• Bowen Byram

Votes: 74 20.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Hughes, it's not that close right now.

Byram can become the more complete defenceman but it's not a great comparison. Hughes' defensive game has been quite good this season, with only a poor defensive season in his sophomore year. The perceived difference of Byrams defensive play is dwarfed by the gap in offensive production.

Byram is stuck behind the top pair which limits PP opportunities but would he be used as a 1D if the Avs didn't have Makar, I don't necessarily think so.

I think Byram vs Seider would be a better comparison.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Good thing the Aves don't have Hughes. If Byram is - 2 against an expansion team in a pivotal game 5 when Makar is gone then Hughes would be like - 15 at least.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Good thing the Aves don't have Hughes. If Byram is - 2 against an expansion team in a pivotal game 5 when Makar is gone then Hughes would be like - 15 at least.
:laugh::laugh:

How’s Byram’s jock strap ur breathing out of

You’re assuming Byram even has an impact in the first place with his sheltered ass minutes

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Empty calories discussion for Snickers eaters. Go grab your knives and forks and enjoy a Snickers.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Literal playoff Jesus Byram kept his over matched team close. But in the end the Aves tell short.

Little doubt with Hughes that the Aves would have lost 7-0.

• Haha
Reactions: LemonSauceD

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
I'll still take Byram over Hughes on the Avs and think he'll have a better career if healthy. That healthy part is very important though, availability is as important as ability. Hughes will have a nice career but his limitations will hold him back from being the number 1 on an elite team. I see him as the Gaudreau of dmen, while Byram could be the Kucherov of dmen.
agreed

• Haha
Reactions: LemonSauceD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad