Injury Report: Brent Seabrook. . .?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
it doesn’t buy many solutions, none for this season, and to think some team will take that entire contract without sending garbage contracts back is wishful at best. Then there is the matter of NMC, we don’t know if Seabrook would waive it anyway.

The point is that Seabrook is 100% wasted money. Money that could be spent on making this team better. If he was earning his money and playing like a top pairing defenseman, this team is better shape... If Toews is playing like a #1C making $10.5M, this team is in better shape. If those guys are being paid what they are actually earning right now....the Hawks have like $10M in salary to spend elsewhere on this roster.

So yes, their play not being commensurate to their cap hits IS A BIG PART OF IT.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Its about changing the culture going forward. Seabrook made a stink last time he sat and this time he wasn't available for comment. Now he's not traveling with the team. They have Boqvist here and Mitchell on the way...Its time to turn the page and if Seabrook is not ready to be a healthy scratch most nights then he needs to waive his NMC. But moving Seabrook is one step forward toward re-establishing accountability in the org. No more Toews and Seabrook going to McD to complain about the HC. Can't happen...

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
What are the odds Colliton gave Seabrook another healthy scratch last night and he went to management to say he wants out if he's not in every night...and now they're going to look for a deal for him...

Reactions: Pez68

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
It also seems feasible that Seabrook found out he wasn't playing tonight, and said f*** you, I'm not going to travel with the team... I mean, the Hawks were just home Monday and Tuesday with no games. Why wouldn't he have had the things "nagging" him checked out the last three days?

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
What are the odds Colliton gave Seabrook another healthy scratch last night and he went to management to say he wants out if he's not in every night...and now they're going to look for a deal for him...

Certainly seems like there's more to this. The timing and circumstances just don't make sense.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
The point is that Seabrook is 100% wasted money. Money that could be spent on making this team better. If he was earning his money and playing like a top pairing defenseman, this team is better shape... If Toews is playing like a #1C making $10.5M, this team is in better shape. If those guys are being paid what they are actually earning right now....the Hawks have like $10M in salary to spend elsewhere on this roster.

So yes, their play not being commensurate to their cap hits IS A BIG PART OF IT.
So how do you get rid of his contract and take nothing back in return so you have this money to spend?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
So how do you get rid of his contract and take nothing back in return so you have this money to spend?

prospects/picks, but I probably wouldn’t be willing to pay the price it would take personally.

but the pieces are there to make it happen

Reactions: LDF

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
prospects/picks, but I probably wouldn’t be willing to pay the price it would take personally.

but the pieces are there to make it happen

I doubt a team would do it without the Hawks taking significant garbage back, even with prospects and picks included. You can’t just throw away prospects and picks being such a bad team, you need those assets. You are better off eating the Seabrook contract then giving up too much. You hope for a buyout

Reactions: LDF and ColdSteel2

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
It also seems feasible that Seabrook found out he wasn't playing tonight, and said **** you, I'm not going to travel with the team... I mean, the Hawks were just home Monday and Tuesday with no games. Why wouldn't he have had the things "nagging" him checked out the last three days?
That was my first thought. He seemed fine in yesterday's pre game skate.

Reactions: Pez68

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Something like Seabrook at 50% for Alzner (3 years left at around 3.7M) would be good. Montreal gets someone they can use in place of Alzner. The Hawks free up a roster spot and get cap relief in 3 years.

Reactions: LDF

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Something like Seabrook at 50% for Alzner (3 years left at around 3.7M) would be good. Montreal gets someone they can use in place of Alzner. The Hawks free up a roster spot and get cap relief in 3 years.

Habs would laugh at that nonsense

Habs would ask for something of actual value to do Hawks that favor

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
a couple of season ago, i would say it was at Seabs last concussion. i notice on his play that he was lost...... i mean he was doing the basic d-man moves but standing there.......

i truly hope this is not the case, but i wonder if he is feeling some side effect of all those concussion. how many has he had ??

don't get me wrong. i hope to all level of sanity that i am wrong.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
This is something you would read on the main board from people who hate the hawks success.

Lol, come on. It was a joke.

LTIRetirement is the only way the Hawks get off the hook, though.

Part of me really hopes that Seabrook is throwing a tantrum as a result of being a healthy scratch, and he will do something stupid like refuse to report to practice, or fly with the team... Then the Hawks could simply terminate his contract.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Wouldn't it be awesome if the "medical evaluation" for "some nagging things" was total crap, and Seabrook was just refusing to go along with being a healthy scratch, and told by the Hawks that he would be in breach of contract if he refused to fly to Winnipeg without reason? I have a connection to his agent. Maybe I can dig up some more information.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Wouldn't it be awesome if the "medical evaluation" for "some nagging things" was total crap, and Seabrook was just refusing to go along with being a healthy scratch, and told by the Hawks that he would be in breach of contract if he refused to fly to Winnipeg without reason? I have a connection to his agent. Maybe I can dig up some more information.
I’m not sure why this would be “awesome”. Nothing about this situation could ever be awesome. Its sad how its regressed to this and sad how a huge contributor to 3 cups is now looked at and ridiculed by some because this dumb front office gave him an awful contract.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I’m not sure why this would be “awesome”. Nothing about this situation could ever be awesome. Its sad how its regressed to this and sad how a huge contributor to 3 cups is now looked at and ridiculed by some because this dumb front office gave him an awful contract.

It would be awesome because I'm a fan of the Blackhawks, and Seabrook violating his contract would be GREAT for their cap situation??? They would get off 100% Scot-free...and that would be the absolute best case scenario for the TEAM.

He is looked at and ridiculed by some because he's a terrible f***ing hockey player, and doesn't belong in the NHL. You can appreciate his contribution to three cup wins, and at the same time, want him off of this team permanently...

Not to mention, if Seabrook did that, IT WOULD BE 100% ON HIM.

This is nothing like the Hossa situation, where Hossa was still a damn good player when he decided he wasn't going to play anymore.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

The injury thing seems like bs. Just Wednesday Colliton talked about how they need to play the kids and the players that give them the best chance to win. Seabrook made no comment to media after being scratched Wednesday, was presumably unavailable for comment unlike the last time he was scratched, and then he didnt travel with the team yesterday...something doesn't add up here, especially after Sharp said it was "news to him that Seabs was at home because of an injury"...

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
The Hawks have paid Seabrook over 72 million dollars as it stands today($4M more than Keith, which is a f***ing travesty). He has absolutely no gripes with this organization. The Hawks don't owe him a damn thing, and he should be grateful he's made that much money in his career. If he's going to react negatively to being a healthy scratch, when he is CLEARLY the worst defenseman on this team, and CLEARLY on his way out of the league...f*** him......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad