Prospect Info: Brad Lambert, 30th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm still in relative shock the Jets actually made this selection. I figured with how the board fell it would be Howard or Chesley, for sure. I thought the concerns about Lambert would steer them away and go a different direction entirely. I never figured he would really be in play, personally.

Boy, I am happy I was wrong, and I am really glad that the Jets swung for the home-run pick at #30.

With all due respect to the other selections, but when you are hearing the terms like "third line forward", "role for him in the NHL" etc. thrown around and slapped on picks in front of Lambert, it kind of puts things into perspective here. The Jets did extremely well when you consider the ceiling of what they were able to secure in Lambert.

Lambert is absolutely electric. His skating is out flat out ridiculous. Any time you are able to add a prospect like him to a pool at the end of the first round, you make it happen, and you ask questions later.

It's now up to him. If he's going to come (hopefully) to Seattle in the WHL and play with a chip on his shoulder, with something to prove, the Jets might have gotten one of the steals in the entire draft here.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
That report that McGroarty is a bad skater just means needs to spend the next few years working on it to make it a strength. I hear he is a scoring machine and hopefully he is trending upwards. Cheveldayoff doesn't miss on 1st round picks.

McGroarty at the moment is a better prospect than Lambert. Lambert has a higher ceiling and hopefully he decides to come to N/A to play in the WHL. Best case scenario is he lights it up in the WHL and his stock skyrockets.
Uhmmm, I think that is hard to back up given recent picks.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
Aavgard 2.0? :laugh:
Aavgard.

Aavgard.

Aavgard...

1657254065402.gif
1657254105002.gif

1657254122278.gif

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
If he was playing in a Finnish league, wouldn't he be fine with a little cold weather?
Yeah that's true.
But we don't have cold winters in Southern Finland so often anymore
thanks to global warming and climate change.

Last 2 winters ( 2021 and 2022 ) have been freezing cold but 2020 winter
was only pure September whole goddamn time.

Lets see what future brings for Brad Lambert.
But one thing is sure no more excuses etc bullshit now it's time to start working
and reach that potential what Lambert has in his store.
Hopefull Jets can make that very clear for Ross Lambert also because he's been the mastermind
all those team changes etc turbulence around Brad.

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Jets have a fairly deep defensive prospect pool. We were a bit light in potential top 6 forwards. This helps us out there.

We are very light on top pair D prospects and especially on the right side.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Jets have a fairly deep defensive prospect pool. We were a bit light in potential top 6 forwards. This helps us out there.
Yeah, Jets are missing impact pieces in the D pipeline but have good depth. If there wasn’t a stud D prospect at our spots then I’m fine recouping some forward depth. Still hoping we take a D at 55 unless Trikozov or Firkus fall.

Sucks we’re a year away from our next first round pick, though.

Reactions: surixon

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Surprised islanders didn’t make a play to get him. Big insider there.
Perhaps inside knowledge is why they didn't. Maybe Lane told them, my brother's a head case and he's f***ed his kid up for life. Not a fan of this pick but we'll see how he turns out. But my gut feeling is Chevy swung for the fences and struck out.

Reactions: Ippenator

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
We are very light on top pair D prospects and especially on the right side.
Not sure if there was a top pair D available. Korchinski, Mateychuk, and Mintyukov all went early. At #30 I’m not sure if you get an impact D, so I’m fine with the Lambert swing.

We should be able to get someone we really like at 55 anyway.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
I'm not a fan of the Lambert pick at all. But I do see the potential. Uber boom/bust pick we got.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
So what’s the issue with this kid being ranked so high but dropping so far???
He's a really really good skater who lacks some game sense; forcing plays, taking too long to pass/shoot, doesn't really know how to get himself open. I also thing he's not engaged enough physically, might be because he doesn't have the physique for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00