Proposal: Boston / Colorado

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I understand the family emergency is a valid reason, but prior to leaving he was highly critical of, right or wrong, the timing of his decision to exit left some to question his motives. Just a few days prior to departure, was critical of the atmosphere and intensity level surrounding the experiences of bubble hockey.

After the Bruins' lost Game 2 of their first round series against the Canes, stated it "doesn't really feel like playoff hockey out there" and compared the experience to "playing an exhibition game."

The comments may have been tied to his decision to leave, wondering whether he was truly invested in the Bruins' playoff run or mentally checked out.

Rask is having a down season and does not want to play for anyone else. He also wants a new deal to replace the $7M per, so even if he agrees to resign AVs would rather focus on the younger Grubs.

Was he wrong, lol?

He had a bad three games in a row where he gave up 13 goals. He isn't having a down season.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I say that if Sakic really feels that Rask could maybe put them over the top he would go for it. Rask is only owed 2.8 mil for the rest of the year and from past experience handles himself well in the playoffs. He has a .926 sv % and a 2.20 gaa. By comparison Grubauer is .912 and 2.44.

You do not have to sign him to a new contract, that can be decided upon.

Last edited:

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I say that if Sakic really feels that Rask could maybe put them over the top he would go for it. Rask is only owed 2.8 mil for the rest of the year and from past experience handles himself well in the playoffs. He has a .926 sv % and a 2.20 gaa. By comparison Grubauer is .912 and 2.44.

You do not have to sign him to a new contract, that can be decided upon.
If EJ is out for the season on LTIR Avs would have the capspace to acquire Rask and it would be a pretty good backup to have. However, absolutely not offering Newhook for him. Avs are better off going after Bernier for a 3rd.

Reactions: strictlyrandy

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Krejci to bump Kadri down is just.... a step backwards. Avs are fine with their centers. They don’t need a 2c as a 3c because that’s not how they are built or play. Jost has been the 3c and looking good the past few games so the need for a 3c is pretty unnecessary it seems. If anything they need a backup (not a starter and not a 3rd string, an actual backup), but Franky should be ready by the playoffs so it’s a short term need at best. This is all around a bad proposal that doesn’t even help the Avs imo.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Why are there so many proposals that involve the Bruins selling on this forum right now?

We're going for a f***ing cup. We're not trading Rask

Reactions: wintersej

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Halak is also a great option that could carry any team to the finals.
His GAA is under 1.75 with a poor defence.

1. Halak can not carry a team to the finals. He's a backup goalie. Once he plays too much, he starts letting up softies.

2. He does not deal with poor defense. Our defensive structure is the strength of this team. The f***?

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Why are there so many proposals that involve the Bruins selling on this forum right now?

We're going for a f***ing cup. We're not trading Rask
We will be going for a cup if the rest of the league just disappears. Team will not be able to get the pieces required to contend. Trade Rask/Krecji to get some valuable pieces for the future.

I do not think this is the year, when you can't score or even beat bottom feeders.

rmthomson21

Sep 22, 2015
DMV
He would be an insurance policy should Grubauer gets injured.
Yeah, I get why the Avs might want him - the guy I quoted said the Avs have no chance of winning it all without him. As an insurance policy, that's simply not the case.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
So MacKinnon is a 10 goal scorer now, please stop...
Okay, let me rephrase - DeBrusk is a 24 year old 3 goal, 0.33pt/gm scorer - 27pts/82games. MacKinnon is a 10 goal scorer, 1.3 pts/gm, 103 pts/82 games.

Great catch there Baddkarma - you really proved your point.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
What would be the ask for Krejci, assuming that Boston want to create some capspace? He could be an interesting option for the Avs at 3C who can play on the wing on any line.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
What would be the ask for Krejci, assuming that Boston want to create some capspace? He could be an interesting option for the Avs at 3C who can play on the wing on any line.
Bruins do not need to create cap space . Avs would probably want to move picks ,I assume for Krejci . Might be worth listening to and flip the picks for current roster .

Reactions: Richard88

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Would have to be something around Newhook post expansion draft for it to be worth starting up a conversation, so probably not worth talking about now.
Sure. If Newhook is going to Boston, the player departing Boston will hurt a hell of a lot more than losing Rask or DeBrusk. It would be a player you’d cringe and say, “that sure was expensive to acquire Newhook”. You’d be trading away a core young guy in such a deal.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Sure. If Newhook is going to Boston, the player departing Boston will hurt a hell of a lot more than losing Rask or DeBrusk. It would be a player you’d cringe and say, “that sure was expensive to acquire Newhook”. You’d be trading away a core young guy in such a deal.

So that's fair, I will note that Rask was the Vezina runner-up last year and is a borderline Hall of Famer, so this isn't the Bruins offering Ryder, Halak and a 2nd. There was certainly a different tone amongst Avs fans in the offseason after Grubauer ruined the playoffs for the team (of course Rask did the same for Boston, lol).

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
So that's fair, I will note that Rask was the Vezina runner-up last year and is a borderline Hall of Famer, so this isn't the Bruins offering Ryder, Halak and a 2nd. There was certainly a different tone amongst Avs fans in the offseason after Grubauer ruined the playoffs for the team (of course Rask did the same for Boston, lol).
Grubs is injury prone. His play when healthy has always been strong to excellent. But hes been hurt a lot.

Rask is also a bit injury prone and I wonder about his commitment at this point in his career. He’s not a spring chicken either. Not a good fit for Colorado. He’s not a bad goalie. He’s a great one. But also has his own set of reliability issues.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
For a player unproven at the NHL level, give your head a shake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad