Islanders Point Blank: Botta on Snow

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Isles will be a .500 team for quite awhile longer.. so like my road trips -- you can't put your enjoyment of this team in the W and L columns. Just enjoy the ride.

C24

Jan 25, 2018
Good to read because Snow deserves to be publicly humiliated. As for the part about the owners, I do not take this team seriously at all.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
I get the feeling that Snow and Botta are not friends.

Anyone who doesnt bow at his feet and tell Snow what a genius he is despite having a single playoff series win in 12 years, is not his friend. Good for Botta. Everything he wrote is true. But the one thing he left out is the saddest part: how it is possible that this snake salesman is able to deceive, manipulate and brain wash multiple successful businessmen into thinking he has some kind of revolutionary strategy that nobody else knows about and that all of the "success" from it just cannot be seen immediately (meaning never).

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY
Scathing and well deserved.

Snow obliterated his own record for unleashing quality bullcrap in brief time, making Calvin de Haan a $10 million-a-year defenseman in the process by citing his injury as a primary "fact" behind his team's mediocrity.

:laugh:

Jon Ledecky and Scott Malkin are 100 percent on board with Snow's approach and direction, as dictated in the Newsday article.

Houston.....we have a problem.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Or don't want to buy him out of a huge contract. Also, Isles fans may hate him, but maybe the players like him, including JT.

But I presume they’ve spent tons of money on revamping the practice facility, and just got a new arena. Spending money to make the organization “World Class” doesn’t seem to be an issue.

Nosebleed40

May 2, 2013
Very disturbing article. You had to realize he somehow conned them into his "skills", after they were looking for a team president and one was never appointed or talked about again.

Reactions: C24

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Once again though... you have to ask.....

Why would Tavares want to re-sign with this team?

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
Once again though... you have to ask.....

Why would Tavares want to re-sign with this team?

IMO he doesn't and won't. He probably feels like owes it to his teammates to at least play out the rest of the year.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Hell hath no fury like a blogger scorned

Yup. When snow cut Botta off years ago for challenging him at all, Botta has been on a rampage ever since. Botta's like the dork in high school who got rejected by the cool kids, and now he's working on his chemistry set at home to seek revenge.

I'm sure. some of what Botta wrote is on point, but this guy doesn't just have an ax to grind...He's Paul Bunyan.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Yup. When snow cut Botta off years ago for challenging him at all, Botta has been on a rampage ever since. Botta's like the dork in high school who got rejected by the cool kids, and now he's working on his chemistry set at home to seek revenge.

I'm sure. some of what Botta wrote is on point, but this guy doesn't just have an ax to grind...He's Paul Bunyan.

SOME of what he wrote is on point? I dont see a single thing in there about Snow that is not true. I think it is so funny that people say no sportswriters will challenge the Isles coaches or GM and then the few that do are then accused of seeking revenge. Maybe it is as simple as what he wrote is just accurate and when Botta worked at other media sources he was not allowed to write the truth.

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
Snow obliterated his own record for unleashing quality bullcrap in brief time, making Calvin de Haan a $10 million-a-year defenseman in the process by citing his injury as a primary "fact" behind his team's mediocrity.

This is so true and I'm glad Botta is calling this out. Some posters on this board are helping Garth with his made-up excuses.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Very entertaining. Glad to see it too, cause a pivotal moment in Islander history is rapidly approaching.

Even putting all the moves, drafts, and transaction-based opinions on the side for a second, I mentioned somewhere else that his tenure should have been over when he hired an AHL coach, fired that coach, then hired another AHL coach and got to fire him too. Who in all of God's great green nature gets to retain his general manager position after that???

In any case, I do not see this franchise being able to keep JT or take the next step as long as he's calling the shots.

And I say that despite having often "seen the logic" in a number of the moves he's made over the years.

Reactions: periferal and C24

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
I will agree that we all love the Isles equally regardless of our personal approach and what we believe the team should do. But lets be honest, there are those who are just happy to be entertained and just want to watch the team in general no matter what (the "I am okay if Tanner Fritz is first line center" crowd), and there are the others (like myself) who understand there is no guarantee of success but expect the organization to do everything it can to win a championship.
For the former, they will be the 6-7,000 at the new arena no matter what happens and good for them, I mean that sincerely. But it does not make the rest of us less fans for no longer accepting this.
Here is the key thing to consider: If Snow does nothing at the deadline this year, the team misses the playoffs and JT leaves, he will either be fired (less likely) or essentially guaranteed a minimum of at least the next 3-4 years (more likely). If he is not fired after this year, it means the owners have totally bought his bullshit, and if those excuses worked and they inexplicably allow him to start another rebuild, he will have the built in excuse of a few rough season while they start from scratch.
Many of us have always talked about the "last straw." I would have to think that for many of us it would FINALLY be that last straw. Could I say for sure I would never be as big of a fan again?No. But if the above takes place, I genuinely believe I will start to fade away from making the Isles one of the priorities in my regular schedule. It just will no longer be worth the anger and disappointment, or more importantly, the money.

IslesFanatic

Thank you, Lou!
Jun 7, 2006
Scathing and well deserved.

:laugh:

Houston.....we have a problem.

Yup, thats the bigger problem. Them being on board. Its great that they got a new arena. It really is and thats one thing less to worry about. But if they're on board with Snows decision making as GM, we have BIG problems. They will NEVER win with that guy as GM.

IslesFanatic

Thank you, Lou!
Jun 7, 2006
I will agree that we all love the Isles equally regardless of our personal approach and what we believe the team should do. But lets be honest, there are those who are just happy to be entertained and just want to watch the team in general no matter what (the "I am okay if Tanner Fritz is first line center" crowd), and there are the others (like myself) who understand there is no guarantee of success but expect the organization to do everything it can to win a championship.
For the former, they will be the 6-7,000 at the new arena no matter what happens and good for them, I mean that sincerely. But it does not make the rest of us less fans for no longer accepting this.
Here is the key thing to consider: If Snow does nothing at the deadline this year, the team misses the playoffs and JT leaves, he will either be fired (less likely) or essentially guaranteed a minimum of at least the next 3-4 years (more likely). If he is not fired after this year, it means the owners have totally bought his bull****, and if those excuses worked and they inexplicably allow him to start another rebuild, he will have the built in excuse of a few rough season while they start from scratch.
Many of us have always talked about the "last straw." I would have to think that for many of us it would FINALLY be that last straw. Could I say for sure I would never be as big of a fan again?No. But if the above takes place, I genuinely believe I will start to fade away from making the Isles one of the priorities in my regular schedule. It just will no longer be worth the anger and disappointment, or more importantly, the money.

I will not spend a dime on the isles if JT leaves and Snow is still here. I'm thinking about seasons for next year. NO f***ING WAY I buy seasons if JT leaves and Snow is still here. NO WAY.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad