Average ice time per game: 23:54

Bowen Byram
Games played: 106
Goals: 15
Assists: 35
Average ice time per game: 19:44

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I have Hughes quite far ahead right now. With Byram playing ~behind Makar and splitting the remaining powerplay minutes with guys like Toews/Girard, he will never have the same opportunity as Hughes unless he's traded, so imo it's not a fair comparison based on their positions within the lineup.

edit:

I'd be curious about Byram vs. Sanderson/Drysdale and how that would all play out

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Reality says I’m right.
Reality says your wrong

It makes sense to prefer Byram when you already have Makar. Byram is better defensively and (this year at least) the is the better goal scorer. Byram is the better complement to Makar, whether as a line mate or as a 1D on the 2nd line.
Byram looks better because he gets sheltered minutes compared to Hughes. Hughes is the better defender/puck handler. Byram is the better goal scorer though

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
90% of Avs fans :sarcasm:
It makes sense to prefer Byram when you already have Makar. Byram is better defensively and (this year at least) the is the better goal scorer. Byram is the better complement to Makar, whether as a line mate or as a 1D on the 2nd line.
When Avs fans say they would keep Byram over Hughes. After what we say is forgotten or ignored. The bolded one is what some Nucks fans just see. When we factor salary and role on the team we would rather keep Byram since Hughes wouldn't get the role he is having in Vancouver with Makar on the team. Salary wise knowing the fact that we will lose one of Toews or Girard we need cheap dman in our top 4 with top pairing potential that can take Makar's role if injured.

As for the poll it's pretty much impossible not to go with Hughes with him being the better player right now, healthy and having the opportunities he's having in Vancouver. So yeah I have to go with Hughes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad