Speculation: Brian Wilde just said assistants and Lefebvre gone

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I would never pay for Recrutes. McCagg is just a Habs shill pumping up Timmins every chance he gets. I can't see how that's viable for even McCagg alone without Wilde. It's totally niche, a pay site for Habs fans who follow prospects closely. That's us here at HF and I doubt many here subscribe. If you're a fan of any other team you wouldn't want to subscribe and have Habs propaganda shoved down your throat. Heck, we're Habs fans and don't want that.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
He's still in the trenches. Still takes part in the scrums. I don't think he goes on the road though and we know why, Recrutes ain't got da dough. Unlike his partner/boss who comes off as someone who sits at home and stat watches.

While his stock has dropped for me when he joined Rerutes, I did and still do like him. I don't know if The Athletic would hire him or The Gazette. Or he joins TSN690. I can't think of anywhere else he can go around the Montreal parts. Both CTV and CBC basically cut their sports coverage.
He won't be joining 690. He was fired by CTV which is owned by Bell. Guess who owns 690?

If he wants to continue his career in any capacity he needs to relocate to another city; maybe move back to his hometown of Edmonton and cover the Oil Kings. But the only job he's likely to get in Montreal is operating the t-shirt cannon at Laval Rocket games.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
JJD promoted to assistant GM
Sly promoted to assistant coach
Boullion promoted to head coach of laval
:sarcasm:

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He won't be joining 690. He was fired by CTV which is owned by Bell. Guess who owns 690?

If he wants to continue his career in any capacity he needs to relocate to another city; maybe move back to his hometown of Edmonton and cover the Oil Kings. But the only job he's likely to get in Montreal is operating the t-shirt cannon at Laval Rocket games.

Maybe not immediately. Even if he was a CTV guy, it won't prevent him from working for a Bell network station. Only impediment might be a non-compete clause in his CTV employee contract. We've seen CTV's Randy Tieman work several shows on 690 in past years, without a hitch. Wilde could do the same and as much as I'm not a Wilde fan, he'd be better than Gallo and Campbell.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

I don't think he was fired. He was laid off, that's completely different. They wouldn't prevent him from getting another job.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Maybe not immediately. Even if he was a CTV guy, it won't prevent him from working for a Bell network station. Only impediment might be a non-compete clause in his CTV employee contract. We've seen CTV's Randy Tieman work several shows on 690 in past years, without a hitch. Wilde could do the same and as much as I'm not a Wilde fan, he'd be better than Gallo and Campbell.
The problem with Gallo and Campbell is that they're too young. They weren't around when the Habs were a great team (they barely remember 1993, ffs!) and they have the predictably low standards of people too young to remember when the standard fans had for the Habs was "Win the Cup or GTFO"

Every time I listen to them they'll vaguely allude to some event in the past of which I have instant recall but for which they are lost because they weren't there to witness it. Even Marinaro admits that he is too young to remember anything that happened prior to the Habs winning in 79 when he was a school boy. Only Melnick seems to have any first-hand recollection of the glory days. Unfortunately he's usually too busy talking about the crappy 60's music he loves instead of sports. Between his DJing and Marinaro's soccer obsession it's sometimes difficult to get a fix of any decent Habs talk.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
The problem with Gallo and Campbell is that they're too young. They weren't around when the Habs were a great team (they barely remember 1993, ffs!) and they have the predictably low standards of people too young to remember when the standard fans had for the Habs was "Win the Cup or GTFO"

Every time I listen to them they'll vaguely allude to some event in the past of which I have instant recall but for which they are lost because they weren't there to witness it. Even Marinaro admits that he is too young to remember anything that happened prior to the Habs winning in 79 when he was a school boy. Only Melnick seems to have any first-hand recollection of the glory days. Unfortunately he's usually too busy talking about the crappy 60's music he loves instead of sports. Between his DJing and Marinaro's soccer obsession it's sometimes difficult to get a fix of any decent Habs talk.

You don't need to remember the glory days to be able to tell the issues with the team or perform rudimentary analysis that those guys consistently fail at.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
@VinceCauchon
Selon un ancien marqueur de 30 buts de la belle époque, Sylvain Lefebvre serait sur le point de remplacer Jean-Jacques Daigneault chez le Canadien. À suivre.

i so want this to be true, would not be able to stop laughing but would really help us in our quest to get 1st overall next year although sucking worse then the sens and sabers is a tall order.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Apparently Sly got promoted to replace JJD. Not sure if true.

It's just a rumor now brought on by Vince Cauchon, who says a former 30-goal scorer shared this with him. So he claims he has some inside info. Even Marinaro had mentioned this a few weeks back on the Friday scrum. Talking about Ducharme as Laval coach, Bouchard as Laval GM and Habs Assistant GM and Lefebvre promoted to D coach in Montreal. But Marinaro shared it as this being something he's okay if it happens.

Reactions: groovejuice

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
It's just a rumor now brought on by Vince Cauchon, who says a former 30-goal scorer shared this with him. So he claims he has some inside info. Even Marinaro had mentioned this a few weeks back on the Friday scrum. Talking about Ducharme as Laval coach, Bouchard as Laval GM and Habs Assistant GM and Lefebvre promoted to D coach in Montreal. But Marinaro shared it as this being something he's okay if it happens.

Isn't Timmins currently the assistant GM of Habs?

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I don't think he was fired. He was laid off, that's completely different. They wouldn't prevent him from getting another job.

Coleman was also laid off and he is on 690 regularly.

Wilde would be past any non-compete now, and it’s all Bell anyway.

Reactions: le_sean

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Gallo and Campbell are not just too young in my view but they are absolutely incompetent. Their mannerisms, tone and demeanor are just not suited to an electronic entertainment medium. I don't know that further experience would make them less boring. They should be fired on the spot.

Last edited:
Reactions: j c petit

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Isn't Timmins currently the assistant GM of Habs?

Mellanby and Timmins are officially named Assistant GMs. And while Larry Carriere is currently Laval Rocket GM, he also serves as Assistant GM. Basically, Bouchard replaces Carriere. And if he doesn't necessarily hold the title of Assistant GM, he'd have a place on the table. Especially since this organization needs some new blood with fresh ideas.

Not to mention Bouchard will have the inside track on local talents in the Q, where this organization has been heavily criticized (and sometimes unfairly) for "ignoring" their own backyard.

Reactions: NeptunesTrident

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Coleman was also laid off and he is on 690 regularly.

Wilde would be past any non-compete now, and it’s all Bell anyway.

The average non-compete is approx. 2 years. Courts have restricted the ambit of these types of clauses in the last few years so as not to unduly prevent someone from earning a living. Plus, during the non-compete period, an individual such as Wilde with many years spent with the same employer, will have received a healthy severance package, allowing him to transition when his non-compete clause expires.

I guess it allowed Wilde to live without a salary during the time he spent at Re/Crudes.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Mikael Lalancette, well connected in the Q, just said that he is predicting that Ducharme is gone from the Q and will not be back next year. Not that big of a news...anybody with a brain would name him in charge of a AHL team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad