Prospect Info: Brad Lambert, 30th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Jets go with a potential high floor, low ceiling, meh skater in McGroarty, and then do the opposite in drafting Lambert with a very high ceiling, is a very fast skater, but has a much lower floor - though, who knows how much of the lack of that production is due to illness, injury (WJ), and other untimely absences (missed training camp and pre-season this year). This Summer he's apparently been training with Gary Roberts, and he'll definitely be playing in the delayed World Junior's. Not a bad risk to take for the upgraded pick from the Copp trade.
As long as he's not training with Adam Oates... ;)

Reactions: GNP and ocdaddy

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Last time the Jets had 2 1st rounders they took a gamble on Stanley as their second pick

This time it's Lambert. Let's see how it turns out

Reactions: GNP and kylbaz

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Obviously a project.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone so unhappy to be drafted. The only time he cracked a smile was when they asked him about potentially playing his uncle one day.

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
How would you grade the Jets picks I'm ecstatic they got Lambert at 30

That report that McGroarty is a bad skater just means needs to spend the next few years working on it to make it a strength. I hear he is a scoring machine and hopefully he is trending upwards. Cheveldayoff doesn't often miss on 1st round picks.

So, when we do our prospect rankings this summer, where does Lambert fall? Above McGroarty?

That’s not a nice thing to say about Heinola!

McGroarty at the moment is a better prospect than Lambert. Lambert has a higher ceiling and hopefully he decides to come to N/A to play in the WHL. Best case scenario is he lights it up in the WHL and his stock skyrockets.

Last edited:

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
That report that McGroarty is a bad skater just means needs to spend the next few years working on it to make it a strength. I hear he is a scoring machine and hopefully he is trending upwards. Cheveldayoff doesn't miss on 1st round picks.

Have you forgotten Kristian Vesalainen ( 24th overall pick for jets 2017 )?
Vesalainen was a miss and flop as well.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Hopefully Brad fits well with Scheifele and Wheeler.
As soon as Lambert shows up to Winnipeg his father won't be there to wipe his nose
and drying his tears if Scheifele and Wheeler are giving a little-bit hard love.

Don't freeze totally in Winnipeg's cold winter.
Good luck kid Lambert.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Hopefully Brad fits well with Scheifele and Wheeler.
As soon as Lambert shows up to Winnipeg his father won't be there to wipe his nose
or drying his tears if Scheifele and Wheeler are giving a little-bit hard love.

Don't freeze totally in Winnipeg's cold winter.
Good luck kid Lambert.

If he was playing in a Finnish league, wouldn't he be fine with a little cold weather?

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Of course he might even be worth of the small risk with the Jets 2nd pick at the end of the 1st round. But honestly I see a very small possibility for him to become a really successful NHL player.

Some people here have already pointed out that he is likely the fastest and best skater in the whole draft. He even has pretty good hands, and an ok shot as well. But that’s unfortunately where the good things end.

I saw him play in almost all his games last two seasons, and I have to say that I don’t like his hockey IQ at all. He is all about his fast skating and hanging on to the puck until he loses it eventually. If he rarely passes, he is usually inaccurate or late with his passes and causes difficulties to his teammates with this type of play. He is also lackluster with his defensive play, despite having the skating to be good with it if he really wanted to.

His dad is also a control freak who is demanding always the best spot for his son to play in and when it doesn’t happen they have changed teams. Happened already four times in last two years in Liiga. There has been also constant rumors about negotiations happening with several different teams during the season.

He seems like quite a problematic player who really is lacking with hockey IQ and character. Of course he could become a real gem if he somehow magically found himself a decent hockey IQ and a spine. Just doesn’t seem to me that it’s very likely to happen.

Last edited:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Of course he might even be worth of the small risk with the Jets 2nd pick at the end of the 1st round. But honestly I see a very small possibility for him to become a really successful NHL player.

Some people here have already pointed out that he is likely the fastest and best skater in the whole draft. He even has pretty good hands, and an ok shot as well. But that’s unfortunately where the good things end.

I saw him play in almost all his games last two seasons, and I have to say that I don’t like his hockey IQ at all. He is all about his fast skating and hanging on to the puck until he loses it eventually. If he rarely passes, he is usually inaccurate or late with his passes and causes difficulties to his teammates with this type of play. He is also lackluster with his defensive play, despite having the skating to be good with it if he really wanted to.

His dad is also a control freak who is demanding always the best spot for his son to play and when it doesn’t happen they have changed teams. Happened already four times in last two years in Liiga. There has been also constant rumors about negotiations happening with several different teams during the season.

He seems like quite a problematic player who really is lacking with hockey IQ and character. Of course he could become a real gem if he somehow magically found himself a decent hockey IQ. Just doesn’t seem to me that it’s very likely to happen.

All those ego/attitude issues... looks like he would fit right in with the Jets :laugh:

This kid's parents really need to cut the cord and let him come to NA and play without their interference. A season with a billet family without his family inserting themselves in his hockey could be what he needs.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Anyone with the Athletic, a nice interview pre draft.

I love how we're gonna have the Finnish mafia foaming at the mouth again in our forum. Christ.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: