Pre-Game Talk: Boston Bruins vs. New York Rangers 3/23/16 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
aggravating that McD-Klein look good a lot of the times they're paired together but they get shafted to put Girardi back there.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
NYR need 4 points or more these next 3 tough games, even if Sat night is in Montreal,
to stay ahead of the pack

although, to be honest, if NYR fell to fourth, landing in the Fla/TB/Bos bracket,
that mightn't be a bad thing - just hockey, not the 'baggage' of Isles/Pens/Caps

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Maybe we should try Kreider with Eric Staal.

I mean, that's what happened in practice today. Wonder if it stays once Nash comes back in. Figure Hayes is the scratch, since Nash will likely go with Brass-Fast again.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I mean, that's what happened in practice today. Wonder if it stays once Nash comes back in. Figure Hayes is the scratch, since Nash will likely go with Brass-Fast again.

I know that is what happened in practice but i would like it to stay that way. Maybe it would be good to play with a guy like Staal as opposed to Stepan. I think Eric will get on Kreider when is not pushing it enough. I dont think stepan does considering theyve played together for years now since, coming up roughly the same time.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Av scratched Hayes, then puts him in the lineup with bad usage and in a different position and then wonders why he hasn't played well.

I swear to god, we better not trade Hayes because of AV.

Yet Jesper Fast is locked into the top 6. Unreal. If I have to watch another cycle die, chance be blown because of indecisiveness, pass not made and shot not taken by Fast I'm going to drop kick my TV.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
So Hayes is getting scratched and Jesper Fast still holds onto a top 6 winger spot. AV, why are you the way that you are?

FAST IS NOT A TOP 6 WINGER.

hard to read this and not comment,
since the visions from the Detroit/Pens weekend still make me nauseous
Hayes out there, just watching 4 key goals against over 3 periods and an OT, within 24 hours,

Hayes has not been better than Fast or Lindberg -
maybe be he could/should be,
but he hasn't

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I know that is what happened in practice but i would like it to stay that way. Maybe it would be good to play with a guy like Staal as opposed to Stepan. I think Eric will get on Kreider when is not pushing it enough. I dont think stepan does considering theyve played together for years now since, coming up roughly the same time.

It's pretty funny to believe that someone is needed to get a hockey player to give more of an effort, not that it would work, anyway.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
So kunitz would put up the exact same career numbers without Crosby. Good to know.

Bulletin:

Playing with all time greats increases your output.

Mike Krushelnyski says hello.

But you are free to believe a stern chat by Crosby was the reason for Kunitz's output.

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
As soon as the Hayes that skated like a freight train and stick handled pucks in a phone booth return he can come back in the lineup.
I dont know if he is hurt, lost, confused.
But whatever it is, its not working.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
hard to read this and not comment,
since the visions from the Detroit/Pens weekend still make me nauseous
Hayes out there, just watching 4 key goals against over 3 periods and an OT, within 24 hours,

Hayes has not been better than Fast or Lindberg -
maybe be he could/should be,
but he hasn't

PED - I - GREE

Johnny Cakes had that about him that I liked
Meant very little
On these boards Stepan, Miller, Kreider and Hayes all constantly get a free ride for what they could be, not what they are. All 4 of them have underperformed this year - albeit Miller had a good run that showed glimpses of being a 2nd liner long term. Lucky for us that three of them are up for new contracts (along with McIllraith) which should put the club in favor when it comes to contract size & length. Put up or get shafted on Friday afternoon when the paycheck arrives. Actually might be a very good thing for the team moving fwd

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Hayes on the wing is such a head scratcher. its been done over and over again! it never works AV. Its insanity. Play him at center. its similar to not putting yandle on the first power play until after almost a year. such misuse of a talented offensive player

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Why is Lindberg-Staal-Stalberg not still a thing?

Why is Miller-Brassard-Nash not a thing? Worked against Tampa.

Why is Fast still force fed scoring line minutes?

Why have Hayes/Kreider not taken a turn sitting? Especially Hayes?

Why are there horse shoes but no horse socks?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Hayes on the wing is such a head scratcher. its been done over and over again! it never works AV. Its insanity. Play him at center. its similar to not putting yandle on the first power play until after almost a year. such misuse of a talented offensive player

Especially considering Staal had been playing wing all season in Carolina.

Staal is can play both. Hayes is horrible at winger, good at center.

So put him back up at 3C and move Staal up to the top 6 which slides Fast down the lineup. Win-win-win.

Odds that AV tries this?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
lmaoooo

So put him back up at 3C and move Staal up to the top 6 which slides Fast down the lineup. Win-win-win.

Odds that AV tries this?

It makes sense so you can bet Clowneault won't do it

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

Odds that AV tries this?

Perfect! even if av wants to keep that 4th line together instead of breaking it up moving fast there then move fast to third line. give staal top wing minutes then figure out a decent third line with Hayes at center.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
lmaoooo

It makes sense so you can bet Clowneault won't do it

They've been gradually drifting away from the center of this plot:

shotPlot-25-5v5-cor.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events