Half-Assed GDT: Bozak is back in Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
These goalie arguments remind me of the good old days of Allen vs Elliott. Both sides are dug in

i just hope the Blues don’t jerk Husso around like they did Elliott. I always thought they did him wrong when he was here

Wait- there are Blues fans that think Binnington should be the starter? I watch a lot of Blues games, not all of them though, and I don’t question who should be the Blues starter. Husso ainec.

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
We'll have to see how he sustains his play. If he keeps this up then someone is gonna throw the money bags at him. I hope the Blues can keep him though.
I hope so too, but if he keeps up this play the rest of the year he’s going to earn a contract bigger than the Blues can afford to give him.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
came for the Binner apology tour to justify a Blues win with husso in net yet again. i was not disappointed.

Kind of sad but whatever floats your boat I guess.

I'm wondering what more does Krug have to do to win over this fan base? The definition of a heart and soul guy who leaves everything on the ice. Love that guy.

Puck Luck

Jan 13, 2021
Wait- there are Blues fans that think Binnington should be the starter? I watch a lot of Blues games, not all of them though, and I don’t question who should be the Blues starter. Husso ainec.
Husso is playing better right now, but the team has invested in Binny and we’ve seen how good he can be. He has not been playing well for a while now, and IMO, i think it’s good that he’s benched, but if the team thinks he’s the #1 goalie, they have to play him. He’s not going to get out of his funk without getting more starts and a good Binny is good for the team

Cotton McKnight

He left, get over it!
Feb 6, 2009
Siloam Springs
Husso’s going to be one of the more highly sought after free agents this summer. Curious to see if any team is willing to hitch their wagon to him and give him a starter’s contract. Edmonton? San Jose(do they have the cap?) God forbid Colorado if Kuemper walks?

If they [COL] could not keep Grubauer and happen to lose Kemper, I just think it means they're not going to spend the required $$$ for a quality goalie. I am hoping that DA can get Husso signed to a modest deal. Then DA has to figure out what to do about Binner.

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
How Leafs fans think this team is a contender is beyond me. Hit them a few times and they just collapse. No chance they hang with teams like Florida, Carolina, Pittsburgh, Tampa etc. come playoff time.
How can Toronto not be considered a contender? PO results over the last 5 years? Well guess that makes Florida a wash-out too right? Bizarre the blatant disregard of facts/stats

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
How can Toronto not be considered a contender? PO results over the last 5 years? Well guess that makes Florida a wash-out too right? Bizarre the blatant disregard of facts/stats
It’s almost like Florida’s roster has more significantly changed during that time, and those two teams aren’t a remotely good comparison. You can go back to your Leafs board now where your feelings won’t get hurt.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

They have literally addressed none of their issues and they have 11 million a year players that f***ing vanish in the playoffs. Also to top it off, anytime a team decides to punch them in the mouth so to speak they lose their nerve.

Oh and a shit GM.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
He didn’t mention PO results in his argument; he referenced their style of play. If you’re going to argue, don’t create and argue against a false narrative.

Reactions: PJJJP

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
honest question... do you think TOR is better than Florida, Carolina, Tampa? because that's who they're gonna have to go thru to get the finals

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Remember how the Caps used to win a ton of regular season games and then collapse every playoffs and people acted mystified before they hired a competent coach and drastically changed the way they played? That’s who the Leafs are. They’re the pre-Trotz Caps. They can score all the goals and win all the games they want to in the regular season. It doesn’t matter. They aren’t constructed to win in the playoffs.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
It was a fun game to watch, but I can’t imagine a real contender would allow the Blues to have such easy zone entry and so many odd-man rushes. I never had the impression Toronto was a defensive juggernaut, but it was jarring how soft they played in that game.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Oh such experts here - I guess 1 cup in 55 years makes the fan base know EXACTLY what it takes. Gotcha! I say the Leafs are contenders just as any team in the top third of the league, which I think may include St. Louis. Not the odds on favorite. Leafs shouldn't be dismissed just as the Wild, the Canes, Florida etc. But I understand, the Leaf hate is strong and people tend to throw out rational thought when the hate takes over. I'm unfamiliar with the Blues board - is it thin skinned like the Bruins board or are there adults here?

Lol, you don't seem to be a poster child for maturity. No need to take it personally. The Leafs style of play generally doesn't translate well to playoff hockey, but I will say they have enough talent that it wouldn't surprise me to see them break through eventually. They have improved their defense, Campbell is providing good goaltending, and additions like Bunting make them more physical than they have been in recent years. But until they prove they can win in the playoffs, you can't blame people for doubting their chances to win a Cup.

I look at them similarly to the Oilers. They have the firepower to overwhelm teams in the regular season, but you can't simply expect to score 4+ goals per game in the postseason and expect to win many games that way. No one hates the Leafs here, although I must say the arrogance of some Leaf fans on these boards makes me want to root against them.

He must be a Canadian version of a republican. Like a wild rose tory or some other type of nutjob with compromised DNA.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
The last time Toronto won the cup there was only 6 teams and that trend isn’t ending anytime soon.

The only time we’d play Toronto in the playoffs is if we both met in the Finals.

Husso, Binny, whatever, just win.

Reactions: Blueston

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
fact of the matter is the blues are the last team to win a cup under normal circumstances. 1 cup in 55 years is better than what the leafs have done. jeremy roenick sent them home in the 2nd round like 20 years ago and that franchise hasnt sniffed it since. they got clowned by the BLUE JACKETS and HABS the past 2 years. aint exactly NHL powerhouses.

when you havent made the second round since ed belfour was your goaltender, its silly to go to opposing teams boards and whine about how they view the franchise. as you can clearly see, not too many fanbases would ever be concerned playing the leafs in a 7 game series.

i will ALWAYS cheer for the team who plays toronto, san jose, colordo and vancouver, simply because of their fanbases. In fact, I would root for the HAWKS & WINGS over them. If a nightmare matchup of Vancouver/Toronto ever happened, thats when a difficult choice would have to be made. But no need to worry about that for atleast another decade or two.

Last edited:

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Lol, you don't seem to be a poster child for maturity. No need to take it personally. The Leafs style of play generally doesn't translate well to playoff hockey, but I will say they have enough talent that it wouldn't surprise me to see them break through eventually. They have improved their defense, Campbell is providing good goaltending, and additions like Bunting make them more physical than they have been in recent years. But until they prove they can win in the playoffs, you can't blame people for doubting their chances to win a Cup.

I look at them similarly to the Oilers. They have the firepower to overwhelm teams in the regular season, but you can't simply expect to score 4+ goals per game in the postseason and expect to win many games that way. No one hates the Leafs here, although I must say the arrogance of some Leaf fans on these boards makes me want to root against them.
They will go nowhere as long as their D stays the same kitten soft peewee D it has been for the past 10 years or so. Plus they havent had a legit NHL goalie since Belfour. For some reason, they always tend to think these backup goalies that play in the Pacific are capable of being #1's, then they go to Toronto and their career turns into a mess because of that D in front of them.

Oilers are a much better team than the Leafs IMO and I would have no problems at all watching them make a deep playoff run sometime soon.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006

I’ve been a Leafs fan for a loooooong time.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Toronto wanted to talk so much crap about us losing against Montreal on OT. Well look what's happening now.
giphy.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad