Brock Lesnar informed of potential anti-doping violation

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

"The UFC organization was notified today that the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) has informed Brock Lesnar of a potential Anti-Doping Policy violation stemming from an out-of-competition sample collection on June 28, 2016. USADA received the testing results from the June 28, 2016 sample collection from the WADA-accredited UCLA Olympic Analytical Laboratory on the evening of July 14, 2016.

"USADA, the independent administrator of the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, will handle the results management and appropriate adjudication of this case. It is important to note that, under the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, there is a full fair legal review process that is afforded to all athletes before any sanctions are imposed. The Nevada State Athletic Commission also retains jurisdiction over this matter as the sample collection was performed in close proximity to Lesnar’s bout at UFC 200 in Las Vegas.

"Consistent with all previous potential anti-doping violations, additional information will be provided at the appropriate time as the process moves forward."

http://www.ufc.com/news/UFC-Statement-on-Brock-Lesnar-071516?utm_campaign=UFC&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sprout&utm_content=1468622385

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm shocked this would happen to someone from the WWE who looks like he does. Haha.

The process still has to play out but I think it might be safe to say we won't see him in the UFC again.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
Damn that sucks. I always just thought he was one of the smartest guys when it came to juicing and getting around the tests like knowing when to stop. Welp thats it for MMA I guess.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
I'm shocked this would happen to someone from the WWE who looks like he does. Haha.

The process still has to play out but I think it might be safe to say we won't see him in the UFC again.
I'm shocked the wwe and UFC would let this happen. They didn't test before hand to make sure they didn't risk this embarrassment?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Who knows what he popped for but he'd have to be really dumb or careless to be using leading up to the fight. He even got the exemption for the four month rule so all he had to do was stay clean for a month.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
I'm shocked the wwe and UFC would let this happen. They didn't test before hand to make sure they didn't risk this embarrassment?

Seems like they were the only two who weren't expecting this, and now both promotions lose. UFC 200 looks further tainted, while WWE likely takes a huge, almost irrecoverable hit at SummerSlam

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

He was tested six times since he announced his return in early June. This test was from June 28th and apparently just didn't come back in time. The results of Jones' June 16th test didn't get back until three days before the fight.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Who knows what he popped for but he'd have to be really dumb or careless to be using leading up to the fight. He even got the exemption for the four month rule so all he had to do was stay clean for a month.

No. Some of these things can stay in your system/show up after a year after you use it.

I just assumed they would have unofficially tested him before the contract/fight announcement

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It really makes you wonder about whatever WWE is doing over there. He has been passing their tests for 5 years (I think) and then it takes USADA/UFC 3 weeks to catch him?

No. Some of these things can stay in your system/show up after a year after you use it.

I just assumed they would have unofficially tested him before the contract/fight announcement

They started testing him immediately and we know this because his name was on the USADA website the following week. So how would he pass everything prior to June 28th if it was already in his system? I don't know too much about this though so maybe it's possible.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
It really makes you wonder about whatever WWE is doing over there. He has been passing their tests for 5 years (I think) and then it takes USADA/UFC 3 weeks to catch him?

There has always been a suspicion that while full time WWE wrestlers are tested stringently and held to the punishment, the part-time guys like Lesnar and The Rock are treated differently.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston

They started testing him immediately and we know this because his name was on the USADA website the following week. So how would he pass everything prior to June 28th if it was already in his system? I don't know too much about this though so maybe it's possible.

No, I don't mean the usada. I mean UFC and wwe. Test him to make sure he's clean so THIS doesn't happen.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13

Maybe because the goal for the WWE ain't the same as the UFC. The WWE dealt with a multitude of deaths so my guess is that their list is about what affects their employees health in any capacity, not what helps their performance like the UFC. Just take a look at John Jones, do you think the WWE would suspend an entertainer for an estrogen blocker?

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Maybe because the goal for the WWE ain't the same as the UFC. The WWE dealt with a multitude of deaths do my guess is that their list is about what affects their employees health in any capacity, not what helps their performance like the UFC. Just take a look at John Jones, do you think the WWE would suspend an entertainer for an estrogen blocker?

That's certainly possible. We don't know what Brock tested positive for so it could just be some supplement/substance that WWE doesn't even test for or care about.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I think this spells the end of Lesnar's UFC career for good, and WWE is now going to have questions about the legitimacy of their test for non-full-time talents, I believe.

A top Summerslam match (WWE PPV) seems to be up in the air now since the event is in New York.

There's a hole in the wellness policy that a regular in-ring worker is tested. The language of it makes it seem like someone who's out of regular in-ring competition with an injury, or a part-time talent like Lesnar or The Rock, aren't tested.

If you google Seth Rollins before his injury that kept him out 9 months and see pictures of him since coming back, he's a fair bit bigger.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Shocking. But you'd think these guys, especially Lesnar having so much time to deliberate over his return, would follow whatever the science is of cycling off in time to pass any tests.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad