Rumor: Brock Boeser has joined team in MIN; could sign and play today

Status
Not open for further replies.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I don't. Most people believe he's Nhl ready . Much like horvat .. mature beyond his years.

I have no problem losing a year

And keep in mind we just lose a year on the ELC and he's a year closer to his first non-ELC contract negotiations, he does not get one of the 7 years of service required for UFA, which is far more important.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Wouldn't mind burning a year off his ELC to help Utica, but not to come up to the Canucks. I don't see how him joining this tire fire does anything positive.

He won't burn off a year of his eligibility if he goes to Utica first.....has to play NHL games to be eligible.....and if he plays any games in VanCity before the end of the year, he can't join Utica was he wasn't papered for the AHL playoffs.

The only way he can help Utica is if he does what Zack Weresnki did last year with the Blue Jackets....joined Lake Erie on an ATO and his ELC didn't kick in until this season. But he did win a Calder Cup with the Monsters.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
He won't burn off a year of his eligibility if he goes to Utica first.....has to play NHL games to be eligible.....and if he plays any games in VanCity before the end of the year, he can't join Utica was he wasn't papered for the AHL playoffs.

The only way he can help Utica is if he does what Zack Weresnki did last year with the Blue Jackets....joined Lake Erie on an ATO and his ELC didn't kick in until this season. But he did win a Calder Cup with the Monsters.

im pretty sure he does not need to play in a game

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
So if he makes it out of camp next year, what are the lines gunna be? Personally, I'd make the Sedin line our "tougher matchup" go to, and stick Sutter on that line ...

Baertschi Horvat Eriksson
Sedin Sedin Sutter
Goldobin Granlund Boeser

Let the two most offensively gifted players have a little slack, and just let them giver in the offensive zone. Just a thought.

You know gotta say i think these are the best options with what we got. We know Bo and Bae are gonna keep getting better and hopefully can light SOMETHING under Eriksson. Sutter is good defensively so can cover the Sedins who are good for some games. And newbies Goldy and Boeser can try something new together and with Granlund who has prooven to be a solid goal scorer on a horrible team. And i say why not. Good job with the lines. Hopefully the new coach sees it like this

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If He makes his debut this weekend or early next week, predict Willie will play him with Shore and Skille.:facepalm:

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Best case scenario is he signs an ATO with Utica, takes a few days off to rest, gets some practices in with Utica. Then play the rest of the season and playoffs with them on their 2nd/3rd line and top line pp, moving up the lineup if he does well.

If he signs with us I guess that would be ok, I don't really care about burning 1 year but i think its not as good for his development as playing for Utica the remainder of the season.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
He will sign, you know he'll sign, he'll sign on crutches, he will play and he'll play at Rogers arena on Tuesday night...

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
"Tonight"

Vancouver's game starts at 1:00 p.m. Boeser time. Unless he's going to sign tonight, he's not playing the game against Minnesota.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I don't really care about the extra year of ELC, see what a few games under Tryamkin's belt did for his development.

Plus, it's the RFA year that matters.

The main problem I have is that Utica would be best for his development.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
The teams we're playing aren't AHL teams.

Yeah, but then the same goes for Goldobin, Boucher, etc.

I can see a player needing to have an extended period to develop at the AHL level (see Virtanen) but a few games at the NHL level to get a taste isn't going to hurt and could help.

FytinSioux

Blackhawksssssss
Nov 30, 2009
ND
Don't see why they are rushing him. Ive watched him almost every single game of his college career, he's clearly not 100%. Don't get it.

To me, he should sit out the rest of the year and get healthy.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver

I can see a player needing to have an extended period to develop at the AHL level (see Virtanen) but a few games at the NHL level to get a taste isn't going to hurt and could help.

It might help but Utica will help more.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
The main problem I have is that Utica would be best for his development.

At the risk of being drubbed as a home boy, Boeser's best start in the pros would be in Utica with Demko, Virtanen, Gaunce, Goldobin, Subban, McEneny, etc. Let him play in a very competitive situation with something on the line. A step up from the college ranks and he gets his feet wet with guys he'll play with next season. It's not easing him in. It's bringing him into the pro environment with a playoff berth being chased. If they can capture it, then it's a playoff run and who knows.

Then he comes to camp understanding what is expected of him and ready to compete for a spot on the last rung up.

It just makes more sense to me than exposing him to the current ****storm in the waning days of this NHL season.

I realize his agent will want to burn that year off, but let's see what Jimbo thinks is best and what kind of negotiator he can be. He knows Utica would be the best starting point at this moment.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I don't really care about the extra year of ELC, see what a few games under Tryamkin's belt did for his development.

Plus, it's the RFA year that matters.

Yep...could care less whether he burns a year of his ELC....unless he kills it over the next two seasons, he might actually be cheaper to re-sign anyway....Canucks need to get as many kids as possible into the lineup to see what they have.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014

Boucher couldn't be sent down without exposing him to waivers again and Jersey would have claimed him again as they already did once.

Goldobin is papered so he can go down at the end of the season like Gaunce.

Boeser's only way to Utica this season is directly. Helping them get the final playoff spot and then taking a run at the playoffs seems like a real gud, more meaningful way to get his pro feet wet. Putting the shiny new toy on display in Vancouver would be better suited to the beginning of a fresh new season, not the dismal spot they are in now just humping out the final days of a lost season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad