Prospect Info: Brad Lambert, 30th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
If he was playing in a Finnish league, wouldn't he be fine with a little cold weather?

Hopefully, but in reality Finland's (at least Helsinki's) climate bears little resemblance to Winnipeg's. In winter it's more like Toronto and in summer it's like St. John's, Newfoundland. A much more temperate climate than that of Manitoba.

Reactions: kanadalainen

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Love the upside, huge year for him next year. Not sure if he's going to play in the summer world juniors, and will be very interested to see if he plays in the WHL next year.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Hopefully, but in reality Finland's (at least Helsinki's) climate bears little resemblance to Winnipeg's. In winter it's more like Toronto and in summer it's like St. John's, Newfoundland. A much more temperate climate than that of Manitoba.
Well in the video above its mentioned his father and grandmother lives in Saskatoon and he is happy to have family relatively close by. Based on that, hopefully he is ok to with the Winterpeg factor

Jaska

Oct 1, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
According to rumours in Finland a control freak. Making demands to teams and negotiating with others behind their backs. Might be a part of this "attitude problem", if son listens to him over his team.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Not sure if there was a top pair D available. Korchinski, Mateychuk, and Mintyukov all went early.

I was really hoping one of these three would be available at 14, yeah LHD not RHD but all three have the potential to be top pair D and possibly even #1D. I though McGrorty went about 5 picks to high, but he's still at least close to the other options that were available.

Lambert is a risk, but at 30 it's a risk worth taking IMO. Still not a homerun though, but if he does work though his issues he's got tremendous upside, but I think there is a good chance he busts and never getting to the NHL at all. I guess it's the right kind of risk though, because he's got the skills to be the best player in the draft, he just isn't all that likely to get there.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
According to rumours in Finland a control freak. Making demands to teams and negotiating with others behind their backs. Might be a part of this "attitude problem", if son listens to him over his team.
I listened to his post-draft media scrum and he told reporters he’s going to play wherever the Jets think is best. Here’s hoping that’s true.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I'm fine with this as a late 1st, especially being a 2nd 1st round pick. Take the risk.

I know some (at least one poster here) are disappointed it's not a RHD but none of them left say top pair to me so take the swing here and see what you have in the 2nd.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I'm fine with this as a late 1st, especially being a 2nd 1st round pick. Take the risk.

I know some (at least one poster here) are disappointed it's not a RHD but none of them left say top pair to me so take the swing here and see what you have in the 2nd.
You got it, tbc.

Jets were playing with house money with a pick that could’ve easily been a mid-50s pick. The Rangers won so we got it upgraded to #30. Might as well swing for the fences seeing as we already have a a runner on base in Rutger.

(Yes, the Goldeyes beat the top team in the league today, that’s not the only reason for this baseball reference, though.)

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
They passed on several good RHD. Odds are that they are all gone by 55.
And a few years down the road they’ll be trading away multiple 2nd’s/3rd’s to get some veteran defensemen onto the team :help:

While teams like Rangers, Hurricanes etc keep churning out young high potential defensemen.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Just finished reading the Black Book on him and BOY, they were not nice to him. Harped on and on and on about how poor his hockey sense is. Seems like a guy with elite tools but maybe not the toolbox.

I’m thinking maybe he was seen as a top 3 type a few years ago because he was playing against lesser competition who also didn’t have hockey sense but now that he’s up against other pros he’s being exposed.

Whatever, I still like the gamble.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
So what’s the issue with this kid being ranked so high but dropping so far???

Major character issues. Feels like he doesnt need to learn play two way game and his dad dictates everything

He's been "kicked" off 3 teams in Finland already. 3 teams in 2 years under 18.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Major character issues. Feels like he doesnt need to learn play two way game and his dad dictates everything

He's been "kicked" off 3 teams in Finland already. 3 teams in 2 years under 18.
This isn't true. There's no reports of Brad having any attitude issues. He has a dad who's meddling in the background and might have something to do with the constant team swapping, but I've never seen or heard anything that indicates Brad having a bad attitude. And he has not been "Kicked off" any team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad