Value of: Brayden Point Next Contract

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Same exists in Dallas, Nashville, Vegas, Florida, and soon to be Seattle. Do you see any other team signing players at a tax discount? The constant factor in Tampa is the players want to be there and play and willing to take less money. There is more evidence proving that Taxes don't make a difference when you look at 4 out of the 5 teams in the league and realize that their players took 0 discounts (Maybe Karlsson in Vegas).

It's a factor of many things, not just one. Taxes are one of them as well as the team core the player wants to play with.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
It's a factor of many things, not just one. Taxes are one of them as well as the team core the player wants to play with.
You are right, it is a combination of things, but the major factors are team core, team environment, quality of life, weather, place to raise a family, and more. Taxes play a small part, which is proven by the contracts signed in places like Vegas, Dallas, Florida, and Nashville. The 5, soon to be 6 teams in the league who have no state income tax, still pay a federal income tax.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You are right, it is a combination of things, but the major factors are team core, team environment, quality of life, weather, place to raise a family, and more. Taxes play a small part, which is proven by the contracts signed in places like Vegas, Dallas, Florida, and Nashville. The 5, soon to be 6 teams in the league who have no state income tax, still pay a federal income tax.

I disagree that clear take home money plays a small part.

seventyz78

Sep 25, 2013
I disagree that clear take home money plays a small part.
How much of a “tax” discount did Vinny Lecavalier take when he signed his big contract? Players want to stay In Tampa bay because they like it and will take a discount to do so. I’ve been a fan of Tampa Bay in the dog days when they were terrible Craig Janney was arguably their best player. NOBODY was signing there as a free agent because of taxes! They have a great owner and a great organization now since VINIK has been the owner move on with the B.S tax crap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad