Waived: Breaking: Hearing Rangers have waived Diaz, Megna.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
If that's the team that is a very strong Ranger team. Perhaps lacking some offensive bite but more balanced and spread out throughout 4 lines and very defensively oriented. I like our chances again.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
"Why, after years of not dressing a fighter, have they not seen the negative consequences you're talking about, and changed their ways?"

Learn to type better, Guy 1.
That does not say they are one of the healthiest teams in the NHL the last few years.

I said they were healthy in 2014-15.

I said they haven't dressed a fighter in years and they haven't changed their ways due to the consequences.

Unfortunately, you can't just blend two different points together.

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
That does not say they are one of the healthiest teams in the NHL the last few years.

I said they were healthy in 2014-15.

I said they haven't dressed a fighter in years and they haven't changed their ways due to the consequences.

Unfortunately, you can't just blend two different points together.

Why, after years of not dressing a fighter, have they not seen the negative consequences you're talking about

I can blend two points together very well don't worry.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Why, after years of not dressing a fighter, have they not seen the negative consequences you're talking about

I can blend two points together very well don't worry.
So you're making the jump that the injury problems they had two years ago was because of their lack of fighters? And also cutting the last qualifier off my question (when you see the word AND, it means it's not a this point or that point thing, both need to be satisfied).

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
So you're making the jump that the injury problems they had two years ago was because of their lack of fighters? And also cutting the last qualifier off my question (when you see the word AND, it means it's not a this point or that point thing, both need to be satisfied).

Let's just put it this way.

After years of not dressing a fighter, the Red Wings have seen the negative consequences, apparently.
I'm sure not every injury can be traced back to that, but by no means can you make a statement that the Red Wings are healthy therefore you don't need guys that can fight.

They are not, and have not been healthy.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

After years of not dressing a fighter, the Red Wings have seen the negative consequences, apparently.
After years of dressing fighters, the Penguins have seen the same negative consequences, and more.

Wolfy*

This shows why we need fighting. Been some tough Rangers in the past, the tradition must continue ;)

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

I'm sure not every injury can be traced back to that, but by no means can you make a statement that the Red Wings are healthy therefore you don't need guys that can fight.

The Bruins were easily the toughest team in the league when their star got concussed out of the game and they then were the victims of multiple other dirty hits in the following years, probably more than any other team.

Having dirty players brings dirty play to you. Injuries aren't a sign of weakness, injuries from blatant dirty moves would be a sign that a team does or doesn't invite that kind of play. IMO, being a "tough" team brings other teams to you in a "tough" frame of mind and invites more dirty play.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
This shows why we need fighting. Been some tough Rangers in the past, the tradition must continue ;)

Some of the toughest came in the early 2000's I'd prefer not to go back to then to prove they are a tough team....

There is a difference between toughness and no skill and toughness with skill... Glass is the no skilled version

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Bring back Redden.

If you want to argue that the Rangers should play these players because it's entertaining to you, there could be no counterargument. But that's not the argument being made.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

I'm sure the majority of their injuries were unrelated to that which makes your claims even more ridiculous.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
How long until the spin doctors are claiming Tanner Glass helps star players from being injured by blocked shots and errant pucks?

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site

when i see these hits, man, it all seems way over the top and puts those players in so much real danger. I can see why there are class actions against leagues that allow this. I don't consider myself an anti-fighting fan, but it really makes me think the NHL should reconsider how the role of the fighter might evolve with the times. like if hockey gloves had a tear-away shell with MMA style gloves under them. the goal would be to have enforcement without all the severe injuries. players getting knocked the F out is really dangerous.

Wolfy*

when i see these hits, man, it all seems way over the top and puts those players in so much real danger. I can see why there are class actions against leagues that allow this. I don't consider myself an anti-fighting fan, but it really makes me think the NHL should reconsider how the role of the fighter might evolve with the times. like if hockey gloves had a tear-away shell with MMA style gloves under them. the goal would be to have enforcement without all the severe injuries. players getting knocked the F out is really dangerous.

You have some points there. NHL-rules are funny, a hit to the head is very very bad and could send you out for the rest of the game, suspension and you name it. But street fighting is just fine, which it actually is. Hockey fights are special because there is little or no protection, nothing on the hands, pure knuckle fights can cause some serious damage. And just one rule, you're no longer allowed to remove the helmet.

That being said, you almost never see any serious stuff after a fight. Most people can handle a knockout, usually get away with a concussion and a black eye. I guess that's why the league let it go. You also have the entertainment factor, crowd standing up and going crazy about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->