Islanders Point Blank: Botta on Snow

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
Or don't want to buy him out of a huge contract. Also, Isles fans may hate him, but maybe the players like him, including JT.

JT's opinion of Snow isn't going to matter after he signs his contract one way or another anyway.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
In addition, I am also starting to wonder if Ledecky and Malkin have learned for too long from Wang what I call the "smile and shake, then sit down and shut up" approach to the fanbase. What that means is when something good happens (like the "Thank you Charles and Sanjay signs in 2001, or the winning Belmont bid, etc.) you smile and yuck it up with the owners in the concourse or on the LIRR and shake their hand for the camera. But when it comes to any questions about the direction of the team, the lack of success, managerial or personnel decisions, or suggestions from fans about what could be done better, you should "sit down and shut up," in other words they dont care and dont want to hear from you.

MDIsles

New Era
Oct 24, 2011
DE Beaches for now
I root for the TWO ABSOLUTE WORST RUN ORGANIZATIONS IN SPORTS. Isles and Orioles! Throw in the Jets make it three. These owners were in it for the Real Estate, this proves it. JT run, do not walk, to the nearest exit.

Reactions: C24

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
I'm not a Snow hater or a big Botta fan, but it still upsets me the NHL didn't put up more of a fight when Snow stripped Botta's access. Horrible precedent to allow a team to ban a PHWA member. And what a rinky-dink circus it made us look like. I hope the new owners wouldn't allow something like that to happen.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
L&M are very very quickly heading into Wang territory.

We need new owners yesterday

Let’s not get crazy. They got us a brand new state of the art arena coming in 2-3 years. It also pretty much puts an end to any fear of relocation and the anxiety that we’ve all had to deal with for years.

They actually put money into the team. The islanders new practice facility is said to be a top5 facility in the nhl.

Ledecky is very personable and interacts with the fans. We hear from him often.

It’s not fair to compare them to Wang. Now, when it comes to keeping Snow around who knows what’s going to happen. It’s no secret that a year ago Ledecky was feeling around the league to hire a team president.

Reactions: nyisles and MJF

C24

Jan 25, 2018
Let’s not get crazy. They got us a brand new state of the art arena coming in 2-3 years. It also pretty much puts an end to any fear of relocation and the anxiety that we’ve all had to deal with for years.

They actually put money into the team. The islanders new practice facility is said to be a top5 facility in the nhl.

It’s not fair to compare them to Wang. Now, when it comes to keeping Snow around who knows what’s going to happen. It’s no secret that a year ago Ledecky was feeling around the league to hire a team president.
So in a year he could not find a President? I am calling BS. Him keeping Snow makes him as bad as Wang.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
So in a year he could not find a President? I am calling BS. Him keeping Snow makes him as bad as Wang.

What? That's gotta be some recency bias. Do you remember the worst of the worst Wang years? Isn't he the one who hired him with zero experience and rumored to have given him a some ridiculous contract? How is that not worse?

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017

They landed themselves a real estate deal. Let’s see them bring in some hockey management instead of using Wangs gang of losers

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Botta clearly has an axe to grind. I'm not saying he is wrong but I doubt this even woke anyone up in Islander land. Snow's fate is tied to Johnny. Nothing happens with the GM or coaching staff until John decides what he wants to do. Anyone expecting anything else is kidding themselves.

Reactions: SI90

C24

Jan 25, 2018
What? That's gotta be some recency bias. Do you remember the worst of the worst Wang years? Isn't he the one who hired him with zero experience and rumored to have given him a some ridiculous contract? How is that not worse?
Because the new owners were supposed to bring a world class team. Meanwhile the team is a joke. Your argument is pointless anyway. The new owners back Snow and that is all that matters now.

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
Botta clearly has an axe to grind. I'm not saying he is wrong but I doubt this even woke anyone up in Islander land. Snow's fate is tied to Johnny. Nothing happens with the GM or coaching staff until John decides what he wants to do. Anyone expecting anything else is kidding themselves.

Botta was blackballed for not drinking the koolaid. Botta tells it like it is without the rainbows

Reactions: BillD and sabremike

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Because the new owners were supposed to bring a world class team. Meanwhile the team is a joke. Your argument is pointless anyway. The new owners back Snow and that is all that matters now.

I disagree because I take into account the situation they walked into -- nor do we know what is going on behind closed doors in terms of his contract, the ability for him to be replaced, and the JT situation.

If you honestly think this team is an equal joke as the Wang years, not really sure what to tell you.

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
Wang is a loser. He once tried to change the playoff format to every team makes the playoffs because he realized he would have to spend money on players to see the playoffs. for anyone who doesnt think Snow is GM because of Charles Wang you are living in fantasy land.

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
JT likes snow but JT doesnt like never seeing playoff runs like his peers go on. JT is leaving. but he likes snow. Wang likes snow but isles have worse ticket sales than some AHL teams. it cost me twice as much to see a local AHL team than an islander game. 20 years of wang failure has alot to do with it. before mattingly retired the yankees said they had to move to manhattan or new jersey because nobody went to yankee games....due to crime issues in the bronx... they wouldnt admit it was beibg a terrible team that was the problem.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Botta is literally the best friend Islander fans have had over the past 20 or so years. He is basically the only guy in the entire press who will call this team on the utter bullshit they subject fans to. Anyone who doesn't love the guy is a total lunatic.

C24

Jan 25, 2018
I disagree because I take into account the situation they walked into -- nor do we know what is going on behind closed doors in terms of his contract, the ability for him to be replaced, and the JT situation.

If you honestly think this team is an equal joke as the Wang years, not really sure what to tell you.
They have bought into Snow's BS. Just as Wang did.

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
I read botta every day for years. He was the waiter delivering the koolaid. He was staying on memo...what snow Wang wanted 99% of the time. Last place teams..hed be telling us how great things are going. dipietro being forced as the starter all the time...never would point out that wang is best friends with dipietro like a son...Eventually botta had a few of his own opinions not snows...and got booted from locker room I thnk..99% sure thats what happened. Botta left to do other work. But i cant give Botta much credit when he was busy preaching wangs BS to us for years. Most of you ate that stuff right up.

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
I root for the TWO ABSOLUTE WORST RUN ORGANIZATIONS IN SPORTS. Isles and Orioles! Throw in the Jets make it three. These owners were in it for the Real Estate, this proves it. JT run, do not walk, to the nearest exit.

Wilpon’s Mets belong in that conversation.

C24

Jan 25, 2018
Yea sounds like you have some real concrete information and facts.
Fact is that the new owners clearly support Snow. Not my fault that you are one of those fans who cannot deal with the reality of the situation. That is on you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad