Rumor: Brock Boeser has joined team in MIN; could sign and play today

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
We need to keep him as far away from Willie as possible. Going to Utica and joining them for a (hopefully) playoff run versus getting 5-7 "teaching" minutes a night playing with Skille, Megna, or whichever defenseman is playing out of position tonight.

This is how I feel

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
I thought you needed more than 9 games to burn a year? That's why junior players sometimes get the first 9 games of the season before being sent back. Doesn't that mean it's impossible to burn off a year because we only have 9 games left?

Am I wrong?

Because Boeser is 20 his ELC can't slide. The 9 games is only for 18 and 19 year olds. The only thing that matters is if Boeser's contract starts this season or next. He can burn a year without even playing a game.

Canucks Army goes into it in detail.

https://canucksarmy.com/2017/03/14/is-brock-boeser-the-light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel/

Love

Feb 29, 2012
We need to keep him as far away from Willie as possible. Going to Utica and joining them for a (hopefully) playoff run versus getting 5-7 "teaching" minutes a night playing with Skille, Megna, or whichever defenseman is playing out of position tonight.

This is how I feel

He could play for the Canucks then the Comets. We only have 9 games left, and I really doubt Boeser plays today so thats 8 games. Then Comets might make the playoffs and the Canucks obviously won't.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
For sure.

John Hayden is the only college signing to burn a year so far this season. The other 14 college signings have their NHL contracts starting next season. That includes first round picks Tage Thompson and Luke Kunin plus top college free agents like Aston-Reese, Bayreuther, Hults, and Nell.

Those first round picks you listed also happen to be 19 rather 20. Makes a difference as far as UFA age.

PrinceOfPucks

Jan 4, 2016
He could play for the Canucks then the Comets. We only have 9 games left, and I really doubt Boeser plays today so thats 8 games. Then Comets might make the playoffs and the Canucks obviously won't.

This is incorrect.

He can do 1 but not both.

If he signs w. Canucks then he can play out the season but he wasn't papered to play for Utica like Gaunce and Goldobin. The deadline has passed for that so he is in eligible.

If he signs a PTO w. Utica then he can play the rest of season /playoffs. W them but he is ineligible to play for Canucks as he obvs wouldn't have signed w. Them yet.

Once he does then you can refer back to the first point.

So it's either Utica or Canucks.

canwincup

Aug 28, 2008
Van city
He has the leverage here, I can only imagine the reaction on here if he decided to go back for his junior year. Get him signed and worry about the rest later.

Last edited:

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
It would be great if he played today! I thought they'd have announced the signing already.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Yup ideally an ATO would be perfect, but yeah you can't mess around too much with College players *thats what she said* due to the loophole, so IF Boeser wants to sign with us NOW, then you just bite the bullet and sign him.

Then you hope Utica makes the playoffs & can at least reach the 2nd round, then Boeser can join them and get more pro games in after the Canucks are done April 9th.

First of all, the Comets season still has 3 more regular season games after the Canucks season ends, so the Comets would not be in the 2nd playoff round. That's immaterial as he CANNOT join them after the Vancouver season ends.

No he can't! How many posts have to be made by how many posters to get this point across? If he plays a minute for the Canucks, he cannot go down to Utica this season. I've posted this fact multiple times as have several Utica and Vancouver posters, but the fallacy keeps popping up. If he could do this, there would be no argument. This discussion exists because he can't simply be sent down later like Gaunce and Goldobin after Vancouver is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad