GDT: Break-Up Day

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
I'm pretty certain another rebuild isn't on anyone's mind in the near future

Only if this team doesn't shit the bed.

If you get a new coach and the team plays even more brain dead...if Panarin is still a Ranger after that were to transpire, we're better off scratching our eyes with shards of broken glass for 9 months out of the year for the next 3 years.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Not sure what to make of Drury not speaking yesterday. Kinda don’t like it tbh

Your moves blew up in your face and the team fell short, come out and own it

As long as Dolan is owner they’ll keep giving it a shot come hell or high water

He signed off on one “rebuild”, can’t see him doing another anytime soon
I found it very odd as well. Makes me think there's another shoe waiting to drop soon and he's waiting.

Even Sather whom almost never spoke to the media with the exception of July 1st would make an appearance on locker cleaning day.

I found it very odd as well. Makes me think there's another shoe waiting to drop soon and he's waiting.

Even Sather whom almost never spoke to the media with the exception of July 1st would make an appearance on locker cleaning day.
Since we're on the subject, if Gallant is getting fired, do it already and have the next coach onboard before the draft. They should be working cohesively with Drury on who to draft and who they do/don't like.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Exactly.

I've never said Kreider isn't a good player.

Graves had his chances, succeeded, and was knighted. Kreider had his chances and the team failed and those were all teams with Chris Kreider in a top role. We don't owe it to him to give him a 12th bite at the apple.

At some point, all things considered (and by "all things" I mean his fair but also large salary, his lack of elite numbers, and his age) he will be worth more to us off the roster than on the roster, especially if you can get a team to overpay for him in trade.

Which, I think, coming off 50 and 30 goal seasons with term, you could still absolutely get a team to give up a haul.
You have been on this trade Kreider kick for 2 years now. Give it a rest. He was their best forward this series and scored 6 goals and 9 points. Nobody was even close to that. Not to mention scoring 88 goals the last 2 years and still has elite skating ability which this team needs. Maybe somebody else should have stepped up and maybe Panarin and Mika could have scored more than 1 goal between them. Do you think that would have helped a little? Graves won because he had a team around him including Messier and Leetch. Stick to the trading Trouba thing because that makes a lot more sense.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
You have been on this trade Kreider kick for 2 years now. Give it a rest. He was their best forward this series and scored 6 goals and 9 points. Nobody was even close to that. Not to mention scoring 88 goals the last 2 years and still has elite skating ability which this team needs. Maybe somebody else should have stepped up and maybe Panarin and Mika could have scored more than 1 goal between them. Do you think that would have helped a little? Graves won because he had a team around him including Messier and Leetch. Stick to the trading Trouba thing because that makes a lot more sense.

If only they would trade Trouba.... you'd hear a lot less from me.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
I’m not sure if the “fire the assistants” approach will really work here. The country club, no accountability has festered and taken over with GG at the helm. Sure the assistants may improve the zone exits and whatever else but this core needs accountability in the worst way. They’ll just laugh at him like Trocheck did if he starts the tough guy approach now.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I’m not sure if the “fire the assistants” approach will really work here. The country club, no accountability has festered and taken over with GG at the helm. Sure the assistants may improve the zone exits and whatever else but this core needs accountability in the worst way. They’ll just laugh at him like Trocheck did if he starts the tough guy approach now.

Couldn't agree more.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Is there a video of this Trocheck thing? Can't believe a guy who has been here one year is already laughing in the coach's face. These assholes need a drill sergeant in the worst way.

Reactions: Cmox

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Honestly, it feels like any conversation other than “how do we get rid of Panarin” is pointless.

The team will not win the Cup with his salary on the books and him and his play style getting lots of minutes in the playoffs. He’s not going to revert back to 2020 form. His tricks aren’t going to start working all of a sudden.

Trouba is the next problem, but his warts are far less impactful than Panarin’s. He isn’t worth his contract, but he’s not actively hurting the team while he’s on the ice and actually does do a few things that are very helpful.

I believe we can win with Trouba on the roster. I don’t believe we can win with Panarin on the roster.

How do we get rid of Panarin? If we don’t, we’re going to flounder for three more seasons and the start over. I’d rather not wait that long.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Honestly, it feels like any conversation other than “how do we get rid of Panarin” is pointless.

The team will not win the Cup with his salary on the books and him and his play style getting lots of minutes in the playoffs. He’s not going to revert back to 2020 form. His tricks aren’t going to start working all of a sudden.

Trouba is the next problem, but his warts are far less impactful than Panarin’s. He isn’t worth his contract, but he’s not actively hurting the team while he’s on the ice and actually does do a few things that are very helpful.

I believe we can win with Trouba on the roster. I don’t believe we can win with Panarin on the roster.

How do we get rid of Panarin? If we don’t, we’re going to flounder for three more seasons and the start over. I’d rather not wait that long.

I'd work hard to lose both, frankly. Panarin, Goodrow, Trouba are the obvious candidates to be tarred and feathered after this disaster.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Artemi Panarin is the only player in the National Hockey League who thinks he can become stealth by ducking on open ice.

It was humorous when things were peachy. Now it's just moronic.

Relegate Panarin's Rangers from NHL and make them a "hockey entertainment" product where they can play choreographed exhibitions that showcase skill, humor and theater in their play.

Reactions: TheDirtyH and CLW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad