Proposal: BOS+MTL

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
I'd want more for Grzelyck to start with. I'd want 10x as much considering we'd be trading him to not just a div rival, but the most violent rival.

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
Grzelcyk can actually play and can give you #2LD for a long time. That's one your issues solved, the LD side is ......

Armia doesn't fix the 2nd line Rw problem for Boston.

The LD side is Mete, Reilly, Kulak, Benn, Schlemko. Adding Grzelcyk doesn't really change anything.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
To Boston

- Joel Armia

To Montreal

-Matt Grzelcyk

I know trades rarely happens between these 2 teams, but I thought this trade would be fair for both teams (at least in my opinion)

Reason Bruins does it: As much as i love Grzelcyk, (even more since he's been paired with Mcavoy) we have a surplus of LDs. Bruins needs a Rw for Krejci and I feel Armia could be decent there.

Reason Montreal does it: They need a LD, Grzelcyk is still pretty young (24). Pretty good puck mover, I feel he'd shine with Weber and their speedy forwards as hes a very good puck mover.

Thoughts?

Who's Joel Armia? Whoever he is NO THANKS!

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Terrible, if you want Armia the asking price is Mcavoy + Pasta or Bergeron, the rest of your roster isnt even worth mentioning.

Reactions: stanley25

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Though I know nothing of Grelzcyk, I think this probably favours the Habs. However the Habs have similar players in Reilly and Kulak and Mete. What the Habs really need is someone who can push Petry to the #3 slot. I don't think Grelzcyk is that guy. Value favours the Habs, but it doesn't address their issue on defence.

Is this a joke?

Reactions: dwright5314

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
So does every D man on the Canadians so he should fit right in :)

That team without Price would be in the lottery with that D group ,Weber makes Chara look like Matt Grzelcyk in speed

Chara's still playing??? He defines the word Pylon. He is so slow you need time-lapse photography to see his movement!

Weber is man-mountain and still chugging along at a 0.77 PPG pace. Meanwhile, McCavoy is one hit from retirement. Krug is a turnover machine and a defensive liability. And Gryz is irrelevant. He adds nothing.

Reactions: c3z4r and stanley25

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Chara's still playing??? He defines the word Pylon. He is so slow you need time-lapse photography to see his movement!

Weber is man-mountain and still chugging along at a 0.77 PPG pace. Meanwhile, McCavoy is one hit from retirement. Krug is a turnover machine and a defensive liability. And Gryz is irrelevant. He adds nothing.

Chugging is a good explanation Lol, He looked it when the Bruins played them last week.

Chuckie is a stud and will be tormenting the Hab fans for a decade

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA

This has to be one of the saltiest posts i’ve ever seen. You’re all wet.:laugh:

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
In a vacuum, Matt Grzelcyk is probably worth more than Armia straight up, a fact magnified even more by his position. That said, on principle of him playing for the Bruins, I simply don't want him on my team, as a fan (and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that way about Boston's players, or inversely, about Montreal's).

John Bruins

Jul 3, 2018
Bangor, Maine
Didn’t know a kid playing over 20 minutes a night on the best defensive team in the league would be bottom pair on the lowly Habs. Keep em coming kiddo.

Junohockeyfan is only trying to devalue Grezecyk in order to get him at a cheaper price like when you are look at buying a used car, you try to find thing wrong with it it get the price down.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
In a vacuum, Matt Grzelcyk is probably worth more than Armia straight up, a fact magnified even more by his position. That said, on principle of him playing for the Bruins, I simply don't want him on my team, as a fan (and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that way about Boston's players, or inversely, about Montreal's).

I’m sure you’re not. There are idiots everywhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad