled, he starts with crap about not understanding how he makes weight, and that was BEFORE the positive test.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Then half the UFC fighters from the early 2000's owe their foes quite a bit of money...:laugh:

Before the fight, Hunt was overconfident saying his plan was to punch Lesnar's face off. After he got in there and got manhandled, he starts with crap about not understanding how he makes weight, and that was BEFORE the positive test.
And he was right? If I lose to a cheater I'm going to be pissed off too. Apparently you'd just suck it up?

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
I don't know, I see where Mark is coming from but all he had to do was back up his pre fight **** talking and this would be a non issue, especially if all this is over an inhaler. Obviously I'll change my tone if it is indeed PEDs, but as someone who has had asthma I'm not gonna bag on a dude for taking his asthma medication

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
His test was on June 28th. It takes two weeks or so to get the results. Jon Jones test was on June 16th. No conspiracy.

I think you're misunderstanding me, I was just saying that I am almost certain that the UFC knew about Brock still being in a steroid cycle. They pulled him basically off the street. I also thought it was odd that Brock was SUPER non-committal about ever fighting again in the press after the fight was over. Basically as if this were a one-off for him. It meant that there were no camps. No testing until this fight "materialized" out of thin air. They basically turned a fast one on the NSAC on the way out the door in knowing that Brock wasn't going to test clean but nothing could be done about it after the event was over. I'm damn sure they made it worth Brock's time.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I think you're misunderstanding me, I was just saying that I am almost certain that the UFC knew about Brock still being in a steroid cycle. They pulled him basically off the street. I also thought it was odd that Brock was SUPER non-committal about ever fighting again in the press after the fight was over. Basically as if this were a one-off for him. It meant that there were no camps. No testing until this fight "materialized" out of thin air. They basically turned a fast one on the NSAC on the way out the door in knowing that Brock wasn't going to test clean but nothing could be done about it after the event was over. I'm damn sure they made it worth Brock's time.

Even further, it might explain why Dana White was so nonsensically pissed about Ariel Helwani breaking the story that Brock was fighting on the UFC 200 card. They didn't want him tested until it was too late to pull him from the card. The clock started as soon as Helwani let the cat out of the bag.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Before all of the conspiracy and steroid talk, it might be prudent to wait for those secondary results to come out, no?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad