Player Discussion Brock Boeser | Part IV - Rookie of the Month November

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I know it's not the popular opinion at the moment. Makes me feel like the fat kid eating in the cafeteria alone... but in 10 years time.. i think a lot of us will appreciate what Benning has done. Brock Boeser, Gaudette and Petterson will be very good for us down the line. Its unfortunate that he went with virtanen and Juolevi, but at the same time this guy has been great at finding talent later in the draft. Believe in Benning.

Come on, this is the Boeser thread. Let's not pollute it with this.

Reactions: Pavel96

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
Still can't believe this was the guy they decided to put in the press box to start the year!

Do you think Boeser is a worse player for having sat out those two games, after looking tired at the end of the preseason and admitting to feeling like his legs were heavy at the time?

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I know it's not the popular opinion at the moment. Makes me feel like the fat kid eating in the cafeteria alone... but in 10 years time.. i think a lot of us will appreciate what Benning has done. Brock Boeser, Gaudette and Petterson will be very good for us down the line. Its unfortunate that he went with virtanen and Juolevi, but at the same time this guy has been great at finding talent later in the draft. Believe in Benning.
Juolevi and Virtanen aren't terrible picks though..Virtanen is really turning it around he's going to be a sure fire top 9 foward for years to come and still has potential to be more. Better than Dal Colle who won't be an NHL player.
Juolevi is still developing and he's going to be a solid dman in the form of Ohlund. He'll be a top 3 dman just you wait!

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Juolevi and Virtanen aren't terrible picks though..Virtanen is really turning it around he's going to be a sure fire top 9 foward for years to come and still has potential to be more. Better than Dal Colle who won't be an NHL player.
Juolevi is still developing and he's going to be a solid dman in the form of Ohlund. He'll be a top 3 dman just you wait!

And both of those outcomes are disasters compared to picking Ehlers/Nylander and Tkachuk/Keller/Sergachev.

Boeser was an excellent pick but that doesn’t excuse his other mistakes.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
And both of those outcomes are disasters compared to picking Ehlers/Nylander and Tkachuk/Keller/Sergachev.

It’s still too early to come to this conclusion. Nylander and Ehlers may be better reg season offensive players but how will they handle the tough playoff wars? I can see Virtanen being a beast in this situation much like how Kassian was stepping it up last year for the Oilers in their playoffs. Virtanen does bring a style of play to the game that isn’t measured by pts and one Nylander or Ehlers can’t offer. This pick is still up in the air.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
No, you're only allowed to crap on Benning, not say anything remotely positive.

I don't see anyone crapping on Benning in this thread. The Boeser thread. His post was nothing but bait to start another Benning war, which has no place here.

Let's just talk about the fact that we finally have a young player who can shoot. Last night's game was fun. Leave Benning out of this thread.

Your sarcastipost was deliciously juvenile though, congrats.

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
I don't see anyone crapping on Benning in this thread. The Boeser thread. His post was nothing but bait to start another Benning war, which has no place here.

Let's just talk about the fact that we finally have a young player who can shoot. Last night's game was fun. Leave Benning out of this thread.

Your sarcastipost was deliciously juvenile though, congrats.
Thanks, just trying to fit in with this board

Yggdrasil

Oct 30, 2015
With this game against Pittsburg tonight, I honestly think we have seen the official changing of the guard in Vancouver. We had the West Coast Express era, then we had the Sedin era, and now: The Brock Bo Bae era!

Killer Bees era.

Yggdrasil

Oct 30, 2015
dahlen pettersson boeser

i can see that being our top line in 2019-00 / 2020-21 season.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
Gaudette hasn't signed yet and he used a 5th overall pick on Petterson. (this was his 3rd top 6 pick in 4 years so are we actually congratulating him for "maybe" finding a blue chip prospect in 3 attempts drafting top 6 (we can now see the many top notch prospects he passed on his first two attempts).

How come you didn't mention Trymikan or Forsling? They were actually great later picks and then - Benning's "asset management" skills eroded their value (one walked away from club, and he litertally just gave the other player away for a non NHL player). I really wouldn't count on Gaudette as a savior until he actually is at least signed and we see him play maybe one or two NHL games?

Believing in Benning as a GM is ludicrous at this point - lets just be realistic and at the same time be thrilled a prospect of ours actually looks this good.

Drafting one good player doesn't make you an elite/good/competent GM (he already drafted Miller remember and then went on to destroy the Virtanen and Joelevi picks).

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
dahlen pettersson boeser

i can see that being our top line in 2019-00 / 2020-21 season.

Dahlen Pettersson Boeser
Horvat Gaudette Lind
Baertchi Unknown Lockwood
Gradjovich Granlund Virtanen

Sutter Eriksson

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015

Hmmm I wonder which group will prove to be more valuable in long run (as in if you could pick one group or the other for your team) - Ehlers/Nylander + Tkachuck or Boser+Virtanen+Juoelevi ?

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007

Nonis acquired a bunch of valuable pieces that were important down the road, too, but he still didn't do a particularly good job.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Hmmm I wonder which group will prove to be more valuable in long run (as in if you could pick one group or the other for your team) - Ehlers/Nylander + Tkachuck or Boser+Virtanen+Juoelevi ?
Or just all of em

Tkachuck Pettersson Boeser
Horvat Nylander Lind
Dahlen Gaudette Baertchi

Sweet top 9

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
It's too early to call Juolevi
Yes Sergachev looks fantastic now, but he's also on the best team in the league. Plus he has always been the more offensive D than Juolevi

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
I watched a few Tampa games, Sergachev has good offensive production, but man can he be an adventure defensively.

He's a double edge sword. The miss is not picking one of Tkachuk or Keller.

Still not surprised Boeser is racking up the goals, the second he was picked knew he would be a key part of this team going forward.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

Where did our 2015 pick go in the first scenario?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad