Speculation: Brian Lawton: OEL will be the next big trade

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
What makes you think that OEL wants to play in Toronto? That's way too much for a guy that might not want to play in Leafland.
Why wouldn't he? He's afraid of cold weather? He's from Karlskrona. Leafs can't afford to meet his contract demands? LOL. They aren't competitive enough? He's coming from ARI-freaking-Zona. He's afraid of attention? Guy has an underwear line with him name across the crotch of panties and tight whites. He's not shy.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
I dont see the leafs giving up a RHD that we need for a LHD. OEL is not even that great, apparently people think he is Nicklas Lidstrom. I dont get the whacky proposals. We (Leafs) need a RHD and/or center (Bozak UFA). If we got OEL you would see one of Jake or Morgan maybe going the other way, not a blue chip RHD that we lack.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Oel to Dal still makes a lot of sense for both teams

Heiskanen is the 2nd best d prospect in the world but he's still 3 to 4 yrs away from OEL's level

Arz should add if needed

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
There wouldn't be a way to get him to Ottawa otherwise.

OEL (50% retained) + Duclair for MacArthur + Chabot + ???

??? = White

I'd be up for this... but I would be concerned about resigning everyone over the next couple years and staying under the cap.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Why wouldn't he? He's afraid of cold weather? He's from Karlskrona. Leafs can't afford to meet his contract demands? LOL. They aren't competitive enough? He's coming from ARI-freaking-Zona. He's afraid of attention? Guy has an underwear line with him name across the crotch of panties and tight whites. He's not shy.
Unless one of Marner or Nyalnder is included there's no way the Leafs could afford OEL he will easily command close to $7.5 million to $8 million per on his next deal he's already making $5.5 million now and no way do i see them affording him.

Andreas Ferrari

Dale is the GOAT!!!
Apr 4, 2015
WinnerPeg
Has anyone suggested Matthews for OEL?I keep hearing Matthews wants to go back to Arizona anyways.

The Jets offer.......

Trouba
Connor
Lemieux
2nd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad