Proposal: Bos-Ott Ullmark for Norris, Forsberg + pick

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Why are you in EVERY Ottawa thread bashing the Sens?

As for the proposal, I echo what most have said:
- Ottawa wouldn't want to trade quality assets for someone who could (and probably would) walk in a year
- Norris' value is at all at time low. I understand why nobody would want him at his cap hit. I'd prefer to see what next year brings before we explore trading him
It’s not a Sens bashing. It’s pointing out the delusion of certain Sens fans believing Norris is worth the reigning Vezina winner

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
This thread is a bit of a tire fire. Norris likely has negative value across the league given his contract. That may or may not still be the case a year from now, but I can't see Boston having interest right now.

But Ullmark also isn't going to return a huge amount, reigning Vezina winner or not. He's good, but he's not someone that can be relied on for 50+ games, and he only has 1.5 years left on his deal.

In a vacuum, something around Ullmark and Pinto seems fair. But Given that A) Ullmark's value 2023-24 is worthless to Ottawa, and B) there is basically zero chance he's interested in extending in Ottawa to play behind that swiss cheese D, I don't see a trade happening.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Ullmark had better numbers it Buffalo than the current Sens goalies. Were the Sabres a power house as well? I'll reitirate. Ullmark would be the second best goalie in franchise history for the Sens.

I don't know about that.

First of all, Ottawa has a history of bad goalies, so it's not saying much...

But I'm not sure ullmark is better than

Hasek
Anderson
Lehner
Bishop
Barrasso

To name a few.

Then there's also seasons like tugnutts 1.79 GAA with .925 sv% that go up with any of ullmarks best seasons.

Let's just go with "ullmark is better than any goalie the sens have had in years"

Because I listed a couple hall of fame goalies above who played for the sens. Doubt ullmark is a hall of famer.

Reactions: bert

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
I don't know about that.

First of all, Ottawa has a history of bad goalies, so it's not saying much...

But I'm not sure ullmark is better than

Hasek
Anderson
Lehner
Bishop
Barrasso

To name a few.

Then there's also seasons like tugnutts 1.79 GAA with .925 sv% that go up with any of ullmarks best seasons.

Let's just go with "ullmark is better than any goalie the sens have had in years"

Because I listed a couple hall of fame goalies above who played for the sens. Doubt ullmark is a hall of famer.

As Sens goalies most of them was not as good as Ullmark has been. Even if they are HoFers. Are we really bragging about having Barrasso now? The guy you traded Laukkanen and Tugnutt for and who massively underperformed as a Sen and was gone after playing a full 13 games for ya?

Lehner and Bishop wouldve been better than Ullmark if either of them played during their primes in Ottawa. Bishop played 23 gmaes for your team, come on... Why not mention Daccord as well, haha.

Tugnutts 99 season was great and all but it was in the middle of the DPE and his .925 was just 3rd in the league. I mean if we are going to talk about a defensive team boosting their goalies numbers then 99 Sens is that team. Tugnutt faced far less shots than most goalies that year.

Ullmark would be in competition with Hasek for second best goalie.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
As Sens goalies most of them was not as good as Ullmark has been. Even if they are HoFers. Are we really bragging about having Barrasso now? The guy you traded Laukkanen and Tugnutt for and who massively underperformed as a Sen and was gone after playing a full 13 games for ya?

Lehner and Bishop wouldve been better than Ullmark if either of them played during their primes in Ottawa. Bishop played 23 gmaes for your team, come on... Why not mention Daccord as well, haha.

Tugnutts 99 season was great and all but it was in the middle of the DPE and his .925 was just 3rd in the league. I mean if we are going to talk about a defensive team boosting their goalies numbers then 99 Sens is that team. Tugnutt faced far less shots than most goalies that year.

Ullmark would be in competition with Hasek for second best goalie.

But Hasek was the best goalie hands down. He was top 3 in every major category when he went to the Olympics.

Bishop played parts of 2 years for us...same as what ullmark would do if we traded for him.

Lehner posted these save percentages for Ottawa

Anderson posted these save percentages for Ottawa

Etc.

Besides, blame the vagueness of the original quote.

Games played argument are silly because if ullmark got traded to Ottawa, he would have zero games played...so if someone like bishop only played 25ish games, wouldn't that be 25ish more than ullmark in a sens jersey?

The quote was that he would immediately be the second best goalie. Not that he would be the best goalie after x amount of games.

Next time, take it up with the OG comment for not setting up proper parameters. As it stands, my response is valid.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
But Hasek was the best goalie hands down. He was top 3 in every major category when he went to the Olympics.

Bishop played parts of 2 years for us...same as what ullmark would do if we traded for him.

Lehner posted these save percentages for Ottawa

Anderson posted these save percentages for Ottawa

Etc.

Besides, blame the vagueness of the original quote.

Games played argument are silly because if ullmark got traded to Ottawa, he would have zero games played...so if someone like bishop only played 25ish games, wouldn't that be 25ish more than ullmark in a sens jersey?

The quote was that he would immediately be the second best goalie. Not that he would be the best goalie after x amount of games.

Next time, take it up with the OG comment for not setting up proper parameters. As it stands, my response is valid.

No it's not. You brought up Barrasso who was terrible and claimed he was good because "hof". And Bishops 23 games... Ullmark would play the rest of this season and next ie being a real starter who plays significant amount of time for the team.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
No it's not. You brought up Barrasso who was terrible and claimed he was good because "hof". And Bishops 23 games... Ullmark would play the rest of this season and next ie being a real starter who plays significant amount of time for the team.

I'm not sure he posts better numbers then what guys like Anderson or Hasek or tugnutt or Lehner in Ottawa over the next year.

You think if he comes to Ottawa for the next year, he's going to post .925-.940 sv% for Ottawa? Doubt it. I'd predict he would post a .910-.920 sv% behind this sens team.

Which would be a MASSIVE UPGRADE over the sens current goaltenders.

The sens are like 140 point pace when receiving .900+ goaltending. Now that would obviously come down, but ullmark can definitely be the difference between Ottawa not making the playoffs and making the playoffs (next year, not this year)

I just don't think if the sens acquired ullmark that he would be a top 2 name goalie(Hasek, barrasso both HOF) to ever play with Ottawa, and wouldn't post top 2 stats for Ottawa for a season. (Which would be about .935sv%) nor do I think he would play here long enough to beat win records (Anderson and lalime) etc.

I just think saying top 2 doesn't give credit to guys like Hasek for name sake (and stats, though short lived) or guys like Anderson for longevity along with great numbers.

He would however, be a huge factor to their success right now.

How would he be top 2 in your opinion? Top 2 GAA? Top 2 sv%? Top 2 wins?

I just think if you do some digging to see what you need to post to be top 2 all time, you'll realize it's a lot harder than you think. Especially to do it behind this sens team that still makes a lot of mistakes.

Last edited:
Reactions: bert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad