Post-Game Talk: Bouchare score in Montreale

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Skinner at 903 now, didn't see that coming. Amazing what tightening up the D can do, he looks decent now that he isn't facing tons of high danger chances every night. He's made some good saves not being exhausted every game.

I bet Campbell would be ok now too but Pickard has done well so no point in swapping them.

mooseman7

Jan 10, 2004
Visit site
Skinner was good
Montreal's PK did a pretty decent job
RNH was the worst player on the ice tonight on

Lolol amd they want people to buy electric cars 🤣🤣
Someone in an earlier post , mentioned that technology has advanced to the point where u can reverse the charge from your car to the grid , to help charge up the grid ! 😅😅 .
I wanted to bite on that one, but didn't want to be a dick ..
It's this type of thinking that's going to take us back to the stone age. I guess if I need 10 bucks, and u have 10 bucks ,but u need you 100 bucks back , all I have to do , is give u 10 bucks and we're both rich ! 😅

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Skinner at 903 now, didn't see that coming. Amazing what tightening up the D can do, he looks decent now that he isn't facing tons of high danger chances every night. He's made some good saves not being exhausted every game.

I bet Campbell would be ok now too but Pickard has done well so no point in swapping them.
The team tightened up their game but so did Skinner. He was just as trash as the rest of the team early on.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

I think Campbell will eventually get a look behind the improved D structure if he actually starts playing good in the AHL.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
im no leaf blower but with the way the oilers have been playing i think itll be a struggle next game
No, you're not a Leaf blower. THIS is a leaf blower.

1705262791625.png

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Kane isn't even hitting on this roadtrip. The Oilers were playing the smaller Habs and getting outhit. That is inexcusable. Adam Erne on this trip was our big hitter, and we need some players bringing that and reason enough to have him in the lineup. Erne hits are not lovetaps either. He erases some people. Finishes real good. Its an aspect of his game people not picking up on much.

Kane is supposedly playing hurt (groin). I don’t know why we don’t let hurt players rest up on this team. Seems like it happens a lot. Sure, you have to like the willingness. But call up Holloway and play him with Draisaitl. Let Kane heal up. It’s not that complicated.

OddManRush

Mar 22, 2022
44 years to get a 10 game winning streak. Wild when you think about it. Let’s make it 11 on Tuesday boys!

Reactions: elmeroil

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton

That's not really a contradiction to what I noted.

The things that make a high character hockey player more likely to bare down and win aren't necessarily the same things that make a high character person be a good person.

Eakins is an idiot but he had a relatively salient point in this regard - "we're not looking for future son-in-law's here."

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Kane is supposedly playing hurt (groin). I don’t know why we don’t let hurt players rest up on this team. Seems like it happens a lot. Sure, you have to like the willingness. But call up Holloway and play him with Draisaitl. Let Kane heal up. It’s not that complicated.
Pull a Tampa/Vegas and put Kane on LTIR until the playoffs lets us add a 5M player or 2 at 2.5

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Desharnais playing very good hockey as of late. Kulak too, but his sample size is small.

They are dominating lower comps. Well also our bottom 6 has done a great job of keeping the puck hemmed in the o-zone. But not very often are we seeing lots of cycle time in our end when Vinny/Kulak are out. And when it does happen Vinny has been good in cycle busting and moving the puck out in the right direction.

Ekholm-Bouch play with the best 1st line in the business and great at stifling any attempt to get into our zone in the neutral zone. Which would explain their elite numbers.

I would say Nurse-Ceci aren’t on here cause they spend the most time in our own end. Nurse is great at busting up plays in the neutral zone with his stick, skating, and anticipation but Im guessing they are going up against the oppositions best forwards so that zone time in our end still happens more for them.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Pull a Tampa/Vegas and put Kane on LTIR until the playoffs lets us add a 5M player or 2 at 2.5

How bout this for a plan. A week before TDL Nurse goes down with an “injury” freeing up 9.25M for the TDL. While Nurse is “recovering” we move Kulak up a slot, who’s shown he can handle it if his game is in playoff mode, and then Broberg gets regular ice time on the 3rd pair to prepare to be an emergency option in the playoffs. Broberg finally gets his ice time, we have a boatload of money to spend at the TDL, and Nurse starts the playoffs fully rested and fully healthy.

Reactions: McSuper

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
How bout this for a plan. A week before TDL Nurse goes down with an “injury” freeing up 9.25M for the TDL. While Nurse is “recovering” we move Kulak up a slot, who’s shown he can handle it if his game is in playoff mode, and then Broberg gets regular ice time on the 3rd pair to prepare to be an emergency option in the playoffs. Broberg finally gets his ice time, we have a boatload of money to spend at the TDL, and Nurse starts the playoffs fully rested and fully healthy.
Right out of the Vegas and T-Bay playbook. :nod:

Reactions: oilers4life5

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
The whole LTIR thing has made people absolutely loopy. Nobody has thrown players on LTIR who weren't actually hurt.

Reactions: RegDunlop

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The whole LTIR thing has made people absolutely loopy. Nobody has thrown players on LTIR who weren't actually hurt.

I don’t trust a league that can’t even enforce its own rules on a day to day basis or CBA to be able to parse out what’s LTIR f***ery or not. The NHL is too incompetent to beleive they are keeping win-at-all-costs teams in line.

In fact, I heard a radio hit from a former player who said he was asked to go on LTIR from the team and did so at the request of the team. Shit like that does happen.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
I don’t trust a league that can’t even enforce its own rules on a day to day basis or CBA to be able to parse out what’s LTIR f***ery or not. The NHL is too incompetent to beleive they are keeping win-at-all-costs teams in line.

In fact, I heard a radio hit from a former player who said he was asked to go on LTIR from the team and did so at the request of the team. Shit like that does happen.

ya and Tootoo said he demanded to be put on LtIR because he didnt want to go down to the AHL, and they told him they’d get the doctors to sort it out (they did)

so that guy saying it doesnt happen is just completely verifiably wrong, not to mention that there are for certain plenty of teams getting away with it with NDAs/and or conditions to guarantee player complicity That we just don’t know about.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Maybe not, but it’s amazing how many guys recover to play the day after the regular season is done.
I think you would be amazed how many guys have use back from injury in general in hockey. Lots of guys aren’t 100% recovered and still end up playing. In those LTIR situations more guys are taking the full recovery time

ozhenson

Jul 26, 2007

What player was that? Seems something like this being stated aloud would ruffle alot of wrong feathers.

Reactions: Duke74

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
ya and Tootoo said he demanded to be put on LtIR because he didnt want to go down to the AHL, and they told him they’d get the doctors to sort it out (they did)

so that guy saying it doesnt happen is just completely verifiably wrong, not to mention that there are for certain plenty of teams getting away with it with NDAs/and or conditions to guarantee player complicity That we just don’t know about.

Agreed. Now if Bettman showed any emphasis on ensuring fairness and integrity in this League i may think otherwise. But he has zero history of that, in fact the exact opposite.

What player was that? Seems something like this being stated aloud would ruffle alot of wrong feathers.

It was awhile ago now so I can’t quite remember the name. But it was from awhile back. I made a mental note of it at the time cause it outraged me, but weed usage has erased that lol.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
That is a good idea but there is more to it than simply back feeding. There has to be safety checks to ensure the power being back fed can be isolated or linemen could be electrocuted unintentionally. That is one of elons best ideas though.

*Tesla engineers best ideas

Reactions: alanschu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad