Proposal: Boston / Colorado

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
The trade just doesn’t make sense from a Colorado perspective.

They already have a starting goaltender and it doesn’t make any sense to move their best prospect for another starter and a struggling winger.

I would just hang onto DeBrusk if I were Boston.

I agree that the Bruins are selling DeBrusk low. I like Calvert. I like prospects, but the Bruins would doing the Avs a great favor trading them an elite goalie even as a rental and a 24 year old 27 goal scorer for the above package. I suspect the Avs would do the deal or something close because they are primed for a run and the two pieces from the Bruins would be of great help. Cheers!

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
LOL what? Stop with the Bergeron stuff, terrible comparison. That "something" would be players you would really freak out over.

OP is not as far off as you would make it. Rask among the NHL goal tending elite and has led a team to the cup finals twice. DeBrusk is a young cheap goal scoring winger. For the record, I would not trade Tuukka for those players, Bruins should be able to do better if Rask were the centerpiece of a deal.
Rask is 34, an up coming UFA and he has hinted at retirement, and left the bubble in the playoffs last season. Factor in the $7million cap and his career worst save percentage and I don't think there are many GMs with cup aspirations that would trade an elite prospect for Rask. DeBrusk can't stay healthy and is having his worst professional year as well. Overall that package would have been valuable a year ago, but today - I don't see the value.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I agree that the Bruins are selling DeBrusk low. I like Calvert. I like prospects, but the Bruins would doing the Avs a great favor trading them an elite goalie even as a rental and a 24 year old 27 goal scorer for the above package. I suspect the Avs would do the deal or something close because they are primed for a run and the two pieces from the Bruins would be of great help. Cheers!
Actually he's a 24 year old 3 goal scorer at this point in the season. You aren't getting a kid in the middle of a 27 goal season, you are getting a kid thats struggling.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
When Boston decide to rebuild Avs would be happy to pick off the carcass for pieces, but Boston are still contenders so its a year or two or three too soon.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Still think there’s something possible between these two with Krejci going the other way.

Avs could do a lot worse having him as their number two C.

puts Kadri in a spot where he’s better suited as well.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Still think there’s something possible between these two with Krejci going the other way.

Yeah poor Kadri is in over his head. 25 points in 33 games in a pure shutdown role. Move that bum down a few lines yeeesh.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Tuukka Rask (50% retained)
Jake DeBrusk

for

Alex Newhook
Matt Calvert

320187.jpg

Reactions: JD27

Avs44

May 16, 2011

Why would Krejci, a man with 1 goal and 18 points on the season, bump Kadri down the lineup...as Kadri currently paces for what would amount to a 25 goal 60+ point 82 game regular season...? Kadri is clearly the #2 centre in Colorado.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Yeah poor Kadri is in over his head. 25 points in 33 games in a pure shutdown role. Move that bum down a few lines yeeesh.
What I meant was he’s a very good 3c. Excellent actually. Also very good defensively.

If he’s matching up in a checking role against other teams best C’s then theoretically that frees up MacKinnon and Krejci to do their thing against lesser players.

That’s what having some depth could do for them in the playoffs where no one cares how many points you racked up in the regular season.

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
What I meant was he’s a very good 3c. Excellent actually. Also very good defensively.

If he’s matching up in a checking role against other teams best C’s then theoretically that frees up MacKinnon and Krejci to do their thing against lesser players.

That’s what having some depth could do for them in the playoffs where no one cares how many points you racked up in the regular season.
:rolleyes:

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
AVs decline. Offer is horrible for an aging Goalie likely retiring. Winger that is having the worst season of his career. Newhook is their future 2C/3C which has more value to the AVs than a Winger.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

Not really sure why this deal helps the AVs?

Debrusk is a winger they don't need, requires protection and would cost another Forward. Rask might retire and cap hit is ugly for a Goalie currently injured with an unknown return date. He also bailed on the bruins during the playoffs. Newhook is among the top prospects in the league and expansion exempt. He is more important to the AVs due to their lack of C depth.

Offer is garbage.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
I mean yea and no because that guy is literally using that logic. Bit we all understand mac is elite

logic would say that Mackinnon has scored 35 goals or more that past 3 seasons and debrusk has got over 20 once and has got progressively worse. He’s got untapped potential for sure but this offer is bad.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
sure tuukka rask is out with a recurring back injury. and has said he might retire after this contract. and said he would probably retire if traded elsewhere.

you never know if sakic would still accept the deal. couldnt hurt to ask
Sakic doesn’t make dumb trades tho

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

He's already shown that he does not work well as a 3rd line centre in Toronto. He is an offensive talent that is real good defensively and belongs on a 2nd line, not a 3rd line.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Not really sure why this deal helps the AVs?

Debrusk is a winger they don't need, requires protection and would cost another Forward. Rask might retire and cap hit is ugly for a Goalie currently injured with an unknown return date. He also bailed on the bruins during the playoffs. Newhook is among the top prospects in the league and expansion exempt. He is more important to the AVs due to their lack of C depth.

Offer is garbage.

The offer isn't good but you listed a lot of wrong reasons.

He "bailed" on the Bruins because his new born daughter had to go to the ER. If he DIDN'T "bail" on his team in that scenario he would be a shit person.

And he was runner up for the Vezina last year, that isn't an ugly cap hit, lol.

Rask clarified the retirement comments. He isn't going to retire, but he would retire if the Bruins traded him elsewhere.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
The offer isn't good but you listed a lot of wrong reasons.

He "bailed" on the Bruins because his new born daughter had to go to the ER. If he DIDN'T "bail" on his team in that scenario he would be a shit person.

And he was runner up for the Vezina last year, that isn't an ugly cap hit, lol.

Rask clarified the retirement comments. He isn't going to retire, but he would retire if the Bruins traded him elsewhere.

I understand the family emergency is a valid reason, but prior to leaving he was highly critical of, right or wrong, the timing of his decision to exit left some to question his motives. Just a few days prior to departure, was critical of the atmosphere and intensity level surrounding the experiences of bubble hockey.

After the Bruins' lost Game 2 of their first round series against the Canes, stated it "doesn't really feel like playoff hockey out there" and compared the experience to "playing an exhibition game."

The comments may have been tied to his decision to leave, wondering whether he was truly invested in the Bruins' playoff run or mentally checked out.

Rask is having a down season and does not want to play for anyone else. He also wants a new deal to replace the $7M per, so even if he agrees to resign AVs would rather focus on the younger Grubs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad