Player Discussion Brandon Montour

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Doesn't back down no matter what, plays his game regardless of situation, not afriad of shit, chippy and scrappy as all hell. Love it.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
I'd still like to see both he and Fowler paired with more physical, stay at home type guys to free them up a bit more, but I really like Montour's game a lot these recent weeks. He played 26:35 last night in what was likely the biggest game of the season to date, so it's pretty clear Carlyle sees a lot in him as well. It's pretty crazy to think that our top four is so young and talented and could (barring expansion draft) stick together for 4+ more seasons.

I just hope Montour is willing to take a cheap bridge deal this summer so we can have some cap flexibility.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
Glad to see he broke out of his mid season slump. His chirpiness is something that’s missing on our d. He literally does not care who’s face he gets into. Sometimes I wish Lindholm or Fowler did that too

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Glad to see he broke out of his mid season slump. His chirpiness is something that’s missing on our d. He literally does not care who’s face he gets into. Sometimes I wish Lindholm or Fowler did that too
Lindholm definitely does

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
I'd still like to see both he and Fowler paired with more physical, stay at home type guys to free them up a bit more, but I really like Montour's game a lot these recent weeks. He played 26:35 last night in what was likely the biggest game of the season to date, so it's pretty clear Carlyle sees a lot in him as well. It's pretty crazy to think that our top four is so young and talented and could (barring expansion draft) stick together for 4+ more seasons.

I just hope Montour is willing to take a cheap bridge deal this summer so we can have some cap flexibility.

Not sure if Carlyle sees a lot in Montour or it's just because he's paired with Fowler. RC sees Cam as his go to guy.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Ducks fans,

How has Montour been doing? Was my favourite prospect as he tore up the AHL a couple years ago. Thought he was certainly a #2/3D - #1PPQB guy.

I see Larsson has stepped on to the scene and Monty hasn't put up points thus far.

What have you guys seen from his play this season? Will he take a big step forward late this year or next?

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Ducks fans,

How has Montour been doing? Was my favourite prospect as he tore up the AHL a couple years ago. Thought he was certainly a #2/3D - #1PPQB guy.

I see Larsson has stepped on to the scene and Monty hasn't put up points thus far.

What have you guys seen from his play this season? Will he take a big step forward late this year or next?
Unnoticeable imo. He's really struggling getting his shots to the net. I firmly believe that RC is a bad coach for any offensive defensemen, so until RC goes Montour will not really develop his offensive game much.

Reactions: Beretta 390

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Ducks fans,

I'm with dracom. You could try to analyze him, and come away shaking your head a bit, but right now the entire team looks like they are being dragged down by poor coaching. How do you separate that from him as an individual?

Reactions: Beretta 390

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
The only game he looked dangerous was the game he looked like he decided “F it” and started attacking. It seriously looked like he blew off RC’s “system” and started playing aggressively.

But other than that, he truly had been unnoticeable as others have said.

It’s too bad.

Reactions: Arthuros

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
He looks disappointing just like all of our other defensemen

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Ducks fans,

to echo what others have said: I'd be interested to see him with a different coach.

That said, he's been one of this year's most disappointing players for me (though we have a lot of those). He has the Fowler like quality where he shoots at bad times. That needs to stop.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Unnoticeable imo. He's really struggling getting his shots to the net. I firmly believe that RC is a bad coach for any offensive defensemen, so until RC goes Montour will not really develop his offensive game much.

I don’t disagree that Carlyle probably impacts Montours on ice play but I’ll play devils advocate and say look at the likes of Niedermayer, Visnovsky and Fowler who were the opposite and all had career years in terms of offensive output under Carlyle.

He runs a terrible defensive system but I don’t think he’s ever really been someone that has held back defenders in terms of their on ice production and offensive ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad