Post-Game Talk: Bouchare score in Montreale

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Draisaitl1-664x350.jpg

View attachment 803000
Dallas Eakins sends his regards.

(Seriously though couldn’t be happier with their accomplishment last night)

Norm knew years ago ... Germans love David Hasselhoff:

Draisaitl1-664x350.jpg

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Winning 10 in a row is awesome but beating Toronto Tuesday night puts a cherry on top
I kind of worry about that game. First game back after road trip and setting team record..... Usually means a night off. But maybe it's a good thing it's against Toronto.. boys shouldt not have any problems getting up for this game

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I’ve been saying since camp he is the best on the team at defending the red zone around the net. A lot of people on here were saying he doesn’t belong in the nhl. Radio silence from them now.
Agreed, though he's found a higher level since the coaching change

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Some team will undoubtedly offer Desharnais 1.5-2m as a UFA, just based on his gigantic frame and pk ability. The time to get him on a cheap extension was last summer. His agent is probably advising him to at least gauge the market, and he’d be wise to do so as it could be life changing money for him.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Exactly, Bobby Orr and all the other great stars that played here. Like @harpoon mentioned, just a very low IQ fan base that like to whine and cry. Wouldn't be surprised if some of them called 911 to report McDavid.
Probably try to call him in for speeding.

He’s skating too fast, it’s not fair

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I’ve been saying since camp he is the best on the team at defending the red zone around the net. A lot of people on here were saying he doesn’t belong in the nhl. Radio silence from them now.
Hockey though is so hard to isolate and the way the UNITs and team are playing on ice is immensely helping its individual players. While I agree that Desharnais is effective boxing out and defending closer to net he's less effective rush stopping. Particularly oddman rush or unchecked rushes with speed. However by unit play and conforming to details the team are not giving up a ton of rush chances and are not being caught up ice as often now.

The whole units on ice are now much better at Ozone play and active use of sticks and blocking. The Oilers are blocking so much right now, while I don't have the statistics it seems much harder, even on PP for teams to get clean shots on us.

Just as I stated that good coaching immensely benefitted former D like Jason Smith and Staios, the good coaching now is allowing incomplete D with limited skillsets to succeed within the team system used. As long as the team are buying in the all of our D will benefit. We could be plugging Ethan Bear into this and he probably looks better.

One can't, jmo, look at the indepent micro player results without looking at the quantum macro change in team play that is allowing these benefits.

Everybody is buying in now. Team play is occurring.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I'll be at that Seattle game.
I hope we're going for 12 that night.
Hell yes!!!!!

Both of these teams look better than they are because of the league's broken point system. Neither of them are particularly good at winning games in regulation. The Leafs have given at least a point to their opponents in 27/40 games and the Kraken in 27/42.

Holding on to get to overtime isn't going to be a winning strategy against this Oilers team that is 5-1 after regulation (with our only OT loss coming in a game we didn't have McDavid).
Agreed. Lately we seem to play to our opponents level though. So hopefully we will step up.

Reactions: RegDunlop

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
I can’t believe they’ve already caught LA in the standings, unreal

I thought MAYBE by the end of the year if everything went perfectly

Caught them before the halfway mark somehow, just unbelievable

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
when you’re a bounce away from an L in OT that’s the definition of barely winning. If any of the shooters all game long were Matthews or Nylander we probably lose.

We got outshot 12-3 by Chicago in the 3rd and barely hung on and the other 2 were Ot wins, fairly dicey ones at that. Toronto will beat us if we’re not a lot better. Our offence and PP have been pretty weak against soft teams lately.
They are getting nothing from their bottom six and Kane. That can't continue

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Hockey though is so hard to isolate and the way the UNITs and team are playing on ice is immensely helping its individual players. While I agree that Desharnais is effective boxing out and defending closer to net he's less effective rush stopping. Particularly oddman rush or unchecked rushes with speed. However by unit play and conforming to details the team are not giving up a ton of rush chances and are not being caught up ice as often now.

The whole units on ice are now much better at Ozone play and active use of sticks and blocking. The Oilers are blocking so much right now, while I don't have the statistics it seems much harder, even on PP for teams to get clean shots on us.

Just as I stated that good coaching immensely benefitted former D like Jason Smith and Staios, the good coaching now is allowing incomplete D with limited skillsets to succeed within the team system used. As long as the team are buying in the all of our D will benefit. We could be plugging Ethan Bear into this and he probably looks better.

One can't, jmo, look at the indepent micro player results without looking at the quantum macro change in team play that is allowing these benefits.

Everybody is buying in now. Team play is occurring.
I agree the structure is better and everyone looks better as a result but I played D my whole life at a decently high level and reality is 90% of this board has no idea what coaches actually look for in D men. People were losing it on Vinny for failing to handle a puck or being burned by a speedy winger. That’s not his strength or his role. It’s easy to notice when D men screw up it’s much more difficult to notice the good plays in between. Same reason nhl coaches and gm’s value nurse more than fans. 90% of Fans don’t pick up on the dozens of strong plays between mistakes.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
If you have an electric vehicle with bidirectional charging you could connect it to your home and use it as a power source.

California is pushing for it to be standard on every electric vehicle because they have blackouts due to heat waves. It actually helps the grid get back online sooner.

*I don't have an electric vehicle but the tech is very promising.
I don’t have an electric vehicle but I imagine batteries in -50 don’t hold much extra juice.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I could see it. All had great games.
I've seen Matheson play great games. This wasn't one of his better ones imoand he made plenty of mistakes and botched plays offensively as well. Montreal, for a bad club are not terrible to watch. I've watched quite a few of their games. They're a likable losing team. Several players on the team quite good despite the team being quite bad. Matheson and Montembeault certainly two of them. One thng about the Habs Jersey is you put it on and you HAVE to play with pride. Seems like everybody elevates in that Jersey.

Montembeault should certainly be first star. He's a whiner, and he complains for a lot of calls and play acts, but he's really good.

Reactions: Biltmore

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I didn’t think he belonged but he has looked much better the last few months.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Something is seriously wrong with Kane.. A d I'm afraid it's not physical. His effort level and edge is COMPLETELY GONE.
Their human like the rest if us , but I can certainly tell it's not physical. Bad vibes from him right now .It can't be pouting he was on the second line tonight.
Kane isn't even hitting on this roadtrip. The Oilers were playing the smaller Habs and getting outhit. That is inexcusable. Adam Erne on this trip was our big hitter, and we need some players bringing that and reason enough to have him in the lineup. Erne hits are not lovetaps either. He erases some people. Finishes real good. Its an aspect of his game people not picking up on much.

Reactions: Biltmore

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I've seen Matheson play great games. This wasn't one of his better ones imoand he made plenty of mistakes and botched plays offensively as well. Montreal, for a bad club are not terrible to watch. I've watched quite a few of their games. They're a likable losing team. Several players on the team quite good despite the team being quite bad. Matheson and Montembeault certainly two of them. One thng about the Habs Jersey is you put it on and you HAVE to play with pride. Seems like everybody elevates in that Jersey.

Montembeault should certainly be first star. He's a whiner, and he complains for a lot of calls and play acts, but he's really good.

The Habs in general also just have a philosophy of only bring in high character guys basically the entire Molson era onwards. Even at the draft they tend to avoid gambles and go for lower ranked character over skill almost every time unless it's a glaring drop like with Drouin.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
If you have an electric vehicle with bidirectional charging you could connect it to your home and use it as a power source.

California is pushing for it to be standard on every electric vehicle because they have blackouts due to heat waves. It actually helps the grid get back online sooner.

*I don't have an electric vehicle but the tech is very promising.
That is a good idea but there is more to it than simply back feeding. There has to be safety checks to ensure the power being back fed can be isolated or linemen could be electrocuted unintentionally. That is one of elons best ideas though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad