Pre-Game Talk: Boston Bruins vs. New York Rangers 3/23/16 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Pittsburgh sitting where LA is should frighten the East. Fluery is the wild card there, as usual.

BarbaraAlphanse

Rangers win at home at over a 70% clip. The Bruins away at over a 70% clip.

This should actually be a really good game.

BarbaraAlphanse

Miller-brass-Nash
Kreider-Stepan-Zucc
Staal-Hayes-fast
Glass-Moore-Stalberg

Can we try these?

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
ZOMG! The Maple Leafs would totally whip the Capitals ass if they had a chance, right?

If toronto had actual scorers, they'd be a legit team. they have the best coach in hockey, or at least one of the best 3 with Q and Sutter being the other 2.

Babcock is a scary good coach...gets superstars to buy in...that's tough.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
Toronto will arrive quickly before anyone knows it. What do they have like 12/13 draft picks this year?

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
If toronto had actual scorers, they'd be a legit team. they have the best coach in hockey, or at least one of the best 3 with Q and Sutter being the other 2.

Babcock is a scary good coach...gets superstars to buy in...that's tough.

Detroit is one helluva organization they go from Bowman to Lewis (who I have no idea why he didn't last long,or get another gig in the league)-Babcock-Blashill who is doing a pretty darn good job himself.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
It's pretty funny to believe that someone is needed to get a hockey player to give more of an effort, not that it would work, anyway.

I get what youre saying. I guess i was more thinking of it as having a leader that Kreider can learn from while playing on the same line. Another big bodied forward that drives to the net.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
I get what youre saying. I guess i was more thinking of it as having a leader that Kreider can learn from while playing on the same line. Another big bodied forward that drives to the net.

Will Kreider ever be a self-starter? Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z!

Seriously though, the dude always seems to need an external catalyst to get him to play well, and even then it only lasts for half a dozen games. Someone else on his line/the roster, the coach to light a fire under his ass by calling him out or scratching him, a sports psychologist, whatever else. The catalyst never seems to come from himself. If he ever gets that, though..

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
Can we please for the love of god try something different with the lines.

Staal Stepan Nash
Miller Brassard Zuccarello
Kreider Hayes Fast
Glass Moore Stalberg

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
If the indication is that Hayes is out, good move. He's drifting around like he's a veteran with a long and successful career behind him out there. Lindberg is a better all around hockey player and should never have been taken off the Staal line and put in the stands. Hayes is now the 5th (maybe 6th since Lindberg is C too) best option at center on the team at this point. If he can't skate well enough to play wing, and he can't, he sits.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Will Kreider ever be a self-starter? Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z!

Seriously though, the dude always seems to need an external catalyst to get him to play well, and even then it only lasts for half a dozen games. Someone else on his line/the roster, the coach to light a fire under his ass by calling him out or scratching him, a sports psychologist, whatever else. The catalyst never seems to come from himself. If he ever gets that, though..

The most frustrating part is that once every 10 games or so Kreider will have a game where he is engaged, skating hard, crashing the net, creating his own shots and trying to beat the D wide. Then it's back to the status quo.

You just want to grab the guy and shake him and be like "WTF you're faster than almost every player in the league, everytime you have the puck you should be trying to use your speed to beat the D and to forecheck on them and to crash the net! Your speed is such an asset, USE IT!"

Well, I guess that would be a little long of a statement to say while shaking someone, but you guys get my point.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Can we please for the love of god try something different with the lines.

Staal Stepan Nash
Miller Brassard Zuccarello
Kreider Hayes Fast
Glass Moore Stalberg

Brass and Zucc have looked pretty bad together 5v5 lately, I'm fine splitting them up and then letting them play on the same PP unit.

Staal into the top 6:

Miller-Brass-Nash
Staal-Stepan-Zuccarello
Kreider-Hayes-Fast
Stalberg-Moore-Glass

(I obv want Lindberg in for Glass but I'm trying to be somewhat realistic here knowing AV)

If he has to keep Staal at 3C:

Miller-Brass-Nash
Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Hayes-Staal-Fast
Stalberg-Moore-Glass

Don Jaroodi*

Kunitz is a damn good player

It's really hard to take anything you say seriously. Your avatar is a guy who calls himself "The Weeekend" and looks like he got into a fight with Edward Scissorhands.

BarbaraAlphanse

Gonna miss this one. Just found out I have VIP passes to the batman superman movie IMAX premiere. Last time I had these was for Spectre and I met the director.

Not reading good things about the movie. And I forgot to DVR the game. :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad