Injury Report: Brett Pesce - Expected to be out long term lower body injury

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Majority of this board thought Pesce was expendable and should be traded with the emergence of Chatfield last year (edit, especially once Orlov and TDA were signed). Now is the chance for the Canes depth to show up.

Yep. This is probably the significant injury on the team we are most prepared to deal with... given we quite literally prepared to deal with trading him in the offseason.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
sucks to lose him but at least the 6 guys will play will know their roles from now on. We dont have to worry about 11-7 and defenders unsure of when they will play.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
all dependent on how long Pyotr stays on the roster but we would be only track 8+ million at the deadline.
I don't understand this.

Pesce is like what, 4m?

Honestly he wasn't playing that well, not line he was previously. And yes. It's the injury we're best equipped to deal with but Holy shit. 5 games in. Wtf.

And Coghlan is garbage. With Orlov being complete shit it's still as if we're down a d man.

Guess the pairs need to be slavin burns , skjei tda, orlov Chatfield, but doesn't that put orlov on his off side?

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Majority of this board thought Pesce was expendable and should be traded with the emergence of Chatfield last year (edit, especially once Orlov and TDA were signed). Now is the chance for the Canes depth to show up.
This is actually, most likely, what the 6D was actually going to look like during the summer. Pesce wasn’t traded but it’s quite likely he was going to be.

I’m actually looking forward to this. It would have been nice to have whatever was going to come their way in a trade, of course.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I guess we could get really freaky with cap:

we could put Pesce on IR, call up Robidas with our one available roster spot to use up 825k of our 828k of space, put Pesce on LTIR, and send Robidas and Kochetkov back down. We would have Pesce's LTIR space and still be accumulating cap space. Pretty rare for a team to be able to LTIR and accumulate cap space.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
So if Pesce is out more than week to week, how about you just tell us what’s f***ing wrong with him? You don’t get to be out 2 months with a lower body injury.

Since they don’t like telling us shit I’m going to assume it’s an MCL sprain and he’s out 6-8 weeks. If someone from the main board asks, that’s the answer and hopefully it makes its way to the national media.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
So if Pesce is out more than week to week, how about you just tell us what’s f***ing wrong with him? You don’t get to be out 2 months with a lower body injury.

Since they don’t like telling us shit I’m going to assume it’s an MCL sprain and he’s out 6-8 weeks. If someone from the main board asks, that’s the answer and hopefully it makes its way to the national media.
Just throwing it out there … why does it matter? Broken toe, sprained knee, fractured tibia … what’s the difference ?

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
I don't understand this.

Pesce is like what, 4m?

Honestly he wasn't playing that well, not line he was previously. And yes. It's the injury we're best equipped to deal with but Holy shit. 5 games in. Wtf.

And Coghlan is garbage. With Orlov being complete shit it's still as if we're down a d man.

Guess the pairs need to be slavin burns , skjei tda, orlov Chatfield, but doesn't that put orlov on his off side?
Orlov's a lefty and Chat a righty so they should be on their strong sides. Unless Orlov was playing on his off side with The Caps and Bruins?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad