Confirmed Signing with Link: Brian Gionta- Bruins (1 year-700K)

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Awful add

Nash and Gionta haven’t been good in years

How exactly is adding a depth signing for free to mentor the young kids as a 13th/14th forward who likely won't see time unless theirs injuries or a kid bombs in the playoffs "awful"..?

Do people here really not understand depth?

Reactions: Skelen

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
Would you like Matt Martin? There is still time to 'upgrade' this roster, Bruins will be a first round cake walk

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
How these guys are finding teams all of a sudden is hilarious. You're telling me Gionta played well enough in the Olympics with no NHL'ers, to warrant a contract in the NHL?

Weird.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I just hope that Gionta is a healthy scratch depth piece that will only be played in case of an emergency. But even then, why him? You have a bunch of young prospects in Providence that need to get NHL experience and you could get a better player than him in Iginla to do the exact same thing. Don Sweeney may be a great talent scout for young players, but can be absolutely clueless as a GM.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
The Bruins don't have anyone better than Gionta in the minors? Yikes

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Awful add

Nash and Gionta haven’t been good in years

You clearly haven't watched Nash at all. This is utterly untrue. Just because he's not a 40 goal scorer anymore doesn't mean he's bad. He's a fantastic defensive forward and still will pot around 20+ goals per year.

Also, Gionta reportedly had multiple offers this summer and didn't entertain any because he specifically wanted to play in the Olympics. I really don't think he's as bad as people are making him out to be. This is really fantastic insurance for a deep playoff run.

I can't believe I'm defending the Bruins here.

Reactions: Mpasta

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
Watching today's game against the Sabres and it looks like they could use him in the lineup as fast as he can get there.
:laugh:

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I guess if half the team gets in an airplane incident he will be useful.

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
The Bruins don't have anyone better than Gionta in the minors? Yikes

Why is nobody understanding that he was signed for leadership and guidance for the plethora of kids already playing on the big team....

They didn’t bring him on board to play a pivotal production role he might not even play

But hey I’m sure the kids in the minors can provide that veteran leadership...oh wait nonthey can’t because they are kids

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad