Rumor: Briere to become a top UFA after Flyers definite buyout. Bryz Still 50/50.

Lindy Puff

Feb 15, 2013
From Hockeybuzz.com

"Through multiple sources I have learned the Flyers will officially be using one of their two compliance buyouts to buy out the remaining two years of the contract of Danny Briere." (e5)

"The decision to buy out Bryz looks to be more tied to which opportunities the Flyers have over the next month. I was told if the Flyers have the opportunity to make the kind of splash they want to make they won't hesitate to free up the money and space by buying out Bryz."
-Eklund

Question 1 would you sign briere again to mentor the kids and for how many $ and years?

Question 2 do you think the phlyers will be in play for miller and if they get him they would then buy out bryz?

mattcc97

Feb 6, 2013
Buffalo, NY
Not saying I support Eklund's validity, because I'm still not sure, but I'm leaning towards believing that he DOES have legitimate sources. Just my two cents.

Anyway, I would definitely sign Briere for like 2.75 mil for 2 years to come in and provide some veteran leadership while Grigs, Girgs, Armia, etc. begin to acclimate themselves to the NHL game. I know a lot of fans might not be so welcoming, but I for one like Briere still and think it would be a good move by Darcy, especially with a weak UFA crop this year.

#DoSomethingDarcy

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I posted another source in Around the NHL.

And yeah I would sign Briere back in Buffalo to play on a line with Grigorenko and Leino.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
How could you guys seriously want him back? He's been horrible for the past two years. How he plays against Buffalo is nothing like the way he plays against other teams. We're collecting a solid roster pool of two way prospects and we are going to bring in the arguably the worst defensive forward in the NHL to mentor them?

What better way to start off a rebuild by getting rid of the old and bringing in the old.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
his son may miss friends in buffalo and he could always move back here and sign him up at his old district and be with ppl he knew in the past.
If we timewarp his son back 6 years do we get the Daniel Briere that isn't **** at Hockey too?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
How could you guys seriously want him back? He's been horrible for the past two years. How he plays against Buffalo is nothing like the way he plays against other teams. We're collecting a solid roster pool of two way prospects and we are going to bring in the arguably the worst defensive forward in the NHL to mentor them?

What better way to start off a rebuild by getting rid of the old and bringing in the old.

Agree. Mentor schmentor .... You're giving credit to Briere for "helping" Schenn and Courtier ...who just happen to be damn good prospects. Good narrative for a message board...doesn't equate to reality.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006

He would be a transitional player. But I wouldnt care either way. Nothing like 3-4 years, but 1-2 years and let a young player gradually move into his role, why not.

I guess it depends on what happens with Vanek and Miller. If Darcy moves them then its full rebuild. If we keep them then might as well try to make the playoffs rather than finish 9th or 10th.

Lindy Puff

Feb 15, 2013

See you no nothing but the sabres flyers game. past 2 seasons he had Claude Giroux and Sean Couturier live with him to mentor them and show them how to eat and train away from the ice to become a pro look how they are doing. Remember the days in 05 when rookies would step up and play big roles with the leadership of briere and hes a great locker room guy.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
I like Briere's mentality. I think he would be brilliant sitting next to CoHo and would be worth overpaying on a 2 year deal or getting him for 4 years at 2.75ish definitely under 3. We're rebuilding and need a vet whose willing to teach. If he is I'd pay him if he's not ya Briere isn't needed then.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
See you no nothing but the sabres flyers game. past 2 seasons he had Claude Giroux and Sean Couturier live with him to mentor them and show them how to eat and train away from the ice to become a pro look how they are doing. Remember the days in 05 when rookies would step up and play big roles with the leadership of briere and hes a great locker room guy.
That's great... but he was already here. How can you start a rebuild by getting rid of Vanek and Miller only to replace them with Briere?

Lindy Puff

Feb 15, 2013
I want some transitional players too... that didn't play for the organization half a decade ago.

you need a leader and we have none on this roster including vanek and we are probably going to trade vanek and miller. you need someone in the locker room that knows the ropes in the nhl.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
you need a leader and we have none on this roster including vanek and we are probably going to trade vanek and miller. you need someone in the locker room that knows the ropes in the nhl.

Steve Ott isn't a leader?

How about Ehrhoff?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad