GDT: Broadway vs Raleighwood, game 3 7pm, TNT

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
This can't be true? Without Kooch we end up with 3-4 SHG against in the 2nd period, that game would have been a blowout, Kooch is the only reason we were still in it really. We give Kooch one loss and jump back to Freddie, who lost 2 in a row?

Is Andersen getting the start tomorrow confirmed?

If it's true then Rod is starting to piss me off. Guy didn't learn anything from not rolling with McBackup in 2019.

He wants to Freddie to "fight through his adversity" probably. Problem is, the season is on the f***ing line. You go with the guy that gives you the best chance to win. To me that's Kooch.
Freddie was in the starters crease during practice today. Pretty good indicator on who is getting the nod tomorrkw

Reactions: DaveG

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
How so? Genuinely curious to hear your answer as to why Svech should be captain.
He should be Captain because he is a leader in terms of competitiveness and heart. He showed why last night. He's throwing his body around doing anything to help the team win. Staal is too old to be an inspirational captain.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Rod will absolutely never do it because of how he was treated at the end of his career, but Jordan absolutely should not be captain any more. Nice guy, but nice doesn't cut it. Give the C to somebody who will plant a boot in somebody's ass on occasion. Far too many players are not playing with the urgency they need to, and there needs to be a guy in the room who can be the bad guy and tell them that. I think Aho has that fire, but like Rod under Peters, I don't think he's empowered to really deliver that message in a real way as a part time alternate.

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
I mean we brought in Bunting and Lemieux to do that, but Bunting was shoved down the lineup when he didn't immediately mesh and was eventually traded and Lemieux, to nobody's surprise, never plays.

But yeah, and the thing is, it's by design. Brindy preaches to the team to stay out of that kind of stuff. I'm fairly certain they coached Svech out of throwing the kind of big hits that ended Lindholms season in 2022. And Burns, after a throwing his weight around in his first few games as a Cane last year just stopped and we've never seen that kind of edge return. It points to something they're being coached not to do.
KK literally blew a guys helmet off in the NYI series, then nothing…

People also like to talk about how “fast” the Hurricanes are, and to me that’s a bit misleading. The Hurricanes definitely play with a lot of pace but the Rangers so far have felt like the “quicker” team. It feels like their individual speed is a notch higher than the Hurricanes.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
The players are the only ones who know how Jordan is as a captain or who might be a better fit as his replacement. Fans trying to judge otherwise is always funny.
There's very little difference in the amount of information we have about captains and the information we have about coaches. Lots goes on we don't see in both cases, but there are times when it becomes so damn obvious that there's a problem that you can't ignore it. And for some odd reason, nobody ever wrings their hands about how fans can't possibly comment on coaching.

We can comment on coaching, we can comment on team leadership. Because while we're operating on limited information, we're not operating on no information.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Don’t know why everyone wants to blame one or two particular things. This is an organizational failure from top to bottom especially when it happens year after year in similar ways.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I see theres like 5 pages of issues mentioned again so its time for me to say it for the 5th time so maybe it sinks in:

This is AT WORST a 2-1 deficit if they werent -1 on the f***ing powerplay. Everything else is nonsense that isnt actually a problem (except needing an actual 2C).

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I see theres like 5 pages of issues mentioned again so its time for me to say it for the 5th time so maybe it sinks in:

This is AT WORST a 2-1 deficit if they werent -1 on the f***ing powerplay. Everything else is nonsense that isnt actually a problem (except needing an actual 2C).

Do we have a definitive answer as to who coaches the powerplay? Is it Brindamour or Daniels?

Reactions: 3CanesInTheBox

MisterDobz

Tryin to Reason with Hurricane Season
Apr 13, 2022
Chicago, Florida
IMG_0084.gif

I think I’ll go for a walk…

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
Didn't KK fight last game?
It kinda got broken up before they actually had a chance to get to it. Stupid linesmen. Even after that it seems like he was fairly quiet when it came to throwing his weight around. I wonder if it’s being discouraged a little to try and keep the penalty parade to a minimum?

I would love to see some more big hits and physicality from the Hurricanes side of the ice by someone other than Svech.

I would probably sacrifice a pinky finger, definitely a pinky toe, to see Slavin, Burns and Staal go straight up Pronger for a whole playoffs. They ain’t gotta fight or nothing just knock the shit out of some fools, maybe chunk a few dumb dumbs around after a whistle, just play with some heart and edge.

As much as TDA’s constant yapping annoys me I would love to see that part of his brain in Slavin, Staal or Burns. People hate on 5’8” 180lbs TT for being “soft” when the guys who actually have the size and physical ability to play that style look like a sack of cotton balls out there.

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
Do we have a definitive answer as to who coaches the powerplay? Is it Brindamour or Daniels?
One of the analytics twitter folks seem to think it’s Daniels.

Does anyone actually know for sure?

Didn’t Rod run it under Peters?

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015

And the fact that for 3 straight games we haven't even come close to being a + on the PP speaks volumes

Reactions: AD Skinner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad