Proposal: BOS+MTL

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
No he doesn't. He looks like a 3rd pair guy. No team is contending with Gryz on the 2nd pair.

That said, no interest in Armia.

I didn't mean he's a 2nd pair today on a contender.
I like his game and believe he can get there with experience.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
I’m sure you’re not. There are idiots everywhere.

That was bit harsh, in a round-about way, there. I'd prefer it if you'd said ''blind and passionate fans'', but meh, as you wish.

Come to think of it, if a Boston Bruins GM had the stupidity to offer a trade quite lopsided in our favor, and that trade benefited the Canadiens greatly, I wouldn't hold on to my misgivings regarding Boston's players and happily welcome them aboard as a a fan. So, you could say that my feelings against former Boston Bruins players joining the Montreal Canadiens is actually circumstances-based (like everything in life), who knew.

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
Didn’t know a kid playing over 20 minutes a night on the best defensive team in the league would be bottom pair on the lowly Habs. Keep em coming kiddo.
Actually you would have a good defenseman
Other than improve it you mean?

I'm sorry that you guys are hurt by the fact Habs fans don't feel that Boston's #5 d-man is the saviour we need. Is he an improvement, maybe. Is he enough of an improvement to be a real solution? No.

Last edited:

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Didn’t know a kid playing over 20 minutes a night on the best defensive team in the league would be bottom pair on the lowly Habs. Keep em coming kiddo.

Lowly habs? We’re one point behind the Bruins buddy.

As for the OP, Montreal just paid ~2.5M in REAL CASH (Mason buyout over two seasons) for Armia and we have a real need for him. Why would we trade him now? Doesn’t make any sense from Montreal perspective.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Awful proposal. Gryzlek is awesome and on a great contract. Kid can skate and is defensively responsible. It would take Domi or Gallagher to pry him out of Boston

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'm sorry that you guys are hurt by the fact Habs fans don't feel that Boston's #5 d-man is the saviour we need. Is he an improvement, maybe. Is he enough of an improvement to be a real solution? No.

Who's said he's the saviour?

Your LD trio is damm garbage, and Grzelcyk could be part of a solution.
If you cant get a #1LD it doesn't mean you can't add other players.

But he's not available for Montreal.

Reactions: Wooren

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Reactions: Drouin92

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
So does every D man on the Canadians so he should fit right in :)

That team without Price would be in the lottery with that D group ,Weber makes Chara look like Matt Grzelcyk in speed
Chara was once good .Today he sucks.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Junohockeyfan is only trying to devalue Grezecyk in order to get him at a cheaper price like when you are look at buying a used car, you try to find thing wrong with it it get the price down.
True but a piece of junk is a piece of junk no matter what town your seeing it in.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Who's said he's the saviour?

Your LD trio is damm garbage, and Grzelcyk could be part of a solution.
If you cant get a #1LD it doesn't mean you can't add other players.

But he's not available for Montreal.

Because he’s a slight improvement on one of the worst left side of the league doesn’t mean we should spend a quality (and needed) asset in Armia.

As I previously said, we just paid ~2.5M in real $ to acquire Armia. He’s not going anywhere

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
After watching the last Hab Bruin game, Grizz would have been the best passer on dee for them. They could not make a tape to tape to save their lives it was brutal to watch. We are not giving them a very good puck mover who evades every check thrown at him and is a stick checking wizard. Grizz is on Krugs level minus the shot. If we move him it is part of a package to get a much better player.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
This thread is the epitome of what's wrong with the HF Trades forum. A whole lot of people talking smack and not many talking hockey.

As for the OP, obviously the Habs would strongly consider this offer. Good proposal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pia8988

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Because he’s a slight improvement on one of the worst left side of the league doesn’t mean we should spend a quality (and needed) asset in Armia.

As I previously said, we just paid ~2.5M in real $ to acquire Armia. He’s not going anywhere

He's a good player.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Chara was once good .Today he sucks.
Chara is still better than anyone on the Habs defense. McAvoy has taken his role as the #1 because he is so good. Chara himself is still one of the top shutdown defensemen in the NHL.

As for Gryz, it would have to be a much better return than that for the Bruins to trade him.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Chara is still better than anyone on the Habs defense. McAvoy has taken his role as the #1 because he is so good. Chara himself is still one of the top shutdown defensemen in the NHL.

As for Gryz, it would have to be a much better return than that for the Bruins to trade him.

Insert <Weber> <Petry>

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
He's a good player.

I think Mete is better and honestly I feel if we go the trade route, a player like Muzzin would fit our need better (and we can send futures while Armia is part of our present/future).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad