Player Discussion Brock Boeser | Part IV - Rookie of the Month November

Status
Not open for further replies.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
17 games into his NHL career is and he is close to a 30 goal pace.

He will have a 40 goal season in his peak.

Reactions: Mudshark50

Mudshark50

Nov 25, 2005
NorthVancouver
17 games into his NHL career is and he is close to a 30 goal pace.

He will have a 40 goal season in his peak.

When his skating improves (not if) he is going to be a stud. Still looks a little belaboured out there mid way through a shift, but that's likely because I'm comparing his skating to Bo and Baer.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
Hope he doesn't develop that guilt that Salo eventually had where he was too afraid of hurting someone to get everything on his shot.

Devante Smith-Pelly also blocked a hard shot from Boeser yesterday and felt it. I hope his reputation gets around and fewer players try to block his shots.

I'm still a bit confused about how they are using him on the PP. Last night he was on the point, and it led to 2 goals. The other night - I think it was the Detroit game he was in front of the net. I'd like to see him more in the high slot where his shot is lethal.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
What a player. Star potential.

13 points in 10 games now on the season.

18 points in 19 career games.

Last edited:

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
Anybody else reminded of Naslund when you watch Boeser? They're both kind of non-physical, slightly floaty type players with average speed, but with amazing shots and top-end hockey iq.

King Crimson

Oct 6, 2011
Boeser is an incredible player. He's not the fastest, nor the most agile, but he makes up for that with a ridiculous sense of timing and a motor that doesn't quit. The way he slides in and out of gaps is buttery smooth, but when he forechecks he's a relentless hound. There is nothing passive about his game; there's not a moment where he's standing still waiting for a puck to come to him. When he doesn't have the puck, he's fighting to get it back, or he's constantly opening up options for his teammates by getting himself into open ice.

It also helps that he's probably one of the best stickhandlers on the team already. Nothing fancy or quick, but just sheer efficiency of movement. Couple that with his ability to find gaps and he's always trying to bring pucks into dangerous areas. It's a treat watching him move laterally in the offensive zone. The Canucks have lacked a player that can attack the slot like that since Naslund.

M2B

Oct 6, 2017
You know how many times over the years I've watched plays develop like the third goal in the Pittsburgh game and the play resulted in shooting the puck wide or into the goalie. Nice rush or puck movement, then hit the open trailer in the slot, for nothing. How refreshing it is to have a pure sniper with killer instincts to finish.

ItalianCanuck1

Italian Canuck
Mar 8, 2016
Italy
Did you remember what happened in the month of November ten years ago?

Naslund scored an hattrick vs Minnie.

Maybe one of the most impressive individual performance by a Canuck since then.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Still can't believe this was the guy they decided to put in the press box to start the year!

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
With this game against Pittsburg tonight, I honestly think we have seen the official changing of the guard in Vancouver. We had the West Coast Express era, then we had the Sedin era, and now: The Brock Bo Bae era!

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
I know it's not the popular opinion at the moment. Makes me feel like the fat kid eating in the cafeteria alone... but in 10 years time.. i think a lot of us will appreciate what Benning has done. Brock Boeser, Gaudette and Petterson will be very good for us down the line. Its unfortunate that he went with virtanen and Juolevi, but at the same time this guy has been great at finding talent later in the draft. Believe in Benning.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad