Player Discussion Brendan Gallagher: Workin' Hard for His Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julien LG

Dec 16, 2018
Gallagher needs to be in top cardio shape to be effective. He was anything special at the beginning of the year, both this year and last year scoring only 2 goals in the first 9 games (4 in 2019 and 5 in 2021) and keeps in mind Montreal was top shape as a team.
He wasnt good last playoffs either and right now either.

Aside from his stupid penalty, he looks a bit better last night from that perspective, he's more involved and for more than 20 sec before been out of gaz. Also Tatar on that line right now is an absolute crap and turn the puck over every single time. Gallagher needs that puck down low to be effective, not that up and down game because Tatar cant take a hit.

Jul 6, 2016
Winning two crucial elimination games in OT, and having the possibilty to win that series, is a huge confidence builder. The injured players are coming back to their full game shape now, Gally included.

Reactions: CanadiensChick

barbu

Jan 9, 2019
He looked hurt for most of the series but he was more like himself yesterday.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Intense yet ineffective

I think his cardio has come back.

He's not the type to dominate every night. We just need him to give us that one goal or at least be an offensive nuisance to build momentum here and there throughout the night.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
If it wasn't for that late Nylander goal he'd have our last 2 series-winning goals, he got the opener vs. Ottawa in Game 6 in 2015

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He's starting to get his energy level back, he was a lot more of a factor in game 7. You can tell he's pretty banged up already but you know he'll always give you 100% of what he has regardless.

Hoochi Papa

Oct 17, 2020
I really hope he works hard this summer. Warrior spirit is still there but his body can not keep up with it. This six year extension could be brutal if his skills and speed are already in decline. He use to be fast, feisty and hard to handle. The type of hockey he plays takes a toll on body, so Gally might have to reinvent part of his game.

Brendan won't stop playing after huge payday but I truly hope he's proactive and does whatever it take to get closer to former shape.

Reactions: Supersonic

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
To be fair to Gally he's playing on the shut down line. That limits his ability to go for it on offense.
The goal he scored last night was typical Gally. Shoot from anywhere, ya never know.

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
I really hope he works hard this summer. Warrior spirit is still there but his body can not keep up with it. This six year extension could be brutal if his skills and speed are already in decline. He use to be fast, feisty and hard to handle. The type of hockey he plays takes a toll on body, so Gally might have to reinvent part of his game.

Brendan won't stop playing after huge payday but I truly hope he's proactive and does whatever it take to get closer to former shape.

agreed with this post.

thing is, after watching last night, i’m reminded to be much more confident in a guy like Gallagher to put in 100% to earn his paycheque than the superstar Laffs players.

Hopefully he is inspired by the “new core” we have built

Apr 28, 2010
To be fair to Gally he's playing on the shut down line. That limits his ability to go for it on offense.
The goal he scored last night was typical Gally. Shoot from anywhere, ya never know.

I don't think his goal last night was a "shoot from anywhere" type of goal. He actually picked a spot and sniped it. Typical for him would be around the blue crease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad