Confirmed Signing with Link: Brian Gionta- Bruins (1 year-700K)

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Sweeney got concussed watching the Leafs outplay the Bruins without Matthews.

Only plausible explanation.

I love how you guys think the world revolves around you

Enjoy Plekanec

I will take Gio for free over giving up a pretty decent package for Pleks

Reactions: Johnny HFBOARDS

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I love how you guys think the world revolves around you

Enjoy Plekanec

I will take Gio for free over giving up a pretty decent package for Pleks[/QUOTE]

No kidding, talk about a fleeing LOL . Sounds like the Leafs are afraid that they cant play any better than that and still needed a gift to beat a Bruins team that played its worst game of the year

Pleks = panic move lol

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
No kidding, talk about a fleecing LOL . Sounds like the Leafs are afraid that they cant play any better than that and still needed a gift to beat a Bruins team that played its worst game of the year

Pleks = panic move lol

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
He won't be getting any ice time unless there's a glut of injuries. Pretty sure he was brought in purely as a 13th/14th forward.
We both know he will be in the lineup for most games. I highly doubt Boston makes him their 14th forward.

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
Why are people getting jazzed up about this? He will be the 13/14th forward and will fill in if there is an injury. No assets lost to sign him and they had some cap space. I'd rather have him on the 4th line in the playoffs than a rookie who has barely played in the NHL.

Plus we had to match the crappy ex-Habs quota the Leafs had gone up on us by 1.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
We both know he will be in the lineup for most games. I highly doubt Boston makes him their 14th forward.

What makes you doubt that? Their lines are pretty set in stone with Nash replacing Spooner. Pens picked up Mark Streit's corpse last season and didn't do anything with him. This shouldn't be much different.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Tiny winger playing for the Bruins after just about a year away from the NHL. This one surprises me a lot.

He was still a decent depth player last year. I think the only reason he didn't sign anywhere before the season was because he really wanted to compete in the Olympics. For $700k, there's no real risk here for the Bruins. :dunno:

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
Depth signing, nothing more. He won't supplant anyone on the current team. 13/14th Forward depth for playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00