Waived: Breaking: Hearing Rangers have waived Diaz, Megna.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Anyways this how i see he lineup right now:

Nash-Brass-Zucc
Kreider-Step-Hayes
Miller-Lingberg-Fast/Stalberg
Stoll/Moore-Stoll/Moore-Stalberg/Fast
Etem(13th rotating into lineup with Lindberg and Stalberg.

McDonagh-G
Staal-Boyle
Yandle-Klein
Mcilrath

I think Mcilrath subs in for Klein and Boyle here and there. May be good for keeping Boyle fresher throughout the season. I can see that 3rd pair leaping the 2nd pair

Last edited by a moderator:

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Anyways this how i see he lineup right now:

Nash-Brass-Zucc
Kreider-Step-Hayes
Miller-Lingberg-Fast/Stalberg
Stoll/Moore-Stoll/Moore-Stalberg/Fast
Etem(13th rotating into lineup with Lindberg and Stalberg.

McDonagh-G
Staal-Boyle
Yandle-Klein
Mcilrath

I think Mcilrath subs in for Klein and Boyle here and there. May be good for keeping Boyle fresher throughout the season. I can see that 3rd pair leaping the 2nd pair

I was thinking today that it would make sense to sub McIlrath in every other game for an alternating Klein and Boyle. Without any injuries on the blue line it would end up being something like
McIlrath - 40 games
Klein - 60
Boyle - 60
Let's McIlrath ease his way into the NHL and keeps Klein and Boyle fresher for the playoffs

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
He is hurting the team though. Look at how Moore plays with and without him. Look at how AV used the 4th line in previous years compared to how he has to baby them when Glass is on it.

I get the thinking that he's a good guy and there's a human element and all, but he undoubtedly hurts the team on the ice in terms of their ability to win hockey games.

Again, if they need a glue guy, that's fine, there's guys around who do that and aren't expensive. Find one that isn't the absolutely worst offensive skater in the league and who doesn't cost so much.

Whatever Moores WOWY numbers are in regard to Glass, the point al is making is that it doesn't seem to hurt us in the win column.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I don't have the numbers any more but I remember the Rangers Win% and possession numbers were better without Glass in the lineup. Of course the sample size wasn't big, 16 games.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Whatever Moores WOWY numbers are in regard to Glass, the point al is making is that it doesn't seem to hurt us in the win column.

It's easy to point to this when your team wins the President's Trophy, but if when you're on the ice your team scores only 33.33% of the goals, and that's 26.55% less than what your team does when you're not on the ice (all 5v5), I'm pretty sure you're hurting the W-L column.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
It's easy to point to this when your team wins the President's Trophy, but if when you're on the ice your team scores only 33.33% of the goals, and that's 26.55% less than what your team does when you're not on the ice (all 5v5), I'm pretty sure you're hurting the W-L column.

Or, more likely, the amount of ice time isn't enough to effectively sway the W-L column in either direction.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
In the context of how poorly Etem has played (even though he was better on Wednesday), this really makes a lot of sense.

Please don't respond with "but Glass is so bad." I'm talking about this from the perspective of a coach and management staff that likes him on the team. Glass played pretty well in preseason. Etem did not. But Etem has the caveat of not having played in this system and the coach being aware of those challenges. If the system is the problem for Etem, then he's going to be a player they really want to have in the lineup. Keeping Glass is a hedge against that not happening.

I think that's exactly the way the organization thought. Etem isn't ready to play to play--especially on the 4th line.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
If Diaz wanted to be an every day NHL player, why on earth did he sign with the Rangers, where he would be the 7th defenseman at the absolute best case scenario? Should've just gone to Europe over the summer.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'm hoping that as more players clear waivers, the Rangers can find a home for Glass. Wait for another player to pass through and hope that team has some interest

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Pittsburgh claims Diaz and he goes on to tear it up, this has to be all AV and not management.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Pittsburgh claims Diaz and he goes on to tear it up, this has to be all AV and not management.

Diaz has had a lot of opportunities to tear it up. He's not old, but not exactly a spring chicken either. While I won't say it's impossible, I will say that it's improbable that he suddenly tears it up. He is what he is.

Wolfy*

His career high in points is 16, so I'll be surprised if he tears it up anywhere.

Well, Diaz is definitely not a Ranger anymore, as we heard he refuses to play in the minors. Chances are, I'm afraid, he's picked up by a rival team after his good preseason. 1yr 700k is low risk.

So he could return as a Flyer, Devil, Penguin or Bruin, and put the puck in our net on the pp. Then I'd like to read the GDT ;)

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I wouldn't be so miffed about losing Diaz, he can't defend. And you can't have that in the line up when you're contending.

Diaz filled in for JMoore during the run to the finals, he was abused out there.

He just shoots a lot during his sheltered minutes so his fancy stats look decent.

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
While Glass didn't hurt our win-loss record last year, his cap hit will certainly hurt the team this year.

Trading a real forward like Moore to accommodate Glass' cap hit would hurt even more. Moving Etem for a small return will make the already unimpressive Hags trade look worse for Gorton.

Keeping an extra like Glass to make the coach happy is understandable when you're at the cap floor or have a middle of the road pay scale. It's stupid when you're at the cap ceiling and have this roster of forwards.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

You can't prove it so I don't know why you're bringing it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad