Prospect Info: Brendan Guhle (2015, 51st) – '18-19: Rochester #45 (AHL)

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
If we go into the season with McCabe/Antipin/Guhle on the left side and Bylsma behind the bench, I'm hopping on the Fire Murray train real quick.

I hear you, but that also doesn't take into account who's on the right side. If we get a Tanev/Brodin that can play the right side, then it looks better I believe.

Either way if Bylsma is here next year it's going to be rough. That's for certain.

Also, I think Guhle is a prime example of what the league is trending towards, especially on defense. Young, skilled and great skater. The amount of young guys coming into the league and performing well is getting higher every year, and Guhle seems to play a mature game. To me I see a young Fowler, but that's if everything goes correctly. He'll be 20 next year and if he looks ready then give him a shot.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Prince George down 3-0 with 5 minutes in the 2nd. They're down 3-2 in the series.

If PG gets eliminated, let's get Guhle up for some games in the NHL

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Prince George down 3-0 with 5 minutes in the 2nd. They're down 3-2 in the series.

I wanted to see him go deep but oh well. I've had just about enough of Josh Gorges anyways.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I wanted to see him go deep but oh well. I've had just about enough of Josh Gorges anyways.

Yeah, it would have been nice to see him make a deep run.

Still, getting a bigger taste of the NHL can't hurt. Wednesday is probably too soon, but I can see him playing Saturday/Sunday.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007

I think they've used all of their recalls, so that's not happening.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Well, I had a very limited viewing on Guhle because he was injured for a decent portion but I am going to miss him a lot. Like, A LOT.

What a talent to watch play the game. He can take it over in two strides. Feels like my heart just got ripped out and now someone is stomping on it, now that reality has set in Guhle will officially not be playing in PG anymore.

It's a shame he wasn't here a season earlier. Enjoy my guy and take care of him, Buffalo.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Yep, and I'd say it's a lock that he will, despite the unfortunate circumstances that led to it.

Meh, players get knocked out of the playoffs all the time and go play pro right after. I'd imagine Guhle can't wait to head to the AHL to get over the loss.

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
If the Sabres can bring him up, getting him another 2-3 NHL games would be better than playing for the Amerks.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Rarely is an unheralded 2nd round pick turning pro with the probability of such high expectations from the fans.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Rarely is an unheralded 2nd round pick turning pro with the probability of such high expectations from the fans.

The fans -- hell, I'd say the management. I'm still curious if he walks in with a top 4 spot secured next year.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
I'm just praying the coach is fired before he spends a significant amount of time here. Players don't exactly improve under the man when compared to how they performed under other coaches.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
The fans -- hell, I'd say the management. I'm still curious if he walks in with a top 4 spot secured next year.

That would be an epic failure on Murray's part --in terms of shoring up the defense -- if that's the case.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
That would be an epic failure on Murray's part --in terms of shoring up the defense -- if that's the case.

Well, this time two years ago, everyone on this board loudly said he'd never do that with McCabe.

McCabe happens to have worked out pretty well, so I don't need to criticize his faith in that player. But it was never guaranteed, and I think just part of the track record he has on building the defense that he didn't see the need to have four quality NHLers for an AHL kid to compete against.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Well, this time two years ago, everyone on this board loudly said he'd never do that with McCabe.

McCabe happens to have worked out pretty well, so I don't need to criticize his faith in that player. But it was never guaranteed, and I think just part of the track record he has on building the defense that he didn't see the need to have four quality NHLers for an AHL kid to compete against.

McCabe did play an entire season in the AHL.

Also, wasn't that the offseason they persued Johnny Oduya, hard?

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
McCabe did play an entire season in the AHL.

Also, wasn't that the offseason they persued Johnny Oduya, hard?

Yes and yes.

Doesn't change the end result. I only entertain the "they had no good options" card for a limited time, and this is going on the third consecutive offseason with the same diagnosis.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Yes and yes.

Doesn't change the end result. I only entertain the "they had no good options" card for a limited time, and this is going on the third consecutive offseason with the same diagnosis.

Agreed. And there are names out there this year. Aside from the longshot top guys like Shattenkirk and Campbell, guys like Oduya, Daley, and Markov are all UFAs playing 20 a night on cup contenders. Hell, even Ron Hainsey is still playing 20 a night on Pittsburgh. Any one of these guys would be a fine add on a short term contract. These guys are all LHD that could round out the left side with McCabe and Antipin. There are options out there to shore up the D.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Agreed. And there are names out there this year. Aside from the longshot top guys like Shattenkirk and Campbell, guys like Oduya, Daley, and Markov are all UFAs playing 20 a night on cup contenders. Hell, even Ron Hainsey is still playing 20 a night on Pittsburgh. Any one of these guys would be a fine add on a short term contract. These guys are all LHD that could round out the left side with McCabe and Antipin. There are options out there to shore up the D.

Nothing there even remotely interests me. I would have loved campbell last offseason but I think the wheels are coming off entirely. I'm not about to pay a ransom for shatty. Daley and hainsey play for pitt...they were close to waiver bait on their other teams.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

McCabe played a full year in the AHL and then a year on the 3rd pairing. He wasn't rushed despite the fact that there were no good players in his way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad