Half-Assed GDT: Bozak is back in Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Toronto is built the same way every single year. They are a great regular season team but I think Dubas is missing the mark on making the necessary changes. That’s a soft team. If things get physical in the playoffs, who besides Wayne Simmonds is able to push back?

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Toronto is built the same way every single year. They are a great regular season team but I think Dubas is missing the mark on making the necessary changes. That’s a soft team. If things get physical in the playoffs, who besides Wayne Simmonds is able to push back?
think they got Nick Ritchie for that but....

to quote Bob Ueker... swing.. and a miss

Reactions: A Real Barn Burner

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Mikkola is a pleasant surprise this year. If he played for the us the next 10 years, I wouldn’t complain. He keeps getting better and better.
He keeps on improving, stepping up his physical game big time, jumping up into the play to help our forwards in The O-Zone, now also driving the net, and now making some good, strong shots. He's miles better, now, than he was last season. But, he still has spells of succumbing to forecheck pressure, and making ill-advised or just weak, inaccurate passes, or losing the puck to poke checkers. Once he cleans that up, he'll be a VERY solid 2nd pairing D-man.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I am partial to beating up on the leafs! My first playoff game I got so see Gretzky feed Hull for the winner in that series!

The internet was to new to properly rejoice in Leaf Tears!
I'd rather play the Hawks 20 games a season than have to deal with the Tor fanbase more than 2 times a year.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I'm not blaming Husso for any of those goals, I am calling out douche bags like you for hypocrisy. You'll whine like a baby if Binnington gives up that identical goal but are oddly silent when Husso does.
Husso made several great saves, plus a lot of really good saves in this game. Had he just played average (which is better than Binnington has played in his last 4-5 games), The Leafs probably would have gotten ahead by a few goals in The 2nd, and the entire direction of the game would have gone differently. From how I see it, based on how both have played over the past month, had Binnington played this game, The Blues probably would have lost.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Nice victory. Bunting gives me big Dustin Brown vibes.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
just read thru the TOR GDT

wow.. hard to read actually.. some sane folks but LOTS of whining about TOR not getting calls (league based conspiracy against them..lol) and trashing their goalie, when they should have been trashing their defense.. or the mgmt team that built them to do nothing but score goals and not prevent them

inconsistent or not, ya gotta tip your hat to Army for the depth this team has

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Husso made several great saves, plus a lot of really good saves in this game. Had he just played average (which is better than Binnington has played in his last 4-5 games), The Leafs probably would have gotten ahead by a few goals in The 2nd, and the entire direction of the game would have gone differently. From how I see it, based on how both have played over the past month, had Binnington played this game, The Blues probably would have lost.

The people I am referring to date back to a lot longer than 4 -5 games.

Huh?

LOL

that’s weird

Hey everybody! Don’t give Crappy Veteran a weapon. He will miss.

Same old from someone that really has no idea what they're talking about. lol

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
The people I am referring to date back to a lot longer than 4 -5 games.

Same old from someone that really has no idea what they're talking about. lol
Right! It was such weird post that had nothing to do with the silly Binner vs Husso “debate”.

It was simply one more of my goofy jokes right after Husso apparently gave up a softie.

Loosso as in Loose Husso.

Tighten up Ville!

Too bad Crappy Veteran has a poor shot.

I’m still laughing. I think my feelings were supposed to be hurt.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
I'd rather play the Hawks 20 games a season than have to deal with the Tor fanbase more than 2 times a year.
Canuck and Maple Leaf fans are the worst of the worst IMO. I'd put Shark and Avalanche fans up there with them from the US side though.

Its why I get so much glee every spring when they find a new way to exit in the first round lol. Or in Vancouver's case missing the playoffs entirely.

I did not watch the game but the boxscore shows Husso played well, which is all that really matters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cotton McKnight

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Husso’s going to be one of the more highly sought after free agents this summer. Curious to see if any team is willing to hitch their wagon to him and give him a starter’s contract. Edmonton? San Jose(do they have the cap?) God forbid Colorado if Kuemper walks?
We'll have to see how he sustains his play. If he keeps this up then someone is gonna throw the money bags at him. I hope the Blues can keep him though.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad