Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Just a bit of fun I'm having.

Also you just made it.
1683124890757.gif

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY

Is this really something you want to have out there Captain? Give me Sutter if this is the team's mentality

Its a touchy situation. U also dont want to shit on your teammates…

Also he’s not completely wrong. The Devils clearly elevated their game.

Edit: also its what a good leader does. Try to get some of the pressure off his teammates. U dont want to pile it on. That helps nobody and further strains the locker room.

DekeR

Jan 11, 2008
To me, it's not about the speed that was a disappointing result to the outcome. It was the disappointing result of having no urgency, backbone and competitiveness to actually win the series. There has to be some problem with the players and their nature to actually want to be a no show in the final 4 games. This is a problem on the players, if they had a will they would have overcome instead of no showing.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Beyond the discussions on mentality, to me, this team just has a Sutter roster.

Or not even specifically Sutter, but somebody who has a cycle-to-offense gameplan.

I want to add speed and think we need to in order to augment the roster, but the fact is, unless they just rebuild again, the core of this team is a bit slow.

We're also really big and have young players who are good at cycling.

To me, that's just the obvious direction to go in order to play the hand we're dealt.

The identity is there, we just haven't embraced it like the Devils embraced theirs, and added even more speed over the summer.

And it's not even that think we play a skill/perimeter game. We don't play any game. Kakko and Chytil are trying to play like the 2012 Kings because they're good at that and Panarin and Kane are trying to play like the 2015 Blackhawks because they're good at that.

You have to have one identity and apply the skills players have to doing that one thing. If they're just a complete non-fit, you move on.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015

Is this really something you want to have out there Captain? Give me Sutter if this is the team's mentality

he's right. we're gonna feel a lot better about losing in 7 games to the devils after they stomp carolina in 5.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Beyond the discussions on mentality, to me, this team just has a Sutter roster.

Or not even specifically Sutter, but somebody who has a cycle-to-offense gameplan.

I want to add speed and think we need to in order to augment the roster, but the fact is, unless they just rebuild again, the core of this team is a bit slow.

We're also really big and have young players who are good at cycling.

To me, that's just the obvious direction to go in order to play the hand we're dealt.

The identity is there, we just haven't embraced it like the Devils embraced theirs, and added even more speed over the summer.

And it's not even that think we play a skill/perimeter game. We don't play any game. Kakko and Chytil are trying to play like the 2012 Kings because they're good at that and Panarin and Kane are trying to play like the 2015 Blackhawks because they're good at that.

You have to have one identity and apply the skills players have to doing that one thing. If they're just a complete non-fit, you move on.

Do u really want to look at Sutters face every day? Looking at gallants is bad enough but Sutter might actually be worse.

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad