Proposal: Bos-Ott Ullmark for Norris, Forsberg + pick

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019
Boston needs a top 6 centreman, Ottawa needs a legit starter.

Norris is playing #2c now and has not have his best season after shoulder injury but has proven he can score at a 40+ goal a season pace. Forsberg will be a decent backup to Swayman.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Norris gets paid 7.950 for 6 more years after this one, and is on pace for roughly 25g and 50p. There's no way in heII he doesn't currently have negative value, and that's coming from a Sens fan.

There's Certainly a chance he turns it around and becomes the player he was in 2021-22 but I'd certainly be quite surprised if Boston went all-in on that bet.

Pinto is the only realistic name Boston would probably entertain for one of their goalies.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
What do you think moving a Vezina winner in division costs? If Ottawa wants him that's the cost

A Vezina winner with 1 more year left on his contract is still not worth a top-5 pick even if traded within the division.

In any case, Ottawa isn't helping Boston with a top-6 center just as Boston won't give Ottawa a slightly better goalie than what they currently have.

• Haha
Reactions: TD Charlie

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
A Vezina winner with 1 more year left on his contract is still not worth a top-5 pick even if traded within the division.

In any case, Ottawa isn't helping Boston with a top-6 center just as Boston won't give Ottawa a slightly better goalie than what they currently have.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Could have ended your post half a sentence earlier and been fine but wow.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
if greig and pinto finish the year strong i could see ottawa looking to move norris in the offseason. it's a big contract to move during the season.

Reactions: SweSensFan

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019
if greig and pinto finish the year strong i could see ottawa looking to move norris in the offseason. it's a big contract to move during the seaso

Norris gets paid 7.950 for 6 more years after this one, and is on pace for roughly 25g and 50p. There's no way in heII he doesn't currently have negative value, and that's coming from a Sens fan.

There's Certainly a chance he turns it around and becomes the player he was in 2021-22 but I'd certainly be quite surprised if Boston went all-in on that bet.

Pinto is the only realistic name Boston would probably entertain for one of their goalies.
I hear ya! Mostly just entertaining the idea obviously. So would you consider trading Pinto for Ullmark?

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I hear ya! Mostly just entertaining the idea obviously. So would you consider trading Pinto for Ullmark?

If Ullmark had more term, yeah - but he's a UFA too soon and Pinto is too good to trade for what could be 1 year of Ullmark. If we were a more desirable location (LA, NYC, etc..) I'd be less concerned about it.

Swayman I'd consider, but I imagine Boston would prefer to keep him.

Reactions: SweSensFan

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011

BREAKING NEWS: Vezina winner is slightly ahead of a, at best, bottom end NHL starter according to sens fan.

Last edited by a moderator:

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

A 50pt C paid nearly $8M has negative value.
Also a slightly better goalie ? :laugh:

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Is the top 6 center in the room with us right now? All I see is a 50 pt guy with an $8m a year price tag.

If Ullmark was only slightly better than the goalies in Ottawa you wouldn't be a cellar dweller

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Is the top 6 center in the room with us right now? All I see is a 50 pt guy with an $8m a year price tag.

If Ullmark was only slightly better than the goalies in Ottawa you wouldn't be a cellar dweller

It's the other way around. Boston makes their goalies better than they actually are.
Swap Korpisalo and Ullmark and there would be minimal change in the current standings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad